Old August 2nd 10, 09:48 PM
Junior Member

Default I need an NMO antenna installed on my truck

Have the antenna and coax just need someone who knows how to r&R the headliner and drill hole and mount antenna and route Coax. In the general Los Angeles area
Old August 3rd 10, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Robert Keeler wrote:

In the
general Los Angeles area

Robert-

I'd call Ham Radio Outlet (HRO) and ask for their advice. They might
even have a shop that does mobile radio installations.

Fred
Old August 3rd 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Toxic wrote:
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 20:48:55 +0000, Robert Keeler wrote:

Have the antenna and coax just need someone who knows how to r&R the
headliner and drill hole and mount antenna and route Coax. In the
general Los Angeles area

To get a proper weather tight NMO mount,
you're gonna need a Greenlee hole cutter.

Remove the dome light. Try to fish the RG174U co-ax through the same
place the dome light wire goes. There's usually some kind of channel.
Drill your hole straight up from the dome light.
Old August 3rd 10, 03:24 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Toxic wrote:
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 20:48:55 +0000, Robert Keeler wrote:

Have the antenna and coax just need someone who knows how to r&R the
headliner and drill hole and mount antenna and route Coax. In the
general Los Angeles area

To get a proper weather tight NMO mount,
you're gonna need a Greenlee hole cutter.

Remove the dome light. Try to fish the RG174U co-ax through the same
place the dome light wire goes. There's usually some kind of channel.
Drill your hole straight up from the dome light.
Yes I know about the "channel" but I don't own a greenly hole punch. just some hole saws and I am afraid they wont make a clean enough hole for a good seal.
Old August 3rd 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Robert Keeler wrote:

Yes I know about the "channel" but I don't own a greenly hole punch.
just some hole saws and I am afraid they wont make a clean enough hole
for a good seal.

I think you can rent these.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hydraul...kit-96718.html

Old August 3rd 10, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Robert Keeler wrote:
-
Have the antenna and coax just need someone who knows how to r&R the
headliner and drill hole and mount antenna and route Coax. In the
general Los Angeles area-

To get a proper weather tight NMO mount,
you're gonna need a Greenlee hole cutter.-

Remove the dome light. Try to fish the RG174U co-ax through the same
place the dome light wire goes. There's usually some kind of channel.
Drill your hole straight up from the dome light.

Yes I know about the "channel" but I don't own a greenly hole punch.
just some hole saws and I am afraid they wont make a clean enough hole
for a good seal.

A step drill works OK too.
Old August 3rd 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Why is it the stores around here don't have any 5/16'' diameter drill
bits eight inches long for sale, the kind for drilling holes in metal?
That SUCKS! I need me a drill bit like that.
cuhulin