Old March 13th 11, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Which Is Better ? -or- Building a Better Radio Shack with aFew...

Better? I have two cheapo windup LED flashlights somebody gave me for
Christmas 2009.Them things are Good, Good Better Good.Badda Badda Good.
cuhulin

Old March 13th 11, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default "Windup flashlights" sheesh!

On 03/12/2011 09:21 PM, wrote:
Better? I have two cheapo windup LED flashlights somebody gave me for
Christmas 2009.Them things are Good, Good Better Good.Badda Badda Good.
cuhulin

That's silly. LED lights go for a year on a set of batteries, and slowly
dim when they need to be changed.
Old March 13th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 13, 8:38*am, dave wrote:
On 03/12/2011 09:21 PM, wrote:

Better? I have two cheapo windup LED flashlights somebody gave me for
Christmas 2009.Them things are Good, Good Better Good.Badda Badda Good.
cuhulin

That's silly. LED lights go for a year on a set of batteries, and slowly
dim when they need to be changed.

Wind-up LED flashlight may not have any batteries .
Old March 13th 11, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There is a little handle on my wind up LED flashlights, flip it out and
wind the crap out of it, no batteries.

Willys L Head/side valve Go-Devil engines are Tuff.They Had to be Tuff
in World War Two.

Ford built almost half of the World War Two Jeeps.There was an
underground Jeep assembly plant in England in World War Two.

http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Brian's+Military+Jeeps

devilfinder.com
Jeep CJ3B Page

http://www.jeepdraw.com
http://www.jeepdoc.com
http://www.willystech.com

There are many more websites about those old Jeeps too.
cuhulin, the Jeep

Old March 13th 11, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If/when I get to working on my Jeep, I will take the head and block to
Smith's Automotive Machine shop on Rankin Street in Jackson and let them
check it out, and do the valves, grind the cylinder holes, whatever.The
crankshaft and valves shaft might need some workin on them, might need
over size bearings.The rest of it, I can do that myself.The starter
motor and generator probally needs rebuilding, I will take them to an
Automotive Electric shop (I forget the name of that shop just now, it's
listed in doggy's phone book) on Highway 80, about a mile West of
doggy's couch.I will need a new wiring harness, a bunch of thingys.It
will be sort of like a hobby for me, fixin up my old Jeep.A Martha
Stewart Good Thing.
I don'ts wants no Pinto engyne enema mah Jeep!
cuhulin

Old March 14th 11, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 13, 6:43*am, wrote:
On Mar 13, 8:38*am, dave wrote:

On 03/12/2011 09:21 PM, wrote:

Better? I have two cheapo windup LED flashlights somebody gave me for
Christmas 2009.Them things are Good, Good Better Good.Badda Badda Good.
cuhulin

- - That's silly. LED lights go for a year on a set of
- - batteries, and slowly dim when they need to be
- - changed.

So Dave you Turn-On a LED Flashlight and the
Batteries will Last a Year . . . -r-o-t-f-l-

Ten's of Hours most likely
Hundreds of Hours well may be . . .
-but- A Whole Year 24x365 = 8760 Hours
-why-that's-un-believable-
Old March 14th 11, 12:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 03/13/2011 08:53 PM, Burr wrote:
I have a windup Grundig and I recharge all me small batteries. I save a lot
of money on batteries.

I basically have access to all the batteries I want. I still use
rechargeables for high current non-mission critical devices.

Bayless clockworks generator was the best, and it was prone to breaking.
Old March 14th 11, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message ...

I have a heck of a lot of Everyready rechargable D and C and AA and AAA
batteries and two Eveready battery chargers, and few more
assorted/unassorted battery rechargers.I bought them just before the
Y2K.I thought the SHTF was going to happen.
cuhulin, the Y2K

Old March 14th 11, 09:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Richard 'HOAX' Hoagland said the Y2K was going to end everything.I
actually taped that sheet with my little micro tape recorder set on low
speed, when he said that sheet on that Phoney Baloney coast to coast
Bull Sheet HOAX radio show.

That's about when I QUIT! listening to that Phoney Fake Fraud coast to
coast SUCKS!!! Bull Sheet show too.Oh well, I am prepared for the next
Y2K in 2024, or whenever.I have buku rechargable batteries I never even
charged up and used yet.
cuhulin, I am rechargable

Which Is Better ? -or- Building a Better Radio Shack with a Few... dave Shortwave 7 March 13th 11 06:03 AM
Radio transmissions into metal building eganders CB 6 June 22nd 07 08:03 AM
Building a DAB radio Mike Homebrew 7 January 6th 06 03:37 PM
Building a 21st century radio lsmyer Shortwave 2 October 11th 04 03:44 PM