Old March 5th 10, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Local TV channels unavailable.

What's up with that crap?
All of the local tv channels here, via DirecTV are unavailable right
now, since 12:00 PM this afternoon when I clicked on WLBT (NBC
affiliate) channel 3 Noon News.
It says on my tv screen, same as it says on WJTV (CBS) and WAPT (ABC)
and WMPN (PBS) and WRBJ (CW Television Services) and WUFX (MNT
Television Services) WDBD (FOX Television Services) No need to call us -
We are aware that this TV station is temporaraily unavailable,,, We'll
have this channel back as quickly as possible.Sorry for the
interruption.

Those tv channels are still unavailable right now as I am typing this.

This isn't the first time they have done that, unavailable bullsh.t.

Screw it!,,, I am going to the food store.
cuhulin

Old March 5th 10, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

When foolish Americans abandoned off air TV and rushed to hook up to cable
and satellite TV, they begged the providers to have their way with them.
You've
given up all the power to jackasses like Turner, the cable outfits and the
satellite scumbags. Americans have backed themselves into a corner. They all
want to drink from the hose but the water valve is now controlled by someone
else.

You ain't seen nuttin' yet...wait till the REAL digital "high def" bull****
TV begins their squeeze on what you can watch and what you can't.

Old March 5th 10, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 5, 3:03*pm, "Clive" wrote:
When foolish Americans abandoned off air TV and rushed to hook up to cable
and satellite TV, they begged the providers to have their way with them.
You've
given up all the power to jackasses like Turner, the cable outfits and the
satellite scumbags. Americans have backed themselves into a corner. They all
want to drink from the hose but the water valve is now controlled by someone
else.

You ain't seen nuttin' yet...wait till the REAL digital "high def" bull****
TV begins their squeeze on what you can watch and what you can't.

I am seriously thinking of turning off the TV cable altogether. There
are only five or six things on that are worth watching *ever*, and
most of them are available elsewhere.
Old March 5th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It was 1:00 PM this afternoon when I headed out the door on my way to
the food store and those same tv channels were still unavailable.I don't
know what time they came back on the air, it was about 2:20 PM when I
got back home.I have some tv antennas, three or four of them are
amplified tv antennas.I can hook up one of them to this tv set I use
only for WebTV and pick up those local tv stations over the air.My other
tv set I use only for DirecTV sits next to the one I use only for WebTV.
cuhulin

Old March 5th 10, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Can't expect cable tv and satellite tv to be free, those companies have
bills to pay too, the employees, utilities, maintnance and upgrading
equipment and pay for new equipment, lots of things.Unless it is Free To
Air satellite tv.
cuhulin

Old March 6th 10, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Who cares if satellite companies and cable companies have bills to pay.
That's their problem.
It wouldn't be an issue of Americans were content to take the stuff free off
the air like we did
for years before we were hypnotized into thinking we had to pay for TV.

Old March 6th 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The only times I watch any of the local CBS/ABC/NBC channels are for
local and state news.I couldn't care less for the other programs on
those three channels.I pay a little over $72.00 each month to DirecTV.To
me, it is worth it for the tv programs I enjoy watching.
It is my money, I spend it in any way I see fit.
cuhulin

Old March 6th 10, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Those people in U.K.have to pay a few hundred dollars each year for a
license to watch their own tv sets.
cuhulin