Old April 22nd 11, 09:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WTB: Grundig Sat 800 Antenna

Old April 22nd 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 04/22/2011 01:08 AM, m II wrote:

On 11-04-21 02:23 PM, Mike wrote:
Anyone have any idea where one might be able to purchase a replacement
extendable antenna for the Grundig Sat 800?

Thanks,

Mike

Mine is starting to go to. The sections come apart too easily. Those
little half shell retaining spring clips seem to be loosing their will
to work.

First time it came apart, one of the shells disappeared back into the
antenna section, so I could only find one. I may have cursed for a while.

Another thing was when the reception became really lousy on the set. It
turned out to be my fault. I had previously set the rear switch to
external antenna and had forgotten about it.

They had a dusty old Brand New Satelite 650 under the counter at an
electronics store in San Bernardino. They were asking $1,200 for it last
time I checked. This is an old-school Portuguese Grundig.