Old September 7th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Strange Signal at 1625 UTC

While checking signals from 1600-1700 UTC again, today, ran across a
real strange one.
On 13560 Khz there was a very strong carrier, S9+20db with a mid-
range, steady audio modulation. Also a faint 'tick-tick' in the
background.Sort of sounded like a recording device. Signal still heard
at 1842 UTC. Any ideas ?? Local artifact (doubtful) A new SW station,
testing ?? Could not find this frequency in any lists I checked,
including EIBI, etc.
Signal may still be on now (1900 UTC) so give a listen and see if you
can hear it. Thanks, and good listening from SW4ever...
Old September 7th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 7, 3:04*pm, SW4ever wrote:
While checking signals from 1600-1700 UTC again, today, ran across a
real strange one.
On 13560 Khz there was a very strong carrier, S9+20db with a mid-
range, steady audio modulation. Also a faint 'tick-tick' in the
background.Sort of sounded like a recording device. Signal still heard
at 1842 UTC. Any ideas ?? Local artifact (doubtful) A new SW station,
testing ?? Could not find this frequency in any lists I checked,
including EIBI, etc.
Signal may still be on now (1900 UTC) so give a listen and see if you
can hear it. Thanks, and good listening from SW4ever...

I see or hear no carrier but I do hear the ticking.
Other than that, it is an extremely quiet freq. as
of 1950 UTC. QTH is Cincinnati,Ohio. My signal
strength meter is on 0 and if I didn't know better
I would have thought the radio was off.
Old September 7th 09, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 7, 3:04�pm, SW4ever wrote:
While checking signals from 1600-1700 UTC again, today, ran across a
real strange one.
On 13560 Khz there was a very strong carrier, S9+20db with a mid-
range, steady audio modulation. Also a faint 'tick-tick' in the
background.Sort of sounded like a recording device. Signal still heard
at 1842 UTC. Any ideas ?? Local artifact (doubtful) A new SW station,
testing ?? Could not find this frequency in any lists I checked,
including EIBI, etc.
Signal may still be on now (1900 UTC) so give a listen and see if you
can hear it. Thanks, and good listening from SW4ever...

It's the sound of your cock throbbing, thinking about my firm titties.
Old September 8th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve R. wrote:
"SW4ever" wrote in message
While checking signals from 1600-1700 UTC again, today, ran across a
real strange one.
On 13560 Khz there was a very strong carrier, S9+20db with a mid-
range, steady audio modulation. Also a faint 'tick-tick' in the
background.Sort of sounded like a recording device. Signal still heard
at 1842 UTC. Any ideas ?? Local artifact (doubtful) A new SW station,
testing ?? Could not find this frequency in any lists I checked,
including EIBI, etc.
Signal may still be on now (1900 UTC) so give a listen and see if you
can hear it. Thanks, and good listening from SW4ever...

LPRS Low Power Radio Service - United States - 100 mW Sec. ... LPRS stations
may transmit voice, data, or tracking signals as permitted in this section.
...... frequency: 6780 kHz a15.0 kHz 13560 kHz a17.0 kHz 27120 kHz a163.0
kHz 40.68 ...

See: www.monix.net/FRS-GMRS.txt

Could be one of many things!

Steve R.

Most likely an oven.
Old September 8th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
SW4ever wrote:
While checking signals from 1600-1700 UTC again, today, ran across a
real strange one.
On 13560 Khz there was a very strong carrier, S9+20db with a mid-
range, steady audio modulation. Also a faint 'tick-tick' in the
background.Sort of sounded like a recording device. Signal still heard
at 1842 UTC. Any ideas ?? Local artifact (doubtful) A new SW station,
testing ?? Could not find this frequency in any lists I checked,
including EIBI, etc.
Signal may still be on now (1900 UTC) so give a listen and see if you
can hear it. Thanks, and good listening from SW4ever...

13.56 MHz +/- 7.0 kHz is an Industrial/Scientific/Medical band.
(47 CFR Part 18 in the US).

Part 18 has the neatest line I've found so far in the FCC
regulations in paragraph 18.305: "ISM Equipment operating on
a frequency specified in (paragraph) 18.301 is allowed
unlimited radiated energy in the band specified by the
frequency."

Mark Zenier

Old September 9th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 7, 3:04*pm, SW4ever wrote:
While checking signals from 1600-1700 UTC again, today, ran across a
real strange one.
On 13560 Khz there was a very strong carrier, S9+20db with a mid-
range, steady audio modulation. Also a faint 'tick-tick' in the
background.

It's a legitimate ISM signal.
they use 6780, 13560, and 27120
Source
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/MT_Qu...e_Spectrum.pdf

Old September 9th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 8, 8:18*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
On Sep 7, 3:04*pm, SW4ever wrote:

While checking signals from 1600-1700 UTC again, today, ran across a
real strange one.
On 13560 Khz there was a very strong carrier, S9+20db with a mid-
range, steady audio modulation. Also a faint 'tick-tick' in the
background.

It's a legitimate ISM signal.
they use 6780, 13560, and 27120
Sourcehttp://www.monitoringtimes.com/MT_Quick_Guide_to_the_Shortwave_Spectr...

Ha! Good catch SC.
Old September 9th 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 7, 3:04*pm, SW4ever wrote:
While checking signals from 1600-1700 UTC again, today, ran across a
real strange one.
On 13560 Khz there was a very strong carrier, S9+20db with a mid-
range, steady audio modulation. Also a faint 'tick-tick' in the
background.Sort of sounded like a recording device. Signal still heard
at 1842 UTC. Any ideas ?? Local artifact (doubtful) A new SW station,
testing ?? Could not find this frequency in any lists I checked,
including EIBI, etc.
Signal may still be on now (1900 UTC) so give a listen and see if you
can hear it. Thanks, and good listening from SW4ever...

Thanks everyone, for the info on the strange signal.. So many radio
towers around here that I wondered if it was an artifact. Will check
out other freqs. as well.
Nice response and appreciated muchly...
Good Listening from SW4ever...
Old August 10th 14, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You get up to 1 watt actually but no one cares same as gmrs and 900mhz and. I use around 5 watts though on a 20 meter yagi though sometimes I do hook up the ft857d and put out 100 watts. Nice pirate broadcasting frequency and well as for qso