Old June 15th 10, 10:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
RHF RHF is offline

Default OilGate: 0baMa0's Cover-up Is Worse Than The Slick

On Jun 14, 6:41*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 14, 4:52*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 13, 3:20*pm, Joe Cool wrote:

On Jun 13, 5:48*pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

Last week, Senator Bill Nelson, Democrat of Florida, tried to bring a
small group of journalists with him on a trip he was taking through
the gulf on a Coast Guard vessel. But at about 10 p.m. on the evening
before the trip, someone from the Department of Homeland Security’s
legislative affairs office called the senator’s office to tell them
that no journalists would be allowed.

“No further elaboration” was given...

“We were questioned extensively. Who was on the aircraft? Who did they
work for? The minute we mentioned media, the answer was: ‘Not
allowed.’”

From the start, the administration has seemed intent on allowing BP to
operate in near-total secrecy.

"near-total secrecy"?!?!?!?!? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Just what planet do *you live on????

I believe, as of this writing, nearly two months after the explosion,
Obama STILL hasn't meet with the President of BP.

- Nor has he any intention of doing it - there is not much use in it.
- The pres. of BP does not call the shots
- Hayward pretty much does all of it.

Clearly after 56 Days Prez Obama Ain't Calling
the Shots Either except to Lip Sync to the
Teleprompter and Pose for the TV Cameras
Old June 15th 10, 11:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 14, 7:43*am, dave wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
*wrote in message
Nobody likes the government until they need help

I do find it most interesting that the very same group of people blaming
Obama/feds for not doing anything about the worst natural disaster in recent
history (or at least one of..) also want the government to step out of the
way of the oil companies (and for that mattery ALL corporations) and let
them do whatever they want or need to do to supply gasoline (or whatever).

- I'm willing to pay $5 a gallon to discourage driving.
-*Businesses need an exemption though.

See there you go again Dave - Cutting a Deal for
Businesses while Jacking-Up the Taxes* of the
Average Hardworking US Citizens.
* Note the US Federal Government Pays No Taxes
on it's Gasoline/Fuel while We the People do . . .

=IF= $5 is the True Cost of a Gallon of Gasoline
then All Most Pay the True Cost
1 - Average Hardworking US Citizens
2 - Businesses, Charities and Foundations
3 - All Levels of Government C/S/F

~ RHF
Old June 15th 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Default OilGate: Reporters Covering Oil Spill Stymied

∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

And at a recent news conference, national incident commander Thad
Allen insisted that he's told BP to give journalists access to safe
and secure areas. In a piece for Mother Jones, reporter Mac McClelland
wrote that she was stymied at every turn by Jefferson Parish sheriff's
deputies brought it to supplement the local police. Deputies, she
reports, that were following the orders of BP.

[...]
http://www.npr.org/templates/transcr...ryId=127836130

You are a fascist. Why do you object to fascism?
Old June 15th 10, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Walter Harding wrote:

I believe, as of this writing, nearly two months after the explosion,
Obama STILL hasn't meet with the President of BP.

Herbert Herbert Bush still hasn't met with the President of Exxon. So what?
Old June 15th 10, 01:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OilGate: There will be no cleanup

wrote:
Jindal told BP,,, Either Sh!t or get off the pot!
cuhulin

There is not enough Brawny and Dawn on Earth to undo this.

Done in by our own freedom.

Old June 15th 10, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 14, 6:41*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 14, 4:52*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 13, 3:20*pm, Joe Cool wrote:

On Jun 13, 5:48*pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

Last week, Senator Bill Nelson, Democrat of Florida, tried to bring a
small group of journalists with him on a trip he was taking through
the gulf on a Coast Guard vessel. But at about 10 p.m. on the evening
before the trip, someone from the Department of Homeland Security’s
legislative affairs office called the senator’s office to tell them
that no journalists would be allowed.

“No further elaboration” was given...

“We were questioned extensively. Who was on the aircraft? Who did they
work for? The minute we mentioned media, the answer was: ‘Not
allowed.’”

From the start, the administration has seemed intent on allowing BP to
operate in near-total secrecy.

"near-total secrecy"?!?!?!?!? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Just what planet do *you live on????

I believe, as of this writing, nearly two months after the explosion,
Obama STILL hasn't meet with the President of BP.

Nor has he any intention of doing it -

Yes, he does. He's doing so this week.

there is not much use in it.

