Old June 24th 10, 06:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default R. AUSTRALIA on 15415 at 0515 UTC

AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)
Old June 24th 10, 09:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 24/06/2010 3:32 PM, Mike wrote:
AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

I could get a strong 5 x 9 signal from that off the back of the array!
The transmitter is only 200 km from here but aimed in the opposite
direction. Might overload the front end of my radio though!

Krypsis
Old June 24th 10, 10:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 24, 8:26*pm, Krypsis wrote:

I could get a strong 5 x 9 signal from that off the back of the array!
The transmitter is only 200 km from here but aimed in the opposite
direction. Might overload the front end of my radio though!

Krypsis

*******ROTFLMAO................. Is that the radio that you carry on
the tea trolley old chap????

Old June 24th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 23, 10:32*pm, Mike wrote:
AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

Pretty decent that time of night. What antenna do you use?
Old June 24th 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 24, 10:31*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:32*pm, Mike wrote:

AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

Pretty decent that time of night. *What antenna do you use?

I live in a community where external antennas are prohibited. But,
that
log used an external of 80' of wire hidden on the inside of the
wooden
privacy fence around my patio. I have several hidden externals that do
pretty well, particularly with the preamps on the R75. Right now, I'm
trying
to lay a 100' foot external around the foundation base of my home.

Mike Bryant

Old June 24th 10, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 24, 4:26*am, Krypsis wrote:
On 24/06/2010 3:32 PM, Mike wrote:

AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

I could get a strong 5 x 9 signal from that off the back of the array!
The transmitter is only 200 km from here but aimed in the opposite
direction. Might overload the front end of my radio though!

Krypsis

Trust me, K, it's a little more difficult to hear in eastern North
America!

Mike
Louisville, KY
Old June 25th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 25, 8:49*am, dave wrote:
dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:32 pm, wrote:
AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

Pretty decent that time of night. What antenna do you use?

You used to be able to listen to them from around 2 in the morning
Central time until well after sunup. I think it was 100 KW to "the
Pacific". Killer signal.

9580 kHz, BTW

Dave,

9580 comes in like a local in the mornings. 9590 and 6020 are
also usually good. 9475 and 9560 usually fair. The morning
English broadcasts are pretty easy. R. Australia on any frequency
gets much more difficult between 1500 and 2300 UTC, but
lately 11660 and 13630 have been making it OK. Between 0100
and 0500, 15515 and 15240 are dependable. Later freqs
include 15160, 13690 and 12080 (Brandon). The broadcasts
in SE Asian langs are more difficult due to targeting. The
30 minute Indonesian broadcast on 15415 is particularly
difficult here in KY.

Mike

Old June 25th 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mike wrote:
On Jun 24, 10:31 am, wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:32 pm, wrote:

AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

Pretty decent that time of night. What antenna do you use?

I live in a community where external antennas are prohibited. But,
that
log used an external of 80' of wire hidden on the inside of the
wooden
privacy fence around my patio. I have several hidden externals that do
pretty well, particularly with the preamps on the R75. Right now, I'm
trying
to lay a 100' foot external around the foundation base of my home.

Mike Bryant

Do you have plastic gutters? You can lay a wire down inside plastic
gutters very neatly.
Old June 25th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:32 pm, wrote:
AUSTRALIA. 15415. RA, Shepparton, in Indonesian at 0515 UTC,
June 24. News until 0515, RA "Waltzing Matilda" bridge mx, into
vocal mx in Indonesian. Weak to fair. (Icom R75, Mike Bryant,
Louisville, KY)

Pretty decent that time of night. What antenna do you use?

You used to be able to listen to them from around 2 in the morning
Central time until well after sunup. I think it was 100 KW to "the
Pacific". Killer signal.

9580 kHz, BTW

Australia on 21,740 MHz Telamon Shortwave 6 August 15th 05 11:01 PM
R Australia, RNZ and N-S propagation - 29 May uncle arnie Shortwave 0 May 29th 05 10:01 PM
VG R.Australia 1200 UTC on 9.560 uncle arnie Shortwave 1 May 12th 05 04:40 AM
R. Australia 21.740 Maximus Shortwave 2 February 21st 04 11:31 PM
Australia Alun Policy 11 November 20th 03 08:05 PM