Old November 3rd 10, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Just for the hell of it

I put my Drake in my Library beside my great chair, Got to tap into the
antenna system today and I can DX from there.

Still have the Sat 800 in my office.

Old November 3rd 10, 11:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Nov 2, 6:34*pm, "Just Plan Burr" wrote:
I put my Drake in my Library beside my great chair, Got to tap into the
antenna system today and I can DX from there.

Still have the Sat 800 in my office.

RF Systems SP-1 Splitter/Combiner
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...s/1420spec.jpg

Apex SPL-2 Splitter/Combiner
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...amps/5043.html

MC-5030 Model {Bob's America}
http://www.bobsamerica.com/multicoupler.html

SWL "HF" Receive Antenna Splitter
http://www.qrp.pops.net/swl-ant-split.asp

If you SWL Antenna is over 50 Foot long and 100
Feet would be better. You could build your Two
Step 'Passive' Antenna Splitter

1ST - A 1:1:1 Splitter out-side the House or at
the entry to the House : Three Colored Bundled
Wires {all the same length and number of turns}
Wrapped around and through a Ferrite Toroidal
Core [Donut] for an Isolation "Splitter" going
to the two Radios. One-Coax Connector "In" for
Antenna & Ground -and- Two-Coax Connectors "Out"
going to the Radios.

2ND - Run the Coax to your Radios and use a 9:1
Matching Transformer between each of the Radios
and the Coax Cable feeds.

-or- You can also make your own 9:1 Matching
Transformers by using a Two Colored Wires Wrapped
around and through a Ferrite Toroidal Core [Donut]
with One Wire having 30 Turns and the other Wire
having 10 Turns.

DIY should cost you less than $25/$50 ?

burr - hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
Old November 3rd 10, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Old November 3rd 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 11/2/10 20:34 , Just Plan Burr wrote:
I put my Drake in my Library beside my great chair, Got to tap into the
antenna system today and I can DX from there.

Still have the Sat 800 in my office.

Which Drake are you running, Burr?

SW8, works fine for me.

Old November 3rd 10, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/3/10 18:20 , Just Plan Burr wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 11/2/10 20:34 , Just Plan Burr wrote:
I put my Drake in my Library beside my great chair, Got to tap into the
antenna system today and I can DX from there.

Still have the Sat 800 in my office.

Which Drake are you running, Burr?

SW8, works fine for me.

Nice choice. I have one, myself.

Old November 3rd 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter wrote in message
On 11/2/10 20:34 , Just Plan Burr wrote:
I put my Drake in my Library beside my great chair, Got to tap into the
antenna system today and I can DX from there.

Still have the Sat 800 in my office.

Which Drake are you running, Burr?

SW8, works fine for me.

Nice choice. I have one, myself.

By putting it by my great chair I will use it more. I use the frist 10
preset for local stuff and a few SW stations in the next few.

It's very hard to use presets for SW because of the times sets. It's easyer
to just dial'em.

Old November 4th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter wrote in message
On 11/2/10 20:34 , Just Plan Burr wrote:
I put my Drake in my Library beside my great chair, Got to tap into the
antenna system today and I can DX from there.

Still have the Sat 800 in my office.

Which Drake are you running, Burr?

SW8, works fine for me.

Nice choice. I have one, myself.

By putting it by my great chair I will use it more. I use the frist 10
preset for local stuff and a few SW stations in the next few.

It's very hard to use presets for SW because of the times sets. It's easyer
to just dial'em.

Yeah. I've got more presents on my AORs and Ten-Tec than I will ever
use for that reason.

Then, again, discovery half the fun.

GONE TO HELL Dennis@Lassetter. com CB 11 August 31st 09 12:33 AM
What in the Hell download.com Shortwave 8 April 13th 07 01:24 PM
i tell em no hell no Oris Policy 0 March 19th 07 04:09 PM
i tell em no hell no an old fiend[_2_] Policy 0 March 18th 07 03:00 PM
PRO-96 - Hell yeah or hell no? midol Scanner 0 October 31st 04 04:21 PM