Old April 13th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT, sort of)

A DirecTV service/repair guy showed up here about an hour ago to fix my
DirecTV.(My DirecTV has been ''out for lunch/AWOL'' since last Friday
morning around 7:30 AM) What it was, the cable connectors were
corroded.He used a special tool and he clipped off the corroded
connectors and he installed new connectors, in my carport and he went up
on my roof top and he installed new connectors up there too.He said the
new connectors are a better quality, he said sometimes they don't
tighten the connectors properly and moisture gets in there and corrodes
the connectors.How does that relate to Shortwave radio/antennas/cables?
You might want to check your connectors once in a while.
DATS DAT!
cuhulin

Old April 13th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 13, 1:40*pm, wrote:
A DirecTV service/repair guy showed up here about an hour ago to fix my
DirecTV.(My DirecTV has been ''out for lunch/AWOL'' since last Friday
morning around 7:30 AM) What it was, the cable connectors were
corroded.He used a special tool and he clipped off the corroded
connectors and he installed new connectors, in my carport and he went up
on my roof top and he installed new connectors up there too.He said the
new connectors are a better quality, he said sometimes they don't
tighten the connectors properly and moisture gets in there and corrodes
the connectors.How does that relate to Shortwave radio/antennas/cables?
You might want to check your connectors once in a while.
DATS DAT!
cuhulin

I know exactly what he did. You may want to go out there and put some
seal around the connectors.
Old April 13th 10, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 4/13/10 17:21 , Gregg wrote:
On Apr 13, 1:40 pm, wrote:
A DirecTV service/repair guy showed up here about an hour ago to fix my
DirecTV.(My DirecTV has been ''out for lunch/AWOL'' since last Friday
morning around 7:30 AM) What it was, the cable connectors were
corroded.He used a special tool and he clipped off the corroded
connectors and he installed new connectors, in my carport and he went up
on my roof top and he installed new connectors up there too.He said the
new connectors are a better quality, he said sometimes they don't
tighten the connectors properly and moisture gets in there and corrodes
the connectors.How does that relate to Shortwave radio/antennas/cables?
You might want to check your connectors once in a while.
DATS DAT!
cuhulin

I know exactly what he did. You may want to go out there and put some
seal around the connectors.

Likely, the connectors he installed are weathersealed. Most
installers are using weathertight connectors, now.

The issue is the cable, itself. If the connectors weren't weather
tight, there's moisture in the coax.

End of game.

Old April 14th 10, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There was no charge on that DirecTV repair.Last Friday morning when I
phoned DirecTV, that nice lady said because I am a loyal customer of
DirecTV, there will be no charge to me.

Next time though, I reckon there will be a charge.She gave me credit for
the days my DirecTV service wasen't working.I can sign up for about six
or seven something dollars per month for whatever repairs, if or
whenever needed, I don't think that is worth it to me though.

I am looking at my March 2010 snail mail DirecTV statement thingy now,
Total Choice Plus Monthly $61.49
Starzs Monthly $12.99
Showtime Loyalty Gift: 5 Months Free.
Sales Tax 5.21
$79.69

Yasss Suhhhh,,, Ahh izza ah loyalty customer uv DirecTV!
cuhulin

Old April 14th 10, 04:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.vicksburgpost.com
Archives News Struttin'

Look at that Turkey walking around in Hill City.
cuhulin

Old April 14th 10, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:
On Apr 13, 1:40 pm, wrote:
A DirecTV service/repair guy showed up here about an hour ago to fix my
DirecTV.(My DirecTV has been ''out for lunch/AWOL'' since last Friday
morning around 7:30 AM) What it was, the cable connectors were
corroded.He used a special tool and he clipped off the corroded
connectors and he installed new connectors, in my carport and he went up
on my roof top and he installed new connectors up there too.He said the
new connectors are a better quality, he said sometimes they don't
tighten the connectors properly and moisture gets in there and corrodes
the connectors.How does that relate to Shortwave radio/antennas/cables?
You might want to check your connectors once in a while.
DATS DAT!
cuhulin

I know exactly what he did. You may want to go out there and put some
seal around the connectors.

Yeah. He used Seal-Tite type F connectors. Not those barrel crimpers.
Old April 14th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.controlcable.com/custom.asp?c=36404493

The tool he used looked to me like a Paladin 1545 All-In-One Telco
Tool.The new connectors he installed (using that same tool to remove the
old connectors and install the new connectors) have a black insert
inside the barrel of them.I guess some sort of soft insert which makes
them weather tight.
I reckon y'all know more about that stuff than I do.
cuhulin

Sort of OT jim CB 3 June 10th 08 02:29 AM
(sort of OT) [email protected] Shortwave 0 March 15th 05 08:47 AM
Mic question (sort of) NN7Kex(NOSPAM)k7zfg Antenna 2 August 31st 04 04:14 PM
OT (sort of) GPS Active8 Homebrew 6 July 13th 03 10:49 AM
OT (sort of) GPS Active8 Homebrew 0 July 13th 03 02:30 AM