Old September 11th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 9-11 Revisited

The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

The commercial for the one at 8pm EST
is called "102 Minutes That Changed America", it gave me goosebumps,
unbelievable.

I remember that morning like it was yesterday and how this group came
alive, there was no bickering in here
that day....that's for sure.

Every 9-11 I google the threads from that
day and the following week to keep it fresh in my mind.

Be prepared for the next one is my motto.
Old September 11th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. ****ing embarrassment. Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.
Old September 11th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:20:23 -0700, dave wrote:

Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. ****ing embarrassment. Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.

Damn straight, not since Pearl Harbor, you ain't worth a damn G.Bush.

Old September 11th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. ****ing embarrassment. Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.

Funny, as it would seem most of their work and practice took place during your
'tard boy Clinton's watch. Was he napping or fooling around with interns?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 11th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 11, 2:20*pm, dave wrote:
Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. *****ing embarrassment. *Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.

Well Dave, lets not go that far, though I understand
what you're saying.

I feel it goes/went much deeper than freeking Bush.
I wonder if something happens during Obama's
admin. if the reactions will still be to blame Bush.

Sooner or later the blame game on Bush has to stop.

It will be interesting because make no mistake
about it, the next disaster is going to make 9-11
look like a 4th of July Fireworks Show.

The question is will those people be prepared and
not loose their heads so too speak and get out safely.

Many deaths on 9-11 could have been avoided after
the first crash, people were coming down the elevators and were told
by freeking security that "this
building is secure, go back to your work stations"....
lol...I would have told him "lets don't and say we did."

I'd have been out there.shaking my head

Old September 11th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/11/09 14:49 , dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. ****ing embarrassment. Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.

Funny, as it would seem most of their work and practice took place during your
'tard boy Clinton's watch. Was he napping or fooling around with interns?

He was too busy telling the Arabs he wasn't interested in taking
Bin Laden when they offered to serve him up.

He had lies to tell, taxes to raise, military budgets to cut,
guidance systems to sell to the Chinese, Israeli concessions to
orchestrate, Palestinian extremists to empower, bombings to ignore,
and women to rape.

You know, the man had important **** to do.

Old September 11th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 11, 3:49*pm, dxAce wrote:
dave wrote:
Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. *****ing embarrassment. *Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.

Funny, as it would seem most of their work and practice took place during your
'tard boy Clinton's watch. Was he napping or fooling around with interns?

***EXACTLY*** Steve. This all started way before
Bush Jr. ever sniffed the White House, but you will
never get people to understand that because it isn't
human nature...it's easier just to blame Bush and I'm
definitely not saying I am pimping Jr. either because
he had his faults but 9-11 IMO wasn't his fault.
Old September 11th 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. ****ing embarrassment. Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.

Funny, as it would seem most of their work and practice took place during your
'tard boy Clinton's watch. Was he napping or fooling around with interns?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

As I recall Clinton was being distracted by an insane witch hunt.
Regardless, Bush had dozens of very specific warnings and did nothing.

Did nothing.
Old September 11th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 11, 5:01*pm, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
On 9/11/09 14:49 , dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. *****ing embarrassment. *Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.

Funny, as it would seem most of their work and practice took place during your
'tard boy Clinton's watch. Was he napping or fooling around with interns?

* *He was too busy telling the Arabs he wasn't interested in taking
Bin Laden when they offered to serve him up.

* *He had lies to tell, taxes to raise, military budgets to cut,
guidance systems to sell to the Chinese, Israeli concessions to
orchestrate, Palestinian extremists to empower, bombings to ignore,
and women to rape.

* *You know, the man had important **** to do.- Hide quoted text -

Peter....that about cracked me up. This thread wasn't
intended though to rile up RRS. Did you google that day in here yet?

I know that day and the week after I stayed with my
shortwave and scanners, all freqs. were definitely hopping. Unless I
am literally at the next ground zero,
which I pray never happens, I have went over and over in mind what to
do. I won't be caught off guard
again.

Old September 11th 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Sep 11, 2:20 pm, dave wrote:
Gregg wrote:
The History Channel is the place to be
on this somber day. All day is going to
be great shows.

A couple dozen crazies bring empire to its knees with boxcutters and
maxxed-out credit cards. ****ing embarrassment. Bush should be
punished for getting caught napping.

Well Dave, lets not go that far, though I understand
what you're saying.

I feel it goes/went much deeper than freeking Bush.
I wonder if something happens during Obama's
admin. if the reactions will still be to blame Bush.

Sooner or later the blame game on Bush has to stop.

Why were these guys allowed to fly?

"Mohamed Atta and Abdulaziz Alomari check in at the US Airways counter
at Portland International Jetport Airport. [Portland Press Herald,
10/5/2001; Federal Bureau of Investigation, 10/14/2001] They are wearing
ties and jackets. Atta checks in two bags, Alomari none. Atta is
randomly selected for additional security scrutiny by the FAA’s Computer
Assisted Passenger Prescreening System (CAPPS) (see (6:20 a.m.-7:48
a.m.) September 11, 2001). However, the only consequence is that his
checked bags will be held off the plane until it is confirmed that he
has boarded. [9/11 Commission, 7/24/2004, pp. 1; 9/11 Commission,
8/26/2004, pp. 2 pdf file; CNN, 3/3/2006] Noting that their flight is
soon due to leave, the ticket agent who checks them in, Michael Tuohey,
says, “You’re cutting it close.” [Portland Press Herald, 3/6/2005]
Tuohey thinks the pair seems unusual. He notices they both have $2,500
first-class, one-way tickets. He later comments, “You don’t see many of
those.” Atta looks “like a walking corpse. He looked so angry.” In
contrast, Tuohey says, Alomari can barely speak English and has “a goofy
smile, I can’t believe he knew he was going to die that day.” Tuohey
will later recount,

“I thought they looked like two Arab terrorists but then I berated
myself for the stereotype and did nothing.”

[Philadelphia Daily News, 2/24/2005; Mirror, 9/11/2005; CNN, 3/3/2006]
Atta becomes angry when Tuohey informs him he will have to check in
again in Boston. He complains that he was assured he would have a
“one-step check-in.” [9/11 Commission, 8/26/2004, pp. 2 pdf file;
Associated Press, 3/7/2005] Tuohey will be recalled to work later in the
day to speak to an FBI agent about his encounter with Atta and Alomari.
He is shown video footage of them passing through the airport’s security
checkpoint upstairs (see (Between 5:45 a.m. and 5:53 a.m.) September 11,
2001). Although recognizing the two men, he notices that in the video
they are no longer wearing the jackets and ties they’d had on when
checking in just minutes before. He assumes they must have taken these
off and tucked them into their carry-on baggage. He is also informed
that the security camera behind his own desk, which should have captured
the two hijackers, has in fact been out of order for some time.
[Portland Press Herald, 3/6/2005; CNN, 3/3/2006]

Entity Tags: Michael Tuohey, Federal Aviation Administration, Computer
Assisted Passenger Prescreening System, Portland International Jetport
Airport, Abdulaziz Alomari, Mohamed Atta

Timeline Tags: Complete 911 Timeline, 9/11 Timeline

http://www.historycommons.org/contex...tlandc heckin

AA4 Revisited Joe Bento Radio Photos 13 May 12th 09 04:07 PM
ear buds revisited [email protected] Shortwave 1 January 9th 06 12:48 PM
Re : OT 1984 revisited LW Shortwave 1 July 7th 04 04:26 PM
OT 1984 revisited m II Shortwave 0 July 7th 04 08:50 AM
-Watch geo pop his top-/ Revisited [email protected] Policy 0 September 26th 03 02:01 AM