Old January 22nd 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Are There Korean Number Stations ?

Yes, there are Korean numbers stations.

North Korea stopped numbers transmissions on SW around 2000, however they
continue limited activity on MW and VHF.

South Korea has been continuously active with numbers on SW since at least
as far back as the mid 1970's. Currently V24 and M94 are the only two SK
stations I am aware of, and likely the only ones that keep a regular
schedule if there are others.

V24 and M94 both underwent a large shift in habits at the first of this
year, as they also did the first of last year. As of yet the new schedule
has not been determined, but is in process.

The numbers station page you pointed to in another post (
http://token_radio.home.mchsi.com/nu...tation_v24.htm ) contained a
schedule that was accurate at the end of the year, but is only about 50%
right now. V24 activated at least three frequencies that had not been in
use for a year.

The 4900 kHz freq you quoted is indeed currently used by V24, however the
time slot you mentioned has never been noted in over 30 years. V24 and M94
have only been seen between 1200 and 1700 UTC. This makes me doubt that
what you heard was actually V24.

Although CA has been the most successful place to report V24 and M94 (
http://www.spynumbers.com/numbersDB/dbSearchEntry.php3 and use the search
feature, set dates from 1982 to current, put V24 in the ENIGMA block, you
will find most reports are from CA) it is very unlikely that you would have
propagation from Korea to you on that freq at 0920 UTC. Could you have
gotten the time UTC wrong?

C!

"RHF" wrote in message
Are There Korean Number Stations ?

Hearing what sounds like Korean on 4900 kHz
at 0920 UTC with what sound like 3~5 Sets of
?numbers? in Korean in the AM Mode.

? North Korean [DPRK] ?
-or- South Korea ?

Female Voice with Three to Five Korean Words
in a mono-tone with a pause...
followed by Three to Five Korean Words in a
mono-tone with a pause...
followed by Three to Five Korean Words in a
mono-tone with a pause...
etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Continuing for many minutes 15+ while I was
listening.

so... are there korean 'number stations' - iwtk ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA- : http://tinyurl.com/2fn6xog
Grundig Satellit 800-M Receiver
.
Shortwave Listener QSL Reports : http://tinyurl.com/2d9qlq
http://www.google.com/group/shortwav...er-qsl-reports

Old January 22nd 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

-
[...]
token_radio.home.mchsi.com/numbers_station_v24.htm) contained a
(http://www.spynumbers.com/numbersDB/...hEntry.php3and use the
search
- feature, set dates from 1982 to current, put V24 in the ENIGMA
block, you
- will find most reports are from CA) it is very unlikely that you
would have
- propagation from Korea to you on that freq at 0920 UTC.

-*Could you have gotten the time UTC wrong?
-
- C!

C! : Thanks for the reply and INFO on the South
Korea [SPY] V24 and M94 Numbers Stations.

-note- Most people here on RRS will tell you that I am
often totally wrong about many things ;;-}} ~ RHF
Old January 23rd 11, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

(http://www.spynumbers.com/numbersDB/...try.php3anduse the
search
- feature, set dates from 1982 to current, put V24 in the ENIGMA
block, you
- will find most reports are from CA) it is very unlikely that you
would have
- propagation from Korea to you on that freq at 0920 UTC.

-*Could you have gotten the time UTC wrong?
-
- C!

C! : Thanks for the reply and INFO on the South
Korea [SPY] V24 and M94 Numbers Stations.

-note- Most people here on RRS will tell you that I am
often totally wrong about many things ;;-}} ~ RHF
*.
*.

RHF" wrote in message

Are There Korean Number Stations ?

Hearing what sounds like Korean on 4900 kHz
at 0920 UTC with what sound like 3~5 Sets of
?numbers? in Korean in the AM Mode.

? North Korean [DPRK] ?
-or- South Korea ?

Female Voice with Three to Five Korean Words
in a mono-tone with a pause...
followed by Three to Five Korean Words in a
mono-tone with a pause...
followed by Three to Five Korean Words in a
mono-tone with a pause...
etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Continuing for many minutes 15+ while I was
listening.

so... are there korean 'number stations' - iwtk ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA- :http://tinyurl.com/2fn6xog
Grundig Satellit 800-M Receiver
.
Shortwave Listener QSL Reports :http://tinyurl.com/2d9qlq
http://www.google.com/group/shortwav...r-qsl-reports- Hide quoted text -

At least he is honest today...
Old January 23rd 11, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

(http://www.spynumbers.com/numbersDB/....php3andusethe
search
- feature, set dates from 1982 to current, put V24 in the ENIGMA
block, you
- will find most reports are from CA) it is very unlikely that you
would have
- propagation from Korea to you on that freq at 0920 UTC.

-*Could you have gotten the time UTC wrong?
-
- C!

C! : Thanks for the reply and INFO on the South
Korea [SPY] V24 and M94 Numbers Stations.

- - -note- Most people here on RRS will tell you that I am
- - often totally wrong about many things ;;-}} ~ RHF

- At least he is honest today...

Arthrny : I Am 'Honest' Each and Every Day . . .

Some Days Honestly 'right' ! )

Some Days Honestly "WRONG" ! :-{

-and- most days a little of both ;;-}} ~ RHF