Old September 17th 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Wouldn't it be nice?

On 9/17/2010 5:27 AM, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 9/17/2010 5:49 AM, John Smith wrote:

Well, I can only speak for myself, the wife, the family and friends ...
we enjoy the satirical comedy ... and how he [Limbaugh] acts like he
is actually
expected to be taken seriously.

Sadly, hundreds of thousands do take him seriously... :-(

I mean, [Limbaugh's] total lack of ethics, morals and truth in his
insane ramblings is very dark comedy!

YOU realize and appreciate that -- many others don't, but rather take it
as the gospel truth.

My wife believes as you do ... except for the very rich 1% I can't
imagine anyone wanting to follow this guy, lamebaugh. I mean, they are
just cutting their own throats ... like the idiots who wanted to do away
with the unions, then a few years later watched their own wages go in
the dirt ... I mean, by now, everyone must be aware of the cause and
effect! Some are slow to learn, but only morons never learn ...

Regards,
JS

Old September 17th 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:

He hardly disappeared from the air with G.W. Bush's election. In fact,
his number of affiliates grew during that period.

He vanished twice. The first time when he destroyed his hearing by
taking Vicodin by the fistful. The second time when he got caught
dealing drugs and had to go into rehab.
Old September 17th 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Like him or not, listen to him or not, agree with him or not, he is going to
be the voice of a major influence on the next US presidential election.
You can debate whether he creates the opinions or meerly reflects them,
but either way there is enough demand for his saying them to keep him on
the air.

Geoff.

The corporations keep him on the air because he serves their goals. Period.
Old September 17th 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Smith wrote:
On 9/17/2010 4:07 AM, RHF wrote:

ah . . . remember Rush is an 'Entertainer"
and people do like to be 'Entertained' and
for some/many Listening to the Radio is
simply . . . -you-got-it- Entertainment !
.

Well, I was waiting for someone to mention the best part. He makes over
$50,000,000 a year to do what he does. Someone pays a lot of money to
make people laugh. I wonder; Do those who pay him ever wonder about the
laughter ...

I can't remeber Rush Limbaugh ever being funny. Laughable sure. Funny?
Notso much.
Old September 17th 10, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Like him or not, listen to him or not, agree with him or not, he is going
to be the voice of a major influence on the next US presidential
election. You can debate whether he creates the opinions or meerly
reflects them, but either way there is enough demand for his saying them
to keep him on the air.

Geoff.

The corporations keep him on the air because he serves their goals.
Period.

Rush is and Entertainer! That is why he got the 400 million over ten years!
He brings in ratings and ad revenue. Rush uses the "in your face" routine
to expand his branding image. He doesn't expect anyone to believe
everything he says, just like Glenn Beck, "a fusion of enlightenment and
entertainment". Rush is a master of the genre.

Old September 17th 10, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/17/2010 4:26 PM, dave wrote:

You have to be a very mean person to enjoy the venom he spews. I
wouldn't want to socialize with people that consider his hate
"entertainment".

Radio should enlighten and uplift, not spread evil and darkness.

It really doesn't sound that much like it is all that well thought out
and orchestrated, his ranting and defective logic ... he sounds more
like a crack horror ranting in a back alley, than anything else.

However, I think he is only doing it for the money ... look what a
horror will do for a hit of crack and a $5.00 bill ... at $50,000,000,
just think of him as a VERY EXPENSIVE crack horror!

Regards,
JS

Old September 18th 10, 07:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 17, 5:49*am, John Smith wrote:
On 9/17/2010 1:59 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

wrote:
Guess I was not monitoring the right AM stations at the time. Why is
he so "popular" lately?

Because he says things that people want to hear. People like being talked to
on the radio, and there are enough people out there who agree with what he says
to make it worthwhile for advertisers to support him.

The last US presidential election was a great dissapointment for many people,
and he is a voice for the more moderate ones. John McCain lost the popular
vote by a small percentage (it was still a clear loss) because enough voters
felt he was too liberal and did not vote in protest.

They want a voice, they want a candidate and they like what Limbaugh
has to say. There was even talk of him running for president on the 2008
Republican ticket, and I think he would of done better than McCain.

Like him or not, listen to him or not, agree with him or not, he is going to
be the voice of a major influence on the next US presidential election.
You can debate whether he creates the opinions or meerly reflects them,
but either way there is enough demand for his saying them to keep him on
the air.

Geoff.

Well, I can only speak for myself, the wife, the family and friends ...
we enjoy the satirical comedy ... and how he acts like he is actually
expected to be taken seriously. *It is kinda reminiscent of the old Don
Rickles routines, the roasts and such ... and, it is obvious there are
those who take him seriously ... but I don't think most can miss the
political comedy this man represents ... a true sign of our times.

What is a real hoot is to watch him repeat himself thousands of times
over days or even weeks, finally have what he has been saying dismissed
as absolutely ridiculous, then watch him switch over to the other side,
acting as if he has been there all the time. *I mean, the total lack of
ethics, morals and truth in his insane ramblings is very dark comedy!
The man is an artist at it.

Regards,
JS- Hide quoted text -

Very average lunatic. We have thousands like him roaming the streets
of Manhattan. Some of them are much better educated. Really.
Old September 18th 10, 07:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 17, 1:41*pm, sctvguy1 wrote:
dave wrote:
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Like him or not, listen to him or not, agree with him or not, he is going
to be the voice of a major influence on the next US presidential
election. You can debate whether he creates the opinions or meerly
reflects them, but either way there is enough demand for his saying them
to keep him on the air.

Geoff.

The corporations keep him on the air because he serves their goals.
Period.

Rush is and Entertainer! *That is why he got the 400 million over ten years! *
He brings in ratings and ad revenue. *Rush uses the "in your face" routine
to expand his branding image. *He doesn't expect anyone to believe
everything he says, just like Glenn Beck, "a fusion of enlightenment and
entertainment". *Rush is a master of the genre.

Rather a super-master of idiocy genre .
Old September 18th 10, 07:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 17, 7:26*pm, dave wrote:
sctvguy1 wrote:
dave wrote:

The corporations keep him on the air because he serves their goals.
Period.

Rush is and Entertainer! *That is why he got the 400 million over ten years!
He brings in ratings and ad revenue. *Rush uses the "in your face" routine
to expand his branding image. *He doesn't expect anyone to believe
everything he says, just like Glenn Beck, "a fusion of enlightenment and
entertainment". *Rush is a master of the genre.

You have to be a very mean person to enjoy the venom he spews. *I
wouldn't want to socialize with people that consider his hate
"entertainment".

Radio should enlighten and uplift, not spread evil and darkness.

And one-sided debilism, called hate speech.

Looking for a nice SX-28A Joe Watson[_2_] Boatanchors 0 August 21st 09 05:34 AM
Want nice HG-10B [email protected] Swap 0 January 17th 09 07:36 PM
Nice & quite Landshark CB 17 October 30th 07 11:24 PM
nice day b.b. Policy 0 August 8th 05 03:34 AM
An invitation to play nice [was: nice amateur software!] Drink Dx 1 August 31st 03 02:55 PM