Old December 14th 10, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HOW TO IMPROVE the AGC ... FOR NRD-535

I know someone in this group has the correct procedure? The following were
found at various places on the web including the Yahoo groups. I do have
the SM.

1. Modification is very simple. You must work on the "CAE-227A IF AMP UNIT"
circuit board, connecting an 840k resistor

between the positive side of capacitor C104 and the negative side of
capacitor C105.

2. I just purchased the AGC mod kit from Kiwa. All it consists of is a
small 1/8 watt 910K ohm resistor. You need to

locate R105 and R106 on the audio board. You then solder the 910k
resistor in parallel across R105 and R106.

3. I also changed the AVC by shorting out one section of R105 so the
total resistance was 500 K. R103 and R104 was

changed to 100K. After that the AVC was functioning very well in both
FAST and SLOW.

4. (SIMILAR TO 3 BUT DIFFERENT) NRD-535 receiver. modifications for the AGC
circuit
The mod is simple: shortcircuit R105 or R106 (1 M) and replace R104
(original 1 k) to 100 k.

5. (NRD-525) The AGC is modified, R105 is shorted out - giving 1 Mohm from
the remaining R106.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5700 (20101213) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old December 14th 10, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Warner wrote:
[...]

I suggest a nice Hako 938 controlled temperature soldering station.
Old December 14th 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Finebut for which procedure? As you can see they are all different. We do
want the proper one.
"dave" wrote in message
. ..

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5702 (20101214) __________