Old December 27th 09, 06:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ***Ping Steve***

On that 70" wire you use, how long have you used that specific antenna
setup? What did you use before that?
Old December 27th 09, 12:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:

On that 70" wire you use, how long have you used that specific antenna
setup?

I've been using that since I moved here in 2001. It is transformer matched and
the coax is buried, same as the 200' wire.

What did you use before that?

I used pretty much the same 70' wire and various inverted vee's.

Old December 27th 09, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Gregg wrote:

On that 70" wire you use, how long have you used that specific antenna
setup?

I've been using that since I moved here in 2001. It is transformer matched and
the coax is buried, same as the 200' wire.

What did you use before that?

I used pretty much the same 70' wire and various inverted vee's.

And, up until 5 or 6 years ago I had access a few times a year to a nice setup
that featured 6 pretty much permanent beverages from 300 to 700 feet or so in a
very quiet location.

Beginning in late October I've begun experiencing some noise here that pretty much
makes the 200' wire useless. The noise did take about a two week break right about
Radio St. Helena time but then returned.

I'll have to get out one of these days when the weather improves and see if I can
locate the source and let our local BPW know.

Old December 27th 09, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Gregg wrote:

On that 70" wire you use, how long have you used that specific antenna
setup?

I've been using that since I moved here in 2001. It is transformer matched and
the coax is buried, same as the 200' wire.

What did you use before that?

I used pretty much the same 70' wire and various inverted vee's.

And, up until 5 or 6 years ago I had access a few times a year to a nice setup
that featured 6 pretty much permanent beverages from 300 to 700 feet or so in a
very quiet location.

Beginning in late October I've begun experiencing some noise here that pretty much
makes the 200' wire useless. The noise did take about a two week break right about
Radio St. Helena time but then returned.

I'll have to get out one of these days when the weather improves and see if I can
locate the source and let our local BPW know.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I put up a 25 foot 'flagpole' mast in the fall,
but I've yet to install any inverted vee's on it. Maybe come Spring!

It's a flagpole made by the Olympus company, comes in about 4-5 foot sections. Had 21
feet of it donated to me and I purchased another 4 foot section.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 29th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 27, 10:51*am, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Gregg wrote:

[...]

Good deal on the flagpole mast - - that definitely opens up other
options.
I really need to lay down some new coax also, guess it's been seven
yrs. maybe
eight- on my oldest and it's buried also.

One more thing. Is that an actual flagpole-- and you're just going to
use the flagpole itself as a mast? Kind of confused me there. ;-)

Old December 29th 09, 09:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:

On Dec 27, 10:51 am, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Gregg wrote:

[...]

Yep, it's an actual flagpole.

Old December 31st 09, 03:24 AM
Banned

Location: Mexico
Send a message via ICQ to Angelina_Apr

Barrister Steve Alexandra
ALEXANDRA ATTORNEYS AND ASSOCIATES
TEL- 00 27 83 350 3206
FAX- 00 27 73 358 1824
EMAIL- barristerstevealexandrawebmail.co.za Ip = 165.146.56.246

He also uses the name "Harrison jomo"

And has a female he uses as an "official " at "absa" bank a real bank but no connection with this scammer name used ="mrs joyce percy"
Also soundtaxi (soundtaxi.org) has Christmas promotion open yet. That is a must have deal for tons of multimedia features available in their software pack