Old June 26th 10, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default R. AUSTRALIA on 15415 at 0515 UTC

On Jun 25, 8:49*am, dave wrote:
dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:32 pm, wrote:
AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

Pretty decent that time of night. What antenna do you use?

You used to be able to listen to them from around 2 in the morning
Central time until well after sunup. I think it was 100 KW to "the
Pacific". Killer signal.

9580 kHz, BTW

You can hear 15.415 with regularity (depending on your definition)
here in SW Ohio if you have a good antenna and good receiver. A tad
tougher but not what I would consider huge. But maybe that's because I
hear them all the time shrug and not putting down his catch either,
so don't go there.
Old June 26th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 25, 9:33*pm, Gregg wrote:

You can hear 15.415 with regularity (depending on your definition)
here in SW Ohio if you have a good antenna and good receiver. A tad
tougher but not what I would consider huge. But maybe that's because I
hear them all the time shrug and not putting down his catch either,
so don't go there.

[Rolling my eyes and laughing]
Old June 26th 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 25, 11:39*pm, Mike wrote:
On Jun 25, 11:26*pm, Gregg wrote:

On Jun 25, 10:59*pm, Mike wrote:

On Jun 25, 10:32*pm, Mike wrote:

On Jun 25, 9:33*pm, Gregg wrote:

You can hear 15.415 with regularity (depending on your definition)
here in SW Ohio if you have a good antenna and good receiver. A tad
tougher but not what I would consider huge. But maybe that's because I
hear them all the time shrug and not putting down his catch either,
so don't go there.

[Rolling my eyes and laughing]

Hey, Gregg, post some more logs, so we can be amazed at the
frequency calibration of your outstanding receiver and antenna.
You started this crap again....

What crap? I'm not allowed to state the truth? I didn't start
anything, I wasn't even talking to you or about you. I just mentioned
RA at that time and on the freq. - just because I didn't say "wow -
Mike great catch" etc. etc. you get all ****ed at me? Again, it shows
your nature and what you are going to bring back here whenever someone
either questions you or doesn't applaud you. Kind of like someone I
know in RK. You aren't going to change, that proved it right
there....like I needed proof anyway. Ha! sheesh- Hide quoted text -

And I'm willing to bet that your "easy" R. Australia catch is on
15515,
given your mis-qouted frequencies in the past. You took offense to me
*even posting in your thread, won't even post logs, and call RA's
Indonesian broadcast on 19 meters at 0500 UTC "easy". You are
a hopeless liar. Just tell folks what your receiver is. Bet you won't,
because you'd be laughed at....

Trolling is what you do best, Gregg.

Mike- Hide quoted text -

Whatever professor....lol. If it was a troll as you stated, which it
wasn't - it was just a response.....but you bit my top water bait like
a big ole' largemouth bass. I can imagine how hard you would have "hit
it" if I used my buzzbait. grin Damn Mike, it's just shortwave
radio. You "literally" made a point when you started back here (I
caught it you pot smoking liar) about mentioning my Long Isl. grab on
the BCB like it wasn't a big deal. It was to their radio station when
I spoke to them and it was when I got my goodies from them. It was to
me, I hadn't ever heard them before. shrugBut I HAVE heard RA on
that time and on that freq. - what else am I suppose to say?

See, that's why I don't do much of logs on here, people like you and
Eduardo when he was here. I used to all the time. I don't anymore just
because of stuff like this, like I said before, I don't have to post a
big string of logs to prove I listen to radio. I'll be listening to
even more radio and grabbing more stations when my Premium RX shows up
here, by the end of July. :-) smirk

So respond away because like a real adult, I'll let you have the last
word and your last insult, you just can't help it and I know your old
friend will pop on in (or your puppets) also...lol...all because you
got upset because I spoke the twuth (misspelling on purpose) and you
didn't like it. rolling my eyes Maybe you can go and post my name
all over the internet....lol...I knew you'd liven things up. I won't
respond, have at it and flame away because you just can't help it.
Ooomph - set the hook :-D
Old June 26th 10, 06:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 24, 11:27*am, Mike wrote:
On Jun 24, 10:31*am, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 23, 10:32*pm, Mike wrote:

AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

Pretty decent that time of night. *What antenna do you use?

I live in a community where external antennas are prohibited. But,
that
log used an external of 80' of wire hidden on the inside of the
wooden
privacy fence around my patio. I have several hidden externals that do
pretty well, particularly with the preamps on the R75. Right now, I'm
trying
to lay a 100' foot external around the foundation base of my home.

Mike Bryant

For a 'stealth' Fence Antenna use 300 Ohm
Twin-Lead as a long thin Loop Antenna.

Build a Nailing Tool to mount the Twin-Lead

Small piece of Wood that is 'notched' to Center
the Twin Lead in it; with a Groove to Locate and
Center the Nail between the Outer Wires of the
Twin-Lead.

"Jig" Nailing Tool for Twin-Lead
[End-View]
==== - Side 3/16" ~ 1/4"
== - - - Notch 3/32" ~ 1/8"
- - - Center Nail Groove

== - - - Notch
==== - Side
[Top View]
======================
======================
====================[ - Center Nail Groove
======================
======================
-note- Centering the Nail is important so that
you do not damage the Twin-Lead Wires; and
the 'Jig' also helps to keep the Head of the Nail
about an 1/8" away from the Wires. The Nails
mainly keep the Twin-Lead 'on' {Attached-to}
the Fence and the Twin-Lead taught between
the Nails. Place the Nails about every 6~/8
Feet and at corners and bends. Some may
prefer to use short thin Aluminum Nails over
Galvanized Steel Nails;
http://www.buy.com/prod/common-alumi...208051796.html
and others may choose to use Aluminum
Roofing Nails with Washers which are a
bit to big {thick} for my taste.
http://www.greatnorthernmfg.com/al_r...ithwashers.htm

Matching :
Use a TV 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm Matching Transformer
between the Twin-Lead and the RG-6 'Quad' Coax
Cable.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103912

Connect the Far-End Twin-Lead Wires together so
that the Twin Lead forms a very thin Loop Antenna
* Note - Some put a Open/Closed Switch here at
the Far-End to be able to switch between the long
thin Loop Antenna and/to parallel twin wires {Linear
Dipole}. While others put a Switch at the Mid-Point
of one of the Wires to be able to switch between the
long thin Loop Antenna and/to one long half-folded
back wire plus one short wire.