One can only marvel at how disconnected from reality the left has
become.

The pres. of BP does not call the shots - Hayward pretty much does all
of it.

Obama hasn't met with Tony Hayward, either.
Old June 15th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 15, 1:24*pm, Walter Harding wrote:
On Jun 14, 6:41*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 14, 4:52*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 13, 3:20*pm, Joe Cool wrote:

On Jun 13, 5:48*pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

Last week, Senator Bill Nelson, Democrat of Florida, tried to bring a
small group of journalists with him on a trip he was taking through
the gulf on a Coast Guard vessel. But at about 10 p.m. on the evening
before the trip, someone from the Department of Homeland Security’s
legislative affairs office called the senator’s office to tell them
that no journalists would be allowed.

“No further elaboration” was given...

“We were questioned extensively. Who was on the aircraft? Who did they
work for? The minute we mentioned media, the answer was: ‘Not
allowed.’”

From the start, the administration has seemed intent on allowing BP to
operate in near-total secrecy.

"near-total secrecy"?!?!?!?!? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Just what planet do *you live on????

I believe, as of this writing, nearly two months after the explosion,
Obama STILL hasn't meet with the President of BP.

Nor has he any intention of doing it -

Yes, he does. *He's doing so this week.

there is not much use in it.

One can only marvel at how disconnected from reality the left has
become.

The pres. of BP does not call the shots - Hayward pretty much does all
of it.

Obama hasn't met with Tony Hayward, either.- Hide quoted text -

And what would "Drill Here Drill Now Drill Baby Drill Keep on Drillin"
McCain/Palin have done?
Old June 15th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 15, 1:37*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 15, 1:24*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 14, 6:41*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 14, 4:52*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 13, 3:20*pm, Joe Cool wrote:

On Jun 13, 5:48*pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

Last week, Senator Bill Nelson, Democrat of Florida, tried to bring a
small group of journalists with him on a trip he was taking through
the gulf on a Coast Guard vessel. But at about 10 p.m. on the evening
before the trip, someone from the Department of Homeland Security’s
legislative affairs office called the senator’s office to tell them
that no journalists would be allowed.

“No further elaboration” was given...

“We were questioned extensively. Who was on the aircraft? Who did they
work for? The minute we mentioned media, the answer was: ‘Not
allowed.’”

From the start, the administration has seemed intent on allowing BP to
operate in near-total secrecy.

"near-total secrecy"?!?!?!?!? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Just what planet do *you live on????

I believe, as of this writing, nearly two months after the explosion,
Obama STILL hasn't meet with the President of BP.

Nor has he any intention of doing it -

Yes, he does. *He's doing so this week.

there is not much use in it.

One can only marvel at how disconnected from reality the left has
become.

The pres. of BP does not call the shots - Hayward pretty much does all
of it.

Obama hasn't met with Tony Hayward, either.- Hide quoted text -

And what would "Drill Here Drill Now Drill Baby Drill Keep on Drillin"
McCain/Palin have done?

First would be to allow drilling in shallow water and on land, where
it's far safer. We didn't see drilling accidents like this happen is
Alaska when Governor Palin was in charge.

Next, President Palin wouldn't have filled the Department of Interior
with incompetent, corrupt fools like Obama did. McCain/Palin would
have made damned certain that the MMS was staffed with people who knew
what the Hell they were doing, instead of the
politically connected, corrupt seat warmers we are currently saddled
with. McCain/Palin's people would have grilled BP endlessly, demanding
detailed instructions on the plans. McCain/Palin's people would know
the actual risks, and would never have used the Obama rubber stamp.
McCain/Palin's people would have also demanded to see a detailed
account of their plans if the oil leaked.

You know, their jobs.

The same job that was done under President Bush.

The same job that was done under President Clinton.

The same job that was done under President Bush.

The same job that was done under President Reagan.

The same job that was done under President Carter.

The same job that was done under President Ford.

The same job that was done under President Nixon.

We have to go all the way back to the Johnson administration to find a
disastrous drilling leak. Nothing a fraction as bad as this, of
course.

WHAT OBAMA DID: Nominate BP for a federal safety award.

2. Under McCain/Palin, Homeland Security would have been properly
equited to handle the clean up, and to take over the oil rig if
neccessary.
There would have been none of this "we don't have the tools." McCain/
Palin understands priorities.

