Old February 17th 11, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BBC World Service Shortwave Radio Frequencies List

On Feb 17, 11:51*am, dave wrote:
On 02/17/2011 10:37 AM, wrote:

On Feb 17, 8:14 am, *wrote:
On 02/16/2011 07:45 PM, wrote:

BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

HF Broadcast is dead. I get 2 BBCWS audio streams at the touch of a
button on a WiFi radio about the same footprint of an ICF-SW12. The only
people who listen to HFBC in Region 2 are end-timers, survivalists and
other antisocial types.

This is an extremely derogatory statement !

Ya think? The only reason I ever listened was for the content (there are
rarer catches than 500,000 KW Radio Moscow.) Now that the content is
available by other means, I don't have to tie up a $2,000 radio to
listen to the news.

I first heard about the Chilean earthquake last year on Vatican Radio,
from the Vatican.
Old February 17th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/17/2011 11:54 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

I first heard about the Chilean earthquake last year on Vatican Radio,
from the Vatican.

I suspect I heard it on the BBC or saw it on a Chyron somewhere. The
Vatican gives me the creeps. They are very dark.
Old February 17th 11, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 17, 2:00*pm, dave wrote:
On 02/17/2011 11:54 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

I first heard about the Chilean earthquake last year on Vatican Radio,
from the Vatican.

I suspect I heard it on the BBC or saw it on a Chyron somewhere. The
Vatican gives me the creeps. They are very dark.

....but they gave me a Santa Maria Galliera QSL for that report :-)

Old February 17th 11, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

On Feb 17, 2:00 pm, dave wrote:
On 02/17/2011 11:54 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

I first heard about the Chilean earthquake last year on Vatican Radio,
from the Vatican.

I suspect I heard it on the BBC or saw it on a Chyron somewhere. The
Vatican gives me the creeps. They are very dark.

...but they gave me a Santa Maria Galliera QSL for that report :-)

Santa Maria di Galeria is kind of extraterritorial from Vatican City itself,
however NASWA does count it as Vatican City.

To 'actually hear' Vatican City, one must hear the Citta del Vaticano site, on
4005, which I think is the only frequency in use these days, at various times.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 17th 11, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:

On Feb 17, 2:00 pm, dave wrote:
On 02/17/2011 11:54 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

I first heard about the Chilean earthquake last year on Vatican Radio,
from the Vatican.

I suspect I heard it on the BBC or saw it on a Chyron somewhere. The
Vatican gives me the creeps. They are very dark.

...but they gave me a Santa Maria Galliera QSL for that report :-)

Santa Maria di Galeria is kind of extraterritorial from Vatican City itself,
however NASWA does count it as Vatican City.

To 'actually hear' Vatican City, one must hear the Citta del Vaticano site, on
4005, which I think is the only frequency in use these days, at various times.

BTW, Aoki shows 4005 as 10 kW.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 17th 11, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:

On Feb 17, 2:00 pm, dave wrote:
On 02/17/2011 11:54 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

I first heard about the Chilean earthquake last year on Vatican Radio,
from the Vatican.

I suspect I heard it on the BBC or saw it on a Chyron somewhere. The
Vatican gives me the creeps. They are very dark.

...but they gave me a Santa Maria Galliera QSL for that report :-)

Santa Maria di Galeria is kind of extraterritorial from Vatican City itself,
however NASWA does count it as Vatican City.

To 'actually hear' Vatican City, one must hear the Citta del Vaticano site, on
4005, which I think is the only frequency in use these days, at various times.

BTW, Aoki shows 4005 as 10 kW.

I can hear 4005 (under heavy RTTY QRM) here at 2310.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 18th 11, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 16, 2:30*am, RHF wrote:
BBC World Service Shortwave Radio Frequencies List

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/index.shtml

BBC-WS World-Wide Shortwave Radio Frequencies :
*.
Europe & Africa
* Western Russia
* West & Central Africa
* East Africa
* South Africa
*.
South Asia
* South Asia
*.
Asia Pacific
* East Asia
* South East Asia
*.
Middle East
* Middle East & Gulf
* Afghanistan & Iran
*.
OOPS : No North & South America Listings
*.
More BBC-WS in "English" Frequencies and Times
can be found at : Short-Wave .Infohttp://www.short-wave.info/
*.
~ RHF
*.
*.

I will 'note' that a 'web-search' for BBC Shortwave and
BBC Radio Frequencies now does produce -results-
that lead to the BBC Shortwave Frequencies.

A year or two ago that was not true. You had to dig
to find a link to them. ~ RHF
Old February 18th 11, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/17/2011 08:54 PM, wrote:
On Feb 17, 2:51 pm, wrote:
On 02/17/2011 10:37 AM, wrote:

On Feb 17, 8:14 am, wrote:
On 02/16/2011 07:45 PM, wrote:

BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

HF Broadcast is dead. I get 2 BBCWS audio streams at the touch of a
button on a WiFi radio about the same footprint of an ICF-SW12. The only
people who listen to HFBC in Region 2 are end-timers, survivalists and
other antisocial types.

This is an extremely derogatory statement !

Ya think? The only reason I ever listened was for the content (there are
rarer catches than 500,000 KW Radio Moscow.) Now that the content is
available by other means, I don't have to tie up a $2,000 radio to
listen to the news.

Well,well,well. Some of us have radios that are priceless,yet it is
not very polite to brag about it ... This is how I look at it .

Not priceless, $2,000. I have spent maybe $4,000 total my whole life on
radio hobby stuff. Two years ago I had a Drake I bought with inheritance
and sold for cash. Then I had a Ten-Tec 516 while I got my feet wet in 2
way HF. Then I sold that, put in some Xmas bonus money, and got the
Elecraft, because I don't expect to be around for Cycle 25. This is my
last Solar Max and I'm not going through it without adequate equipment.
I deserve to be spoiled. I've earned it. I am not wealthy by any means.
Since I quit smoking 11 years ago I spend the $200 a month on fun
stuff, as a reward.

"Sometimes you gotta just say "what the ****"
-Tom Cruise