Old June 4th 10, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Fly - PNG - 5960

On Jun 4, 3:38*am, dxAce wrote:
Nice reception this morning of Radio Fly, 5960. Sports commentary underway at
1015, into a tune by Anne Murray at 1030.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Great! Sounds like an easy QSL if you can make out some audio. I may
need to do an all-nighter here, to find the best time combo. So far,
I have not heard more than a SSB whistle from this station; and we
usually get PNG pretty well.

Bruce
Old June 4th 10, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 07:04:24 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

On Jun 4, 3:38*am, dxAce wrote:
Nice reception this morning of Radio Fly, 5960. Sports commentary underway at
1015, into a tune by Anne Murray at 1030.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Great! Sounds like an easy QSL if you can make out some audio. I may
need to do an all-nighter here, to find the best time combo. So far,
I have not heard more than a SSB whistle from this station; and we
usually get PNG pretty well.

Bruce

Some info:

http://www.opensubscriber.com/messag.../13984842.html

Home of one of the biggest copper mines. Sounds like a good spot for
antennas.

Jim
Old June 5th 10, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 4, 3:38 am, dxAce wrote:
Nice reception this morning of Radio Fly, 5960. Sports commentary underway at
1015, into a tune by Anne Murray at 1030.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Great! Sounds like an easy QSL if you can make out some audio.

My first report went out on Tuesday for reception on 28 May.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 5th 10, 07:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 4, 5:55*pm, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:38 am, dxAce wrote:
Nice reception this morning of Radio Fly, 5960. Sports commentary underway at
1015, into a tune by Anne Murray at 1030.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Great! *Sounds like an easy QSL if you can make out some audio.

My first report went out on Tuesday for reception on 28 May.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Excellent - the reports I see make it sound like they're eager to get
mail.
Old June 6th 10, 10:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 4, 3:38 am, dxAce wrote:
Nice reception this morning of Radio Fly, 5960. Sports commentary underway at
1015, into a tune by Anne Murray at 1030.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Great! Sounds like an easy QSL if you can make out some audio. I may
need to do an all-nighter here, to find the best time combo. So far,
I have not heard more than a SSB whistle from this station; and we
usually get PNG pretty well.

You might want to try closer to your sunrise, and for maybe a half hour or so
beyond. No need to do an all-nighter.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 6th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 6, 2:45*am, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:38 am, dxAce wrote:
Nice reception this morning of Radio Fly, 5960. Sports commentary underway at
1015, into a tune by Anne Murray at 1030.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Great! *Sounds like an easy QSL if you can make out some audio. *I may
need to do an all-nighter here, to find the best time combo. *So far,
I have not heard more than a SSB whistle from this station; and we
usually get PNG pretty well.

You might want to try closer to your sunrise, and for maybe a half hour or so
beyond. No need to do an all-nighter.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

That might work, I'll give it a try a few AMs. - I was just wondering
if their sunset time (maybe 1030-ish just now) might be better than my
sunrise, or Vice-versa. Have to be later this week - got a couple of
heavy work days coming up.

Bruce
Old June 6th 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 6, 2:45 am, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:38 am, dxAce wrote:
Nice reception this morning of Radio Fly, 5960. Sports commentary underway at
1015, into a tune by Anne Murray at 1030.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Great! Sounds like an easy QSL if you can make out some audio. I may
need to do an all-nighter here, to find the best time combo. So far,
I have not heard more than a SSB whistle from this station; and we
usually get PNG pretty well.

You might want to try closer to your sunrise, and for maybe a half hour or so
beyond. No need to do an all-nighter.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

That might work, I'll give it a try a few AMs. - I was just wondering
if their sunset time (maybe 1030-ish just now)

Sunset in PNG is around 0800 or so at present.

Old June 6th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 6, 11:32*am, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 6, 2:45 am, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:38 am, dxAce wrote:
[...]

That early! Well, I guess they are closer to the equator. I found
that whether it was 0800 or 1000, it didn't make a lot of
difference...but I'll try your suggestion.

Do you have a weblink on which you can enter a specific Z time to see
where the grayline falls?

Thanks, Bruce
Old June 6th 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 6, 1:26*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:

Do you have a weblink on which you can enter a specific Z time to see
where the grayline falls?

http://www.short-wave.info/
Uncheck the [now] box and enter whatever time you wish.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

TNX - didn't think of that one :-)
Old June 7th 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:

Do you have a weblink on which you can enter a specific Z time to see
where the grayline falls?

http://www.short-wave.info/
Uncheck the [now] box and enter whatever time you wish.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

TNX - didn't think of that one :-)

Current local time in Port Moresby [PNG]http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=193
-note- PNG : UTC/GMT +10 Hours
-note- SFO [DST] : UTC/GMT -7 Hourshttp://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_PG.aspx
* PNG Sunrise: 06:18:25 [SFO 13:18 ~1PM]
* PNG Sunset: 18:03:08 [SFO 01:03 ~1AM]http://www.theworldtime.net/lae-papua-new-guinea-4697.html

Thanks!

His SR/SS times seem to be waaaaaaaaaaay off!

Radio Fly - 5960 dxAce Shortwave 1 May 28th 10 04:03 PM
China Urumqi (mainland) 5960 KHz SeeingEyeDog Shortwave 0 December 5th 05 01:34 AM
5960 China Dxluver Shortwave 8 March 7th 04 12:03 AM