WHAT DID OBAMA THINK WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO SPEND MONEY ON THAT TO STOP
AND CLEAN UP THE DRILLING ACCIDENT:

$50,000,000,000.00 of taxpayers money to pay off the Unions.

3. On the day the oil rig sprung, McCain would have been on the air
within minutes, and on AF1 within the hour to New Orleans where he
would have and a long, very loud one way discussion with BP
executives. If the execs were lucky. If not, they would have gotten
Mama Grizzly Palin.

WHAT OBAMA DID: Cracked wise at a Barbara Boxer fund raiser.

4. If McCain/Palin's Secretary of the Interior was stupid enough to
go on vacation on the same day as Obama's SOI was, he or she would
have been greeted at the Grand Cayon with a dozen members of the Navy
Seals who would have "escorted" him back to his job.

WHAT OBAMA'S SECRETARY OF THE INTERIOR DID: Sent back a 3D post card
to the President of the Grand Canyon, with the inscription; "Having a
wonderful time - glad your not here! XXXOOO Kenny"

5. Climbed onto the rig about six hours before it was, strictly
speaking, safe to do so. McCain then would have long discussion with
the head of the rig. Followed by a quick meeting with each worked,
where they would be asked if they were up to the job, and what they
needed to get the job done.

WHAT OBAMA DID: Quietly canceled the BP safety luncheon. Then golf.

6. McCain would have then returned to the oval office, where he would
have had the weak rig workers replaced, and given BP what it needed to
get the job done. Or else.

WHAT OBAMA DID: Sang "Hey Jude" with Paul McCartney,

7. McCain/Palin then would have gone on the air, to talk directly the
the American people. he would have called for a massive volunteer
effort
to help save our coasts. He would have gotten everything that floats
to use straw to clear as much oil as possible. There would be church
groups that would have filled bags with rocks and sacks, and private
citizens with trucks would have delivered them where needed. He would
have said something like "I'm not asking your to be a POW for your
country. I'm not asking you to die. I'm not even asking you bleed.
I'm asking you to sweat al little. To take an early vacation and work
for a week or so to help save America.

WHAT OBAMA DID - refuse help from England because they didn't fill out
the paperwork properly.

WHAT ELSE OBAMA DID - Refused help from 13 other countries who offered
to help.

Under McCain/Palin, the barriers would have been long completed, and
would be currently be strengthened to make them hurricane resistant.
Dissolvents would have been dropped by federal 130s, and much of the
oil would have been removed from the water.

McCain would have appealed to what's best in America. The nation
would have risen to the occasion.

WHAT OBAMA DID: Appeal to what's worst in America - finger poiting
and calls for borderline fascist demands. "We'll keep our boots on
BP's throat."

McCain would have lead.
Old June 16th 10, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 15, 3:53*pm, Walter Harding wrote:
On Jun 15, 1:37*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 15, 1:24*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 14, 6:41*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 14, 4:52*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 13, 3:20*pm, Joe Cool wrote:

On Jun 13, 5:48*pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

Last week, Senator Bill Nelson, Democrat of Florida, tried to bring a
small group of journalists with him on a trip he was taking through
the gulf on a Coast Guard vessel. But at about 10 p.m. on the evening
before the trip, someone from the Department of Homeland Security’s
legislative affairs office called the senator’s office to tell them
that no journalists would be allowed.

“No further elaboration” was given...

“We were questioned extensively. Who was on the aircraft? Who did they
work for? The minute we mentioned media, the answer was: ‘Not
allowed.’”

From the start, the administration has seemed intent on allowing BP to
[...]

This is all a CROCK of supposition and demagoguery. In order to do
what you suggest, McCain would had to have had different info that
Obama had - since BP effectively lied (and continues to lie) to
everyone about the severity of the leak and accident. Palin never had
a problem in Alaska because she QUIT after two grueling years as
Governor Barbie. She and that prick Young from Alaska don't even
believe that a problem exists, or else they don't care. Who appointed
the incompetent oil-industry people in charge at the DoI? Here's a
hint - it wasn't Obama and it wasn't Clinton.

Having said that, Obama has blown it with this effort. He should have
fired Bush's appointees instantly; he should have gotten a real
national interest person instead of that shill Sleazar, and he should
REALLY have his boot on BPs worthless ****ing throat until they choke
to death. He should start demanding a REAL 21st century energy policy
instead of the rickety obsolete 19th century **** we're stuck with,
and he should start dictating the terms by which we move forward
instead of watching the world pass us by.

