Old February 16th 11, 10:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default BBC World Service Shortwave Radio Frequencies List

BBC World Service Shortwave Radio Frequencies List

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/index.shtml

BBC-WS World-Wide Shortwave Radio Frequencies :
Old February 17th 11, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 16, 5:30*am, RHF wrote:
BBC World Service Shortwave Radio Frequencies List

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/index.shtml

BBC-WS World-Wide Shortwave Radio Frequencies :
*.
Europe & Africa
* Western Russia
* West & Central Africa
* East Africa
* South Africa
*.
South Asia
* South Asia
*.
Asia Pacific
* East Asia
* South East Asia
*.
Middle East
* Middle East & Gulf
* Afghanistan & Iran
*.
OOPS : No North & South America Listings
*.
More BBC-WS in "English" Frequencies and Times
can be found at : Short-Wave .Infohttp://www.short-wave.info/
*.
~ RHF
*.
*.

BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...
Old February 17th 11, 06:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 16, 7:45*pm, wrote:
On Feb 16, 5:30*am, RHF wrote:

[...]

Does not bother me. The fewer loud signals from doorstep transmitters
I have clogging up my airwaves, the better to hear the faint DX. BBC
is available from so many outlets now that I can forego them
broadcasting at my house from Sackville or Greenville or some such
place :-)
Old February 17th 11, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/16/2011 07:45 PM, wrote:

BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

HF Broadcast is dead. I get 2 BBCWS audio streams at the touch of a
button on a WiFi radio about the same footprint of an ICF-SW12. The only
people who listen to HFBC in Region 2 are end-timers, survivalists and
other antisocial types.
Old February 17th 11, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/16/2011 11:34 PM, Hils wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Feb 16, 7:45 pm, wrote:
BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

Does not bother me. The fewer loud signals from doorstep transmitters
I have clogging up my airwaves, the better to hear the faint DX. BBC
is available from so many outlets now that I can forego them
broadcasting at my house from Sackville or Greenville or some such
place :-)

"The axing of five foreign language services and wholesale retreat from
shortwave radio – including the end of broadcasts to India, Russia and
China – will lead to the loss of more than 30 million listeners, a sixth
of the World Service's global audience of 180 million, the BBC
estimates. The five language services being shut down – Portuguese for
Africa, Caribbean English, Macedonian, Serbian and Albanian – have a
combined audience of 3.4 million."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-cuts-response

(The UK Foreign Office has cut World Service funding by 16%.)

Caribbean English WTF? Good riddance! I can't feature Jamaicans
listening to scratchy shortwave broadcasts so some snooty Englishman can
talk down to them in Pidgin English.

Old February 17th 11, 03:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 17, 5:14*am, dave wrote:
On 02/16/2011 07:45 PM, wrote:

BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

HF Broadcast is dead. I get 2 BBCWS audio streams at the touch of a
button on a WiFi radio about the same footprint of an ICF-SW12. The only
people who listen to HFBC in Region 2 are end-timers, survivalists and
other antisocial types.

Of which I am included in the last :-)
Old February 17th 11, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 17, 8:14*am, dave wrote:
On 02/16/2011 07:45 PM, wrote:

BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

HF Broadcast is dead. I get 2 BBCWS audio streams at the touch of a
button on a WiFi radio about the same footprint of an ICF-SW12. The only
people who listen to HFBC in Region 2 are end-timers, survivalists and
other antisocial types.

This is an extremely derogatory statement !
Old February 17th 11, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...ervice-cuts-re...

(The UK Foreign Office has cut World Service funding by 16%.)

Caribbean English WTF? Good riddance! I can't feature Jamaicans
listening to scratchy shortwave broadcasts so some snooty Englishman can
talk down to them in Pidgin English.- Hide quoted text -

Each area of the Carribean has developed it's own dialect of English .
None of them are classified as pidgin,absolutely not . And BBC-WS
always had a strong presence on AM and FM locally until recently, not
exactly sure what is happening at the present time .
Old February 17th 11, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 17, 1:47*pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 17, 8:14 am, dave wrote:
On 02/16/2011 07:45 PM, wrote:

BBC-WS obviously doesn't view us as 'worthy' listeners . Sadly
enough ...

HF Broadcast is dead. I get 2 BBCWS audio streams at the touch of a
button on a WiFi radio about the same footprint of an ICF-SW12. The only
people who listen to HFBC in Region 2 are end-timers, survivalists and
other antisocial types.

This is an extremely derogatory statement !

Rickmers is known to have *issues*.

That is VERY obvious .