Old November 25th 09, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT When is Google Groups going to release a Killfile

First the Chinese spammers and their knockoff crap on this group. Now
the king of Bollywood spam won’t take a hike. Google please give us
the ability to move these crap posts in the toilet where they belong.
Old November 25th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

,
MojaveDxer writes:

First the Chinese spammers and their knockoff crap on this
group. Now the king of Bollywood spam won=92t take a hike. Google
please give us the ability to move these crap posts in the toilet
where they belong.

http://www.google.ch/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENCH258&=&q=goo gle+groups+killfile&btnG=Google+Search&meta=lr%3D

Now how difficult was it to do that?
Old November 25th 09, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Nov 24, 10:44*pm, MojaveDxer wrote:
On Nov 24, 10:32*pm, RHF wrote:

On Nov 24, 9:29*pm, MojaveDxer wrote:
- *First the Chinese spammers and their knockoff crap on this group.
Now
- the king of Bollywood spam won’t take a hike. Google please give us
- the ability to move these crap posts in the toilet where they
belong.

Within Google Groups at the Bottom of the Post
you have these Opinions :
[Reply]
[Forward]
[Report spam] *** Clink-On this One ***
[Rate this post:]
*.

Reporting as spam does not yield any results. I would personally
prefer a killfile so I can filter out your worthless copy and paste

Google Ain't No News Reader.

Google uses Adz to Pay for their "Groups" Service.

The Adz are keyed to the Message Title and Text.

-translation- It is not in Google's Interest [$]
to have a Kill File -cause- You don't see the
Message with the couple Adz and they lose
potential Revenue [$]

-Question-
OT When is Google Groups going to release a Killfile ?

-Answer-
Never -unless- Google can charge you with each
Message that you Automatically Delete prior to
Reading via a 'Kill-File'. {Monetize the Process
into a Revenue Stream.}

That's G$$gle in a Dollar Sign ~ RHF

-ps- Use a a real News Reader with a Kill-File feature.
Old November 25th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Nov 25, 11:35*am, Krypsis wrote:
Evan Platt wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:49:53 +0100, (Roy Culley)
wrote:

http://www.google.ch/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENCH258&=&q=g.. .

Now how difficult was it to do that?

I personally KF all google groups. Too much SNR from them to make it
worthwhile not to.

I used to do the same to Hotmail addresses. Blanket ban, if you had
Hotmail, you weren't getting through to me, no way, no how!

- These days I use Thunderbird

Mozilla’s Thunderbird
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Thunderbird

Mozilla’s Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FireFox

so I filter the dipsticks out more easily and on an as
needed basis.

Krypsis

Old November 27th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

http://www.google.ch/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENCH258&=&q=g.. .

Now how difficult was it to do that?

I personally KF all google groups. Too much SNR from them to make it
worthwhile not to.

I used to do the same to Hotmail addresses. Blanket ban, if you had
Hotmail, you weren't getting through to me, no way, no how! These days I
use Thunderbird so I filter the dipsticks out more easily and on an as
needed basis.

Krypsis

***Hey Krypto, doesn't seem that your "killfile" is working very well
lol...and the Distinguished Troll Society is very grateful for
that...What would you do with a killfile anyway?...See ya at the
Bangkok Arrest Anniversary BASH in a short 6 weeks!...:-)
Old November 28th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

,
MojaveDxer writes:
On Nov 25, 8:49*am, (Roy Culley) wrote:
,
* * * * MojaveDxer writes:

*First the Chinese spammers and their knockoff crap on this
group. Now the king of Bollywood spam won=92t take a hike. Google
please give us the ability to move these crap posts in the toilet
where they belong.

http://www.google.ch/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENCH258&=&q=g.. .

Now how difficult was it to do that?

Gee like Im just too stupid to use a search engine. If you look,
the only working killfile solution is to install a greasemonkey
script in Firefox. No working solution for IE 7 or 8. The stuff out
there written for IE is malicous webscripting. Google needs to
provide some user moderation since they are not going to take the
responsibility to do it.

Google offer a free usenet service. They took over the usenet archive
and keep it available for all. I use one of the firefox addon scripts
for when I want to read usenet at work. Works fine.

Why don't you subscribe to a free usenet provider, install a proper
usenet client and killfile to your hearts content?

Better yet, drop Windows and install Linux. Far better security and
great usenet clients.
Old November 28th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I know a guy about my same age who uses hotmail for one of his addys.He
was born in Croatia, he is German ancestry.Hitler had some members of
his family murdered.Hitler sent himself and his sister and his mom and
dad back to Germany.When he was about nine years old, they Immigrated to
America.He was in U.S.Air Force.He has over forty years of computer
experience in all kinds of computer operating systems.He is an IT
Expert, there isn't anything about computers he doesn't know.
cuhulin

The ARRL goes Google Groups Twice Javier Anderson Homebrew 0 January 17th 07 03:07 PM
Google Radio Groups Scott Smith Equipment 1 November 2nd 06 06:14 PM
Killfile with Google Groups wavetrapper Shortwave 11 October 11th 06 11:08 PM
Google Groups W5DXP Antenna 2 December 31st 04 11:40 PM
(OT) Google Groups 2 (BETA) = Yahoo Groups {eGroups} ? RHF Shortwave 3 September 21st 04 09:03 AM