Old September 26th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Best SW left ...

Shortwave

M-F 11:00am - 1:00pm on 12.160MHz
M-F 9:00pm - 12:00am on 4.840MHz
Tuesday-Saturday 12:00am - 3:00am on 3.215MHz
All central times

PST = -2 hr
EST = +1 hr

Regards,
JS
Old September 27th 10, 08:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

John Smith wrote:
On 9/26/2010 2:22 PM, dxAce wrote:

Cuban numbers stations?

Gospel huxters?

Alex Jones, there is a war on for your mind.

Regards,
JS

I get him on my $75 internet radio.

This is RADIO Dave. Don't let the door hit ya in your drug addled ass on the
way out.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 27th 10, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Smith wrote:
On 9/26/2010 6:55 PM, dave wrote:

I get him on my $75 internet radio.

Yeah, still, a kick to get him on SW. His shows can be listened to at
any time on www.infowars.com or prisonplanet.com

I think windows media player can grab him ... but, I use vlc player.

Regards,
JS

Myine IRA
Old September 27th 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

John Smith wrote:
On 9/26/2010 2:22 PM, dxAce wrote:

Cuban numbers stations?

Gospel huxters?

Alex Jones, there is a war on for your mind.

Regards,
JS

I get him on my $75 internet radio.

This is RADIO Dave. Don't let the door hit ya in your drug addled ass on the
way out.

It uses WiFi to connect to the router. The sixties are over Steve.
There's no sport in hearing a 100KW station a few hundred miles away.
HFBC is obsolete. Who do you think still listens to that?

When the BBC became available on XM I stopped listening to HFBC
completely, but I still enjoyed the Coast Guard. Now they are pretty
much on Iridium and other sky based venues so I am left with digital
modes on the amateur bands. I just covered the eastern part of North
America with a readable 30 Watt signal. Probably caught a few ships at
sea, too, but they don't report to the auto-spotter database.

But it's OK, I was listening to my $75 web radio and my BCT-8 while I
was doing it.

Old September 27th 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

John Smith wrote:
[...]

Hey Dave,
Can you give me a little tutorial about web radio? Say I wanted to listen
at night
while in bed, the computer is in the other room, do I need to do anything to
the
computer before I go to bed? Do I setup the radio for specific URLs , then
I can just
change channels on the radio. I have looked for an online tutorial but
haven't found one.
Thanks MikeK

Old September 27th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

The standalone tune doesn't waste electricity, as well. I use a Whole
House Gold FM transmitter to send the signal around the ranch. I think
the C. Crane is the best around these days. I also have hard line to my
home entertainment system. I use an ASUS EeePC netbook as a stream tuner
too, using Winamp or iTunes.

I have the CCrane Wireless Internet Radio by the bed for listening to talk
shows from the NE states. I still use my old boatanchors for "messing"
around twirling tuning knobs.
Old September 27th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

amdx wrote:
wrote in message

Hey Dave,
Can you give me a little tutorial about web radio? Say I wanted to listen
at night
while in bed, the computer is in the other room, do I need to do anything to
the
computer before I go to bed? Do I setup the radio for specific URLs , then
I can just
change channels on the radio. I have looked for an online tutorial but
haven't found one.
Thanks MikeK

Sure thing. This is how I got started:

http://www.shoutcast.com/

http://dir.xiph.org/index.php

There's also a web stream tuner in iTunes that contains CBS stations
like KROQ and KCBS

Plus, there are more and more dedicated tuners like the Myine IRA.

http://myine.com/ira/

It searches a central database for tens of thousands of stations and
podcasts. It gets the World Service, but it also gets all the little
tiny BBC regional outlets where they speak Welsh and stuff.
Amazon sells them for $75 occasionally, $150 is too much, IMHO.

Old September 27th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default It's Time For "Info Wars" with Alex Jones -via- WWCR on 12,160 kHz @

On Sep 26, 4:01*pm, RHF wrote:
- - On Sep 26, 2:16 pm, John Smith wrote:
- - Shortwave

- WWCR Shortwave "World Wide Christian Radio"http://www.wwcr.com/
- -aka- World Wide Country {Music} Radiohttp://www.wwcr.com/
- -from- Nashville, Tennessee, USAhttp://www.wwcr.com/
- Featuring Over 400 Religious and American Talk
- Radio Programs direct from Nashville, Tennessee,
- USA, to a Global World Wide Audience via the
- Shortwave Radio Bands; plus a "Listen-Live"
- Option too.
-
- WWCR Program Guide
- http://www.wwcr.com/program-guides/W...gram_Guide.pdf
-
- WWCR Programming Links
- http://www.wwcr.com/pgm-links.html
-
- Listen To WWCR[Listen Live] On-line !
- http://www.wwcr.com/listen.html
-
- - M-F 11:00am - 1:00pm on 12.160MHz
- * program "Info Wars" -hosted-by- Alex Jones
- http://www.infowars.com/

It's Time For "Info Wars" with Alex Jones
-via- WWCR on 12,160 kHz @ 16:00 UTC

Alex is talking about a Virus Attack on Iran's
Government Computers

Iran Fights "Virus" Attacking Computers
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/26/wo...st/26iran.html

S-Meter : S9+ & SIO 544

~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA
GS800-M Radio
Old September 27th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
amdx wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

So the web radio picks up a wifi signal from my wireless router,
the web radio can then be programed to play audio for the station you pick?
Do you just turn a knob or push a button to cycle through station names to
pick the audio you want to play?
Thanks, MikeK