Mount the Twin-Lead toward the top of the Wooden
Fence; about 4~5 Feet above the ground.

This is a very 'quiet' Antenna; and you will swear that
there is nothing 'there'; until you tune-in a Station and
it seams to Pop-Up out of the nothingness.

iane ~ RHF
Old June 26th 10, 06:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 26/06/2010 2:23 PM, Gregg wrote:
On Jun 25, 11:39 pm, wrote:
On Jun 25, 11:26 pm, wrote:

On Jun 25, 10:59 pm, wrote:

On Jun 25, 10:32 pm, wrote:

On Jun 25, 9:33 pm, wrote:

[...]

Ah, so you ARE BAITING Mike! Well, that's been obvious from the start!
Buzzbait? Is Brian Anasta with his Buzz Aldrin Special one of your
sockpuppets?

radio. You "literally" made a point when you started back here (I
caught it you pot smoking liar) about mentioning my Long Isl. grab on
the BCB like it wasn't a big deal. It was to their radio station when
I spoke to them and it was when I got my goodies from them. It was to
me, I hadn't ever heard them before.shrugBut I HAVE heard RA on
that time and on that freq. - what else am I suppose to say?

See, that's why I don't do much of logs on here, people like you and
Eduardo when he was here. I used to all the time. I don't anymore just
because of stuff like this, like I said before, I don't have to post a
big string of logs to prove I listen to radio. I'll be listening to
even more radio and grabbing more stations when my Premium RX shows up
here, by the end of July. :-)smirk

Another Buzz Aldrin Special Gregg aka Brian Anasta??

So respond away because like a real adult, I'll let you have the last
word and your last insult, you just can't help it and I know your old
friend will pop on in (or your puppets) also...lol...all because you
got upset because I spoke the twuth (misspelling on purpose) and you
didn't like it.rolling my eyes Maybe you can go and post my name
all over the internet....lol...I knew you'd liven things up. I won't
respond, have at it and flame away because you just can't help it.
Ooomph - set the hook :-D

Yep, you sure are showing troll like behaviour for sure!

Krypsis

Old June 26th 10, 09:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mike "I'm a college professor with a PhD" Bryant wrote:

On Jun 25, 11:26 pm, Gregg wrote:
On Jun 25, 10:59 pm, Mike wrote:

On Jun 25, 10:32 pm, Mike wrote:

On Jun 25, 9:33 pm, Gregg wrote:

[...]

It is you who are hopeless, Bryant. After all it is you who once claimed to have a
PhD.

You didn't claim that just once, but many, many times until I picked up the phone
and called Wayne State.

You, Mr. Bryant, are nothing but a clown 'tard academic.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 26th 10, 11:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 26, 5:15*pm, Krypsis wrote:
Ah, so you ARE BAITING Mike! Well, that's been obvious from the start!
Buzzbait? Is Brian Anasta with his Buzz Aldrin Special one of your
sockpuppets?

******* ROTFLMAO.................... You really are clueless eh
Krypto???

Another Buzz Aldrin Special Gregg aka Brian Anasta??

******** Go lock yourself back up in the old timers home Krypto,
you're really showing you ignorance now.

*GRIN*

Yep, you sure are showing troll like behaviour for sure!

****** Coming from the biggest troll on the net this is quite a
statement.
Still you know best Krypto.

Krypsis- Retired old tart and tea lady.

********Can't argue with that.

*GRIN*
Old June 26th 10, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 26, 4:21*am, dxAce wrote:

You, Mr. Bryant, are nothing but a clown 'tard academic.

dxAce

Hey Steve, I just won an award for having the best lectures of
any "clown tard academic" in the state of KY! I think society
evaluates "clown tard academics" as being more important
than dumb clown DXers, like yourself.

Thanks for the useful SW info you occasionally pass along
almost always from other sources.

Mike
Old June 26th 10, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Galvanized Steel Nails;http://www.buy.com/prod/common-alumi...id/88467568/lo...
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion, Roy! I guess you have met this
week's quota for useful SW info! ;-)

Mike
Old June 26th 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 26, 4:21 am, dxAce wrote:

You, Mr. Bryant, are nothing but a clown 'tard academic.

dxAce

Hey Steve, I just won an award for having the best lectures of
any "clown tard academic" in the state of KY! I think society
evaluates "clown tard academics" as being more important
than dumb clown DXers, like yourself.

I somehow doubt that society would evaluate lying about having a PhD being a
good thing.

Well, maybe in the State of Kentucky.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Australia on 21,740 MHz Telamon Shortwave 6 August 15th 05 11:01 PM
R Australia, RNZ and N-S propagation - 29 May uncle arnie Shortwave 0 May 29th 05 10:01 PM
VG R.Australia 1200 UTC on 9.560 uncle arnie Shortwave 1 May 12th 05 04:40 AM
R. Australia 21.740 Maximus Shortwave 2 February 21st 04 11:31 PM
Australia Alun Policy 11 November 20th 03 08:05 PM