Old October 31st 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Setting Your Clocks Back

MojaveDxer wrote:

On Oct 31, 1:19 pm, dxAce wrote:
" wrote:
On Oct 31, 12:59 pm, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:
dxAce wrote:
Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

Noooooooooooo! That changes as well.

You are confusing UTC/GMT with the time used in the UK. While the usual time
used in England, Wales and Scotland is the same as GMT, in the summer they
switch to BST (British Summer Time).

Geoff.

Didn't the switch from BST to GMT take place last weekend (October
25)? He is as correct about this as he is about his self-appointed
title of 'Ace'.

Cry me a river, boy!- Hide quoted text -

You dont have better things to do than pulling on chains.

Of course I do! I can listen to the radio AND yank chains as well!

The amazing dxAce!

Old October 31st 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 31, 2:10*pm, dxAce wrote:
MojaveDxer wrote:

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel *N3OWJ/4X1GM
Didn't the switch from BST to GMT take place last weekend (October
25)? *He is as correct about this as he is about his self-appointed
title of 'Ace'.

Cry me a river, boy!- Hide quoted text -

You dont have better things to do than pulling on chains.

Of course I do! I can listen to the radio AND yank chains as well!

The amazing dxAce!- Hide quoted text -

Well you can not yank my chain because this dog got loose.
Old October 31st 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
Hoist em up, baby!
cuhulin

Old October 31st 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Nick Danger wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:28 pm, dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your
GMT/UTC clock back one hour as well.

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

Nick Danger wrote:

YOU [Somebody Somewhere] are correct.

Lare is wrong (a condition he is not unfamiliar with).
But then, it's the weekend, and well, you know, he
sorta...ahem...shall we say, sometimes gets a little too friendly
with that fire water.

Or, on the other hand...he could be saying it "tongue in cheek",
trying to fish in the newbies. ;-)

Your pick.

dxAce wrote:

You're a dufus (a condition, nay, a way of life that you are very
familiar with).

And Lare, the dxDufus, is STILL wrong. GMT/UTC does N-O-T change. Sorry,
boy, you can't tap dance your way outta this.

This bogus info from a dufus who proclaims himself to be a dx'ing "ace".

dxAce wrote:

More of an "ace" than you'll probably ever be, crybaby!

So me pointing out that you are spreading BOGUS, patently wrong
"information" makes me a "crybaby"?

Sure. Whatever you say, dxDufus.

Keep on tap dancin', boy!

Old October 31st 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

You are confusing UTC/GMT with the time used in the UK.

Not a big surprise...

The dxDufus normally lives in a state of confusion. Anyway, you would
think one who has been in the game as long as Lare and who claims to be
an "ace" wouldn't make such a basic error.

Hmmm...maybe that means he's NOT such an "ace".

Old October 31st 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

MojaveDxer wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Of course I do! I can listen to the radio AND yank chains as well!

The amazing dxAce!

Yeah...the amazingly -wrong- dxDufus!
Old October 31st 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Nick Danger wrote:

dxAce wrote:

More of an "ace" than you'll probably ever be, crybaby!

So me pointing out that you are spreading BOGUS, patently wrong
"information" makes me a "crybaby"?

Sure. Whatever you say, dxDufus.

Keep on tap dancin', boy.

Keep on dreamin' of that elusive dx, boy!

Old November 1st 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

MojaveDxer wrote:

wrote:
dxAce wrote:
Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?
Noooooooooooo! That changes as well.
You are confusing UTC/GMT with the time used in the UK. While the usual time
used in England, Wales and Scotland is the same as GMT, in the summer they
switch to BST (British Summer Time).
Geoff.
Didn't the switch from BST to GMT take place last weekend (October
25)? He is as correct about this as he is about his self-appointed
title of 'Ace'.
Cry me a river, boy!- Hide quoted text -

You dont have better things to do than pulling on chains.

Of course I do! I can listen to the radio AND yank chains as well!

The amazing dxAce!

Chains are not the only thing the DX ACE yanks... He won't be able to
read the dial on his radio soon!

Krypsis

Struble's setting up for the IPO, folks! [email protected] Shortwave 0 May 15th 08 06:53 PM
cautions setting up new rig? Jeff[_2_] General 3 April 4th 07 08:58 PM
setting up rigblaster wf3h Digital 5 October 15th 06 11:53 PM
SETTING UP AN OPTIMOD AM steve Broadcasting 3 June 27th 04 07:13 PM
setting up an indoor CB set Frank Gilliland CB 4 July 13th 03 04:06 PM