Old March 14th 04, 07:53 PM
AC Smith

Default Question for the Group?

DxAce wrote in message ...
Is it just me or do I rapidly see this becoming a married, Christian
faith group?

Just curious, because there seems to be a fixation of sorts by certain
individuals regarding these two factors.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Amen, brother. It has been my pastime over the last 6 months to see
if any radio related thread can garner more aggregate postings than
the political/hate/off topic threads. Needless to say, this has yet
to happen.

I think, by now, everyone knows where everyone is politically so it
seems to me a HUGE waste of time to continue to use this group as a
forum for political BS.

And as much as I love Mr. Bryant, Dear God am I sick of seeing his
name in the subject of every other posting. Lay off, people.

acs
Old March 14th 04, 08:13 PM
Burr

Hey, They took two weeks of the other day.

It was boring around here with nothing but radio to talk about.

Burr

Old March 14th 04, 08:18 PM
Stinger

I don't know about the married issue, but I think I can speak to the
Christian question.

My hunch is that I think people are jumping to the assumption because of the
apparent huge popularity of religious programming on SW (the same could
probably be said for conservative politics).

I would expect that anybody that regularly listens to much shortwave these
days is probably exposed to more preaching than most regular churchgoers --
however, like the political programming, it is usually coming from the
fringe rather than the mainstream.

-- Stinger

Old March 14th 04, 09:45 PM
ac-acadaptor

I feel your pain, brother. We have 4 cats in a single-wide mobile home...

"Corbin Ray" wrote in message
My wife and I have five cats who all live inside with us, and you wouldn't
believe the moans and scratching sounds and crashing noises we hear just

out
of eyeshot from us.

I'm convinced that there's no such thing as ghosts. Haunted houses don't
need to have ghosts as long as cats exist.

Old March 14th 04, 11:18 PM
Barry Carlton

"DxAce" wrote in message
Is it just me or do I rapidly see this becoming a married, Christian
faith group?

Just curious, because there seems to be a fixation of sorts by certain
individuals regarding these two factors.

No I think it is a married/xian faith *or* a
posting-useless-links-to-yahoo-groups-in-response-to-every-other-post group

..

Old March 15th 04, 12:58 AM
Leonard Martin

In article ,
"Paul_Morphy" wrote:

"DxAce" wrote in message
Is it just me or do I rapidly see this becoming a married, Christian
faith group?

Just curious, because there seems to be a fixation of sorts by certain
individuals regarding these two factors.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

http://nfilter.org/ (seems to be down at the moment)

These filters alone will make rrs much more pleasant!

rec.radio.* drop Subject:*[tT]racy*|*Lare*|*5th Harmonic*|*Kerry*|*Bush*
rec.radio.* drop From:*Michael Bryant*|*N8KDV*|*RHF*
* drop Subject:*Sister*|*sister*|*Open Apologies*
* drop *

"PM"

Thanks. I already created two of those from my own observations. I'll
immediately institute the others.
Leonard

--
"Everything that rises must converge"
--Flannery O'Connor
Old March 15th 04, 01:08 AM
Brian Denley

DxAce wrote:
Is it just me or do I rapidly see this becoming a married, Christian
faith group?

Just curious, because there seems to be a fixation of sorts by certain
individuals regarding these two factors.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

No it's becoming a married, white, conservative, USA only, Christian faith
group. Too bad, it used to be the best shortwave information site around.

--
Brian Denley

Old March 15th 04, 01:17 AM
Barry Carlton

"Brian Denley" wrote in message

No it's becoming a married, white, conservative, USA only, Christian faith
group. Too bad, it used to be the best shortwave information site around.

That it was. These days it is difficult to wade through the preaching,
politics and general crap to find useful posts. It seems every day I add a
new filter, but the twits just keep changing too.

Unfortunately I think it is too late to try something like
rec.radio.shortwave.moderated - the momentum has already been lost.

Old March 15th 04, 01:54 AM
Paul_Morphy

"Leonard Martin" wrote in message

Thanks. I already created two of those from my own observations. I'll
immediately institute the others.
Leonard

Why did you stop emailing me? You know the address (don't use the one I use
for posting--I rarely look at it), or look up my last name and use the
contact form on my Website.

Or am _I_ in your killfile? :

"PM," formerly of "NYC"

Old March 15th 04, 07:59 PM
Tom Sevart

"DxAce" wrote in message
Is it just me or do I rapidly see this becoming a married, Christian
faith group?

What do you mean becoming? We've had people preaching in here ever since I
can remember first reading this group.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

News group question S R Shortwave 2 March 12th 04 05:07 AM
Shut Up Twisted, Shut Up Rec.radio.cb Betterment League CB 2 November 28th 03 03:08 PM
A great short wave pirates group on internet Alfred Zoer \(A*L*I\) Shortwave 0 October 13th 03 06:06 PM