Old November 1st 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Setting Your Clocks Back

I received an email today from that married Irish woman wayyyyyyyy over
yonder across the big pond in Bognor Regis,England about her time
zone.She said we all put out clocks back on October 24th.

Soooooo, tHat is tHat.
cuhulin, in Mississippi Coon Ass Time Zone

Old November 2nd 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 31, 10:12*am, dave wrote:
dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- My clocks set themselves.

Dave proving that you are irrelevant
and Time is an ongoing continuum . . .
Old November 2nd 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A brocken clock is exactly right twice a day, 24 hour period.

About a year ago, I watched a tv program about India.There is a great
big giant Sun Dial in India which is about a thousand years old, (more
or less, I forget just how old the guy said that Sun Dial is) that Sun
Dial is still accurate today within two seconds.

Sun Dials are fascinating.I like Sun Dials.
cuhulin

Old November 2nd 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default UTC Does Not Change with a Change of Seasons -was- Setting YourClocks Back

On Oct 31, 9:19*am, Somebody Somewhere wrote:
On Oct 31, 12:28*pm, dxAce wrote:

When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why? *I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

UTC Does Not Change with a Change of Seasons
-wrt- Daylight Saving Time -&- Standard Local Time
Old November 2nd 09, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default UTC Does Not Change with a Change of Seasons -was- Setting Your...

wrote:
Get a little bitty box with a hinged lid that will fit in your shirt
pocket and a little bitty compass.You can figure out how to rig it
up.Rig it up small enough and you can wear that little bitty Sun Dial on
your wrist like a fancy wris****ch.
cuhulin

And on a cloudy day...

Old November 2nd 09, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Toxic wrote:
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 02:36:15 -0800, Bob Dobbs wrote:

...plus all the other clocks got good sync,

I wonder if WWVB did a brief QRO just for the occasion?

My clocks are updated daily by WWVB. Except this one right here, which
will wait until all the computers are off.
Old November 16th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

At teh tone of teh bayle,,, teh tyme issa nowwww,,,, O' dark thutty.
cuhulin

Old November 16th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 15, 4:47*pm, John Barnard wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 31, 10:42 am, Nick Danger wrote:
Lare is wrong (a condition he is not unfamiliar with).

No matter how wrong he is, he will never admit it.

That would require intelligence to realize he had made a mistake and
balls to admit that he made the mistake. The Acehole is known to be
short on both counts.

JB

I think you are wrong. It is not because of his lack of intelligence
and missing cojones. It is due to this lack of integrity and
character.

Struble's setting up for the IPO, folks! [email protected] Shortwave 0 May 15th 08 06:53 PM
cautions setting up new rig? Jeff[_2_] General 3 April 4th 07 08:58 PM
setting up rigblaster wf3h Digital 5 October 15th 06 11:53 PM
SETTING UP AN OPTIMOD AM steve Broadcasting 3 June 27th 04 07:13 PM
setting up an indoor CB set Frank Gilliland CB 4 July 13th 03 04:06 PM