Old September 17th 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Wouldn't it be nice?

On 9/16/2010 7:45 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

Rush "Pegleg" Limbaugh.

Rush Lamebaugh is a joke ... the way he speaks/thinks of himself and the
way the idiots treat him, you would think he was the ultimate subliminal
disinformation king ... I know a bunch of people absolutely hate him and
won't stay in a room with him on the radio ... but, he keeps the wife
and I in stitches ... and, you when realize there are people who
actually believe the standard government-military-corporate-line he sits
are repeats, constantly, for the hypnotized morons ... I mean, it is a
riot! ROFLOL It is sad that there are so many weak minded individuals
as to support him though ... and you have to pity them ...

Regards,
JS
Old September 17th 10, 06:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 16, 11:09*pm, John Smith wrote:
On 9/16/2010 7:45 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

* ...

Rush "Pegleg" Limbaugh.

Rush Lamebaugh is a joke ... the way he speaks/thinks of himself and the
way the idiots treat him, you would think he was the ultimate subliminal
disinformation king ... I know a bunch of people absolutely hate him and
won't stay in a room with him on the radio ... but, he keeps the wife
and I in stitches ... and, you when realize there are people who
actually believe the standard government-military-corporate-line he sits
are repeats, constantly, for the hypnotized morons ... I mean, it is a
riot! *ROFLOL *It is sad that there are so many weak minded individuals
as to support him though ... and you have to pity them ...

Regards,
JS

Unfortunately,he has been around for a while. Disappered from the air
when Bush Jr. was elected. Frankly,I thought he movedto a monastery to
repent for his sins... But, no ,he is much younger than I figured he
was- and he is actually much more arrogant. Must be gaining in
whatever 'movement' he belongs to.May be the mental institution he was
confined to closed down due to lack of funding ? May be this is why he
opposed the universal healthcare so adamantly?
Old September 17th 10, 06:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/17/10 24:29 , wrote:
On Sep 16, 11:09 pm, John wrote:
[...]

He hardly disappeared from the air with G.W. Bush's election. In
fact, his number of affiliates grew during that period.

Old September 17th 10, 08:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 17, 1:45*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 9/17/10 24:29 , wrote:

On Sep 16, 11:09 pm, John *wrote:
On 9/16/2010 7:45 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

* *...

[...]

fact, his number of affiliates grew during that period.- Hide quoted text -

Guess I was not monitoring the right AM stations at the time. Why is
he so "popular" lately?
Old September 17th 10, 09:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On 9/17/10 24:29 , wrote:

On Sep 16, 11:09 pm, John *wrote:
[...]

You mean since 20 January 2009 . . .

Old September 17th 10, 09:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Guess I was not monitoring the right AM stations at the time. Why is
he so "popular" lately?

Because he says things that people want to hear. People like being talked to
on the radio, and there are enough people out there who agree with what he says
to make it worthwhile for advertisers to support him.

The last US presidential election was a great dissapointment for many people,
and he is a voice for the more moderate ones. John McCain lost the popular
vote by a small percentage (it was still a clear loss) because enough voters
felt he was too liberal and did not vote in protest.

They want a voice, they want a candidate and they like what Limbaugh
has to say. There was even talk of him running for president on the 2008
Republican ticket, and I think he would of done better than McCain.

Like him or not, listen to him or not, agree with him or not, he is going to
be the voice of a major influence on the next US presidential election.
You can debate whether he creates the opinions or meerly reflects them,
but either way there is enough demand for his saying them to keep him on
the air.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order

Old September 17th 10, 10:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 17, 1:59*am, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:
- - wrote:
- - Guess I was not monitoring the right AM
- - stations at the time.
- - Why is he so "popular" lately?

- Because he says things that people want
- to hear.

Hey - He Is Crazy Like Me ! )
{Hey - Maybe I Am Not So Crazy?}

Hey What He Is Saying Is R-I-G-H-T !
{I Am Not Along}

Dang I Am Right Too !
{Listening Is Self-Affirmation}

* The Archie Bunker Syndrome :
Just Thinking & Acting & Being "Myself"
-so-there-PTHaaaaaaaaaa
-and-there-again-PTHaaaaaaaaaaa

- People like being talked to on the radio,

Yeah Some People Hear Voices In Their Heads
Many More People Hear Voices On The Radio )

And Some Talk Back To/At The Radio
-cause- The Radio is their Friend
and the Voice Coming Out of the
Radio is the Voice of Their Friend.
-t- We Hang Around With People We Like
{ People Just Like Me [US] }

- and there are enough people out there
- who agree with what he says

Cause They Want To Say It Too {Scream It}
Listening to 'Rush' Reinforces Their 'Feelings'
That They Are OK ) {Normal}
-t- 'Rush' Is Right : I Am Right Too [A-OK]

- to make it worthwhile for advertisers to support him.

Yes 'Rush' Makes Money : Everybody Makes Money
-and- The 'Rush' Listeners Are Happy {Rush-A-Mania}

Replace 'Rush' with any popular Radio Voice
{Host} and you have the same interpersonal
and social dynamics working for them -and-
YOU THE RADIO LISTENER. ~ RHF
Old September 17th 10, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 17, 2:49*am, John Smith wrote:
On 9/17/2010 1:59 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Well, I can only speak for myself, the wife, the family and friends ...
we enjoy the satirical comedy ... and how he acts like he is actually
expected to be taken seriously. *It is kinda reminiscent of the old Don
Rickles routines, the roasts and such ... and, it is obvious there are
those who take him seriously ... but I don't think most can miss the
political comedy this man represents ... a true sign of our times.

What is a real hoot is to watch him repeat himself thousands of times
over days or even weeks, finally have what he has been saying dismissed
as absolutely ridiculous, then watch him switch over to the other side,
acting as if he has been there all the time. *I mean, the total lack of
ethics, morals and truth in his insane ramblings is very dark comedy!
The man is an artist at it.

Regards,
JS

ah . . . remember Rush is an 'Entertainer"
and people do like to be 'Entertained' and
for some/many Listening to the Radio is
simply . . . -you-got-it- Entertainment !
Old September 17th 10, 12:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/17/2010 4:07 AM, RHF wrote:

ah . . . remember Rush is an 'Entertainer"
and people do like to be 'Entertained' and
for some/many Listening to the Radio is
simply . . . -you-got-it- Entertainment !
.

Well, I was waiting for someone to mention the best part. He makes over
$50,000,000 a year to do what he does. Someone pays a lot of money to
make people laugh. I wonder; Do those who pay him ever wonder about
the laughter ...

Regards,
JS

Looking for a nice SX-28A Joe Watson[_2_] Boatanchors 0 August 21st 09 05:34 AM
Want nice HG-10B [email protected] Swap 0 January 17th 09 07:36 PM
Nice & quite Landshark CB 17 October 30th 07 11:24 PM
nice day b.b. Policy 0 August 8th 05 03:34 AM
An invitation to play nice [was: nice amateur software!] Drink Dx 1 August 31st 03 02:55 PM