Old October 31st 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Quick note on V. Vietnam

Just got a letter from VoV today, hoping it was a QSL for a report
that they had even read over the air last spring. No QSL, just a
program schedule. Maybe they forgot? Maybe they don't QSL? Who
knows - how hard can it be to say, "Yepp, you heard us!"?

Oh, well...
Old October 31st 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 10/30/2010 9:44 PM, bpnjensen wrote:
Just got a letter from VoV today, hoping it was a QSL for a report
that they had even read over the air last spring. No QSL, just a
program schedule. Maybe they forgot? Maybe they don't QSL? Who
knows - how hard can it be to say, "Yepp, you heard us!"?

Oh, well...

Transmitter site? Son Tay? Skelton (UK?) CA? Etc.?

http://www.asiawaves.net/vietnam-rad...tnam-shortwave

Regards,
JS

Old October 31st 10, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
Just got a letter from VoV today, hoping it was a QSL for a report
that they had even read over the air last spring. No QSL, just a
program schedule. Maybe they forgot? Maybe they don't QSL? Who
knows - how hard can it be to say, "Yepp, you heard us!"?

Oh, well...

Did you send a pre-written confirmation postcard and a couple green
stamps? Even if they don't sign it maybe you'll get it back with a post
mark.

I believe you.
Old October 31st 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

At Tan Son Nhut, every day after work when I was taking a shower in the
latrine, always there were Vietnamese gals who worked in our
Company.They would use our latrine.I always liked to shower under one of
those water pipes that didn't have a shower head on it.I would reach up
and try to wet those gals, but the stream of water would always fall
about eight feet short of where the latrine toilet doors were.They knew
they wouldn't get wet.
cuhulin

Old October 31st 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
Just got a letter from VoV today, hoping it was a QSL for a report
that they had even read over the air last spring. No QSL, just a
program schedule. Maybe they forgot? Maybe they don't QSL? Who
knows - how hard can it be to say, "Yepp, you heard us!"?

Oh, well...

I hear Vietnamese on 6175khz at around 8:00pm cst. (could be 7PM or 9PM)
Where is this coming from?
Thanks, MikeK

Old October 31st 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I get an email once or twice each year from a Vietnamese guy in Vietnam.

Some of those guys at Scott Air Force Base,Illinois (in 1963) used to
pick up my little 1957 BMW Isetta car and hide it behind those evergreen
bushes at Scott AFB.

Where, oh where, is my little car hiding this time?
cuhulin

Old October 31st 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 31, 6:10*am, John Smith wrote:
On 10/30/2010 9:44 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

Just got a letter from VoV today, hoping it was a QSL for a report
that they had even read over the air last spring. *No QSL, just a
program schedule. *Maybe they forgot? *Maybe they don't QSL? *Who
knows - how hard can it be to say, "Yepp, you heard us!"?

Oh, well...

Transmitter site? *Son Tay? *Skelton (UK?) *CA? *Etc.?

http://www.asiawaves.net/vietnam-rad...tnam-shortwave

Regards,
JS

It was from VietNam - one of the early AM west coast transmissions. I
know they send QSLs - others have gotten them recently, having sent
along nothing else at all. I sent a cute card with $3.
Old October 31st 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 31, 6:23*am, dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
Just got a letter from VoV today, hoping it was a QSL for a report
that they had even read over the air last spring. *No QSL, just a
program schedule. *Maybe they forgot? *Maybe they don't QSL? *Who
knows - how hard can it be to say, "Yepp, you heard us!"?

Oh, well...

Did you send a pre-written confirmation postcard and a couple green
stamps? Even if they don't sign it maybe you'll get it back with a post
mark.

I believe you.

Yeah, I always send some goodies - preprinted cards, a couple of
bucks, etc. - unless its to RN, VOA, VoR or similar. Even VOA doesn't
respond, so what the hell...

V. of Vietnam John Poet Shortwave 4 April 15th 08 06:06 AM
BBC-Vietnam dxAce Shortwave 14 August 14th 06 07:14 PM
Voice of Vietnam-A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 19th 04 05:42 PM
Fwd: V of Vietnam A04 WA4009SWL Shortwave 0 March 17th 04 08:58 PM
5.975 BBC & Vietnam Diverd4777 Shortwave 1 December 18th 03 11:24 AM