Old March 11th 11, 03:49 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital

Default iBiquity's gag-order for engineers (threads)

On Mar 10, 5:09*pm, SMS wrote:
On 3/10/2011 11:05 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Remember, the faster the IBOC scam goes broke, the faster we are likely
to get real digital radio in a dedicated band, which -- if it's done
right -- has great potential for superb quality, excellent coverage, new
content many times greater than what we now have, and new avenues for
freedom of expression.

Those are good goals, but the reality is that the existing broadcasters,
both large and small, are dead set against such a dedicated digital band
so it will likely not happen. They do not want to have to purchase
additional spectrum and have new competitors.

The whole reason IBOC came to be is because they needed buy-in from
existing broadcasters and the FCC on a digital scheme that would allow a
transition from analog to digital without creating a new digital band.

;
Old March 11th 11, 03:51 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital

Default Regenerative receivers, anyone?

On Mar 10, 10:49*pm, Steve wrote:
On Mar 10, 5:09*pm, SMS wrote:

On 3/10/2011 11:05 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Remember, the faster the IBOC scam goes broke, the faster we are likely
to get real digital radio in a dedicated band, which -- if it's done
right -- has great potential for superb quality, excellent coverage, new
content many times greater than what we now have, and new avenues for
freedom of expression.

Those are good goals, but the reality is that the existing broadcasters,
both large and small, are dead set against such a dedicated digital band
so it will likely not happen. They do not want to have to purchase
additional spectrum and have new competitors.

The whole reason IBOC came to be is because they needed buy-in from
existing broadcasters and the FCC on a digital scheme that would allow a
transition from analog to digital without creating a new digital band.

;d

HD Radio: Eduardo contradicts himself - LMFAO! DigitalRadioScams Shortwave 172 August 16th 10 09:24 PM
HD Radio shutdown in Wash, D.C! LMFAO! PocketRadio Shortwave 49 January 2nd 09 01:36 PM
FS: Sector 220 FM portable Cencom Swap 0 November 7th 04 03:27 PM
FS: Sector 220 MHz Portable Cencom Swap 0 November 1st 04 01:13 PM
Brother Stair infests Europe's MW band. Simon Mason Shortwave 7 October 17th 04 04:23 PM