Old June 23rd 10, 09:33 PM
Junior Member

Default Sony ICF-SW7600gr Antenna Repair

The antenna on my ICF-SW7600gr broke off inside the case. The rear plastic holding the antenna in place weakened and snapped. I would like to replace the Antenna with a short wire and clip to attach to other antennas. Which solder point should I connect the lead wire to. There are three places where the old antenna plate made contact. One was near the AM bar antenna, and two were toward the side of the circuit board. Thank you for any assistance.
Old June 24th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

FireArcherIIc wrote:
The antenna on my ICF-SW7600gr broke off inside the case. The rear
plastic holding the antenna in place weakened and snapped. I would like
to replace the Antenna with a short wire and clip to attach to other
antennas. Which solder point should I connect the lead wire to. There
are three places where the old antenna plate made contact. One was near
the AM bar antenna, and two were toward the side of the circuit board.
Thank you for any assistance.

I have no familiarity with that receiver, but, just in case the
antenna plate was being used to connect those points together, you
might want to connect them together with wires at the same time you
attach the clip lead.

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old June 24th 10, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

FireArcherIIc schrieb:

The antenna on my ICF-SW7600gr broke off inside the case. The rear
plastic holding the antenna in place weakened and snapped. I would like
to replace the Antenna with a short wire and clip to attach to other
antennas. Which solder point should I connect the lead wire to. There
are three places where the old antenna plate made contact. One was near
the AM bar antenna, and two were toward the side of the circuit board.
Thank you for any assistance.

The antenna is connected to a copper pad in the upper right corner of
the PCB:

http://www.loaditup.de/509903.html

HTH

Reinhard