Bruce Jensen
Old June 16th 10, 03:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Jun 15, 6:33*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 15, 3:53*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 15, 1:37*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 15, 1:24*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 14, 6:41*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 14, 4:52*pm, Walter Harding wrote:

On Jun 13, 3:20*pm, Joe Cool wrote:

On Jun 13, 5:48*pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

Last week, Senator Bill Nelson, Democrat of Florida, tried to bring a
small group of journalists with him on a trip he was taking through
the gulf on a Coast Guard vessel. But at about 10 p.m. on the evening
before the trip, someone from the Department of Homeland Security’s
legislative affairs office called the senator’s office to tell them
that no journalists would be allowed.

“No further elaboration” was given...

“We were questioned extensively. Who was on the aircraft? Who did they
work for? The minute we mentioned media, the answer was: ‘Not
allowed.’”

From the start, the administration has seemed intent on allowing BP to
[...]

Suppostion? Well, you asked what I thought McCain/Palin would do in
this situation. I made educated guesses based their past behavior.
Besides, yelling "this would never have happened if my guy had won" is
the consolation prize to the loser.

...and demagoguery.

Everything I wrote about Obama actually happened. If it's demagoguery
to list what Obama's actions.... perhaps you guys elected a
demagogue.

*In order to do
what you suggest, McCain would had to have had different info that
Obama had - since BP effectively lied (and continues to lie) to
everyone about the severity of the leak and accident.

Which is why it's essential to staff the MMS and the Department of the
Interior liberally with competent, intelligent people who've worked in
the oil field instead of socialist pol-sci political appointees, like
Obama did.

a problem in Alaska because she QUIT after two grueling years as
Governor Barbie. *

She walked away because little fascists like yourself bombarded her
with dozens of nuisance lawsuits which made it impossible for her to
govern. (These stunts cost her a half million dollars and she spend
three out of every four weeks in court.) Only one lawsuit even went
to trial, a case Palin won handily. Sarah's children were attacked
and ridiculed on national television, and Democratic state
representative Mike Kernell of Memphis sent his weasle son David
Kernell to break into Gov. Palin's e-mail account.

So, instead of letting herself be a target, she changed the rules.
Good for her. She's now a very powerful Republican, and will be
essential in winning back the House. And Sarah will remind the
Republicans of her first hand experience in just how dirty you
cocksuckers fight. There's a whole new game coming up, and you're not
going to like how the New GOP plays the game.

She and that prick Young from Alaska don't even
believe that a problem exists, or else they don't care.

There wasn't a problem when Bush or Palin were in charge.

*Who appointed
the incompetent oil-industry people in charge at the DoI? *

President Obama nominated Ken Salazar.

Here's a
hint - it wasn't Obama and it wasn't Clinton.

Yes it was. Obama nominated ken Salazar. Mr. Salazar never worked in
the Bush White House. Dirk Kempthorne and Gail Ann Norton were
Secretaries of the Interior under President Bush.

Having said that, Obama has blown it with this effort. *He should have
fired Bush's appointees instantly;

He did. Obama carried over very few Bush appointees.

.... he should have gotten a real
national interest person instead of that shill Sleazar,

Agreed....but Obama nominated the guy. Remember? Ken replaced Dirk
Kempthorne?

and he should
REALLY have his boot on BPs worthless ****ing throat until they choke
to death.

What he should have done was surround himself with competent workers.
What he should be doing now is cleaning up the Gulf. What he IS doing
now is looking around desperately to find someone to blame.

Hey, here's a fun fact - did you know that, according to the very
liberal PPP polling company, the people of Louisiana think that
Obama's handled the Gulf spill worse than Bush handled Katrina?

*He should start demanding a REAL 21st century energy policy
instead of the rickety obsolete 19th century **** we're stuck with,

Except that rickety, obsolete 19th centure **** we're stuck with has
the minor advantage of actually existing.

A year and a half ago, obama funded 1.2 trillion (including interest)
to a stimulus bill that was supposed to unleash a brave new world of
magic windmills.

Well, WHERE THE **** ARE THEY?

and he should start dictating the terms by which we move forward

Really? "Dictating", say you? DICTATING?" Dictating, such as
Dictator Adolph Hitler?

instead of watching the world pass us by.

Oh, yeah, because I forgot about Brazil's wind powered flying cars.