Old February 19th 11, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BBC World Service Shortwave Radio Frequencies List

On Feb 18, 8:22*pm, wrote:
On Feb 18, 11:01*am, bpnjensen wrote:

On Feb 18, 2:48*am, dxAce wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:
On Feb 17, 2:51 pm, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Feb 17, 2:00 pm, dave wrote:
On 02/17/2011 11:54 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

I first heard about the Chilean earthquake last year on Vatican Radio,
from the Vatican.

I suspect I heard it on the BBC or saw it on a Chyron somewhere. The
Vatican gives me the creeps. They are very dark.

...but they gave me a Santa Maria Galliera QSL for that report :-)

Santa Maria di Galeria is kind of extraterritorial from Vatican City itself,
however NASWA does count it as Vatican City.

To 'actually hear' Vatican City, one must hear the Citta del Vaticano site, on
4005, which I think is the only frequency in use these days, at various times.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

FWIW, I also do not have a RAI Italy QSL (Back when they still
broadcast, they never replied to my reports), so either way I'm good
with it.

Do you remember when RAI broadcast from Sicily as well?- Hide quoted text -

I've been using SW for about 40 years; but I don't recall TX location
details of European stations very well from that time, except who was
in business. *Sicily would be fun, as would Malta and Corsica.- Hide quoted text -

Didn't Malta have a BBC relay station ? RAI always had a weak signal
as compared to the rest of European powerhouses .

RAI was pretty strong in 2002...but they were not paying attention to
reports any more, either by snail mail or e-mail.
Old February 19th 11, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 18, 8:22*pm, wrote:

Didn't Malta have a BBC relay station ? RAI always had a weak signal
as compared to the rest of European powerhouses .

Looks like DW had the "Cyclops" relay there until 1996 -

http://www.tdp.info/mlt.html
Old February 19th 11, 10:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.news-media
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Great and Wonderful Obama "Internet Kill Switch"

On Feb 18, 6:09*am, dave wrote:
On 02/17/2011 09:07 PM, wrote:

- - This may be due to the recent events in the Middle East .
- - Internet can be turned off instantly, as we just witnessed .

- Soon, ham radio is going to be the only international
- medium not subject to a "kill switch". Fight BPL!

The Great and Wonderful Obama Internet Kill Switch
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures...tch--73323.jpg
-praise-be-'the-obama'-lord-of-the-internet-
Old February 19th 11, 11:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The 'Flavor' {Imperfection} That Defines Shortwave Radio Listening [SWL]

On Feb 17, 5:14*am, dave wrote:
On 02/16/2011 07:45 PM, wrote:

BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

- HF Broadcast is dead. I get 2 BBCWS audio streams
- at the touch of a button on a WiFi radio about the same
- footprint of an ICF-SW12.

-ps- Then One Wonders Why 'Special-Dave' : You Post
To A Shortwave Radio Listeners [SWL] Newsgroup . . .

Wouldn't an "Internet Radio" Newsgroup be more to you liking. . .
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...radio.internet
Old February 19th 11, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media

On 02/19/2011 02:13 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Because checks and balances are anathema to Power.

Whatever that means.