Old June 8th 12, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Endangered Sumatran Elephants Poisoned

"Three critically-endangered Sumatran elephants have been found dead
in an oil palm plantation in western Indonesia and are believed to
have been poisoned, an NGO said Saturday.

Villagers found the dead animals on Thursday in a government-owned oil
palm plantation in the eastern part of Aceh province. They were
estimated to be four and five years old, local environmental group
Fakta said.

“We suspected that they died after consuming bars of soap laced with
poison we found near the carcass,” the group’s chief Rabono Wiranata
told AFP." Story continued at
http://www.globalanimal.org/2012/06/...oisoned/75808/

The special ed fellow from Mississippi who is always posting his
drivel here will no doubt smile approvingly of this atrocity.
Old June 8th 12, 12:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 8, 1:43*am, Truth Teller wrote:
The special ed fellow from Mississippi who is always posting his drivel here will no doubt smile approvingly of this atrocity.

Aww come on man .. DD ain't never done you no harm ..

Old June 9th 12, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 8, 6:47*am, Arky Bob wrote:

Aww come on man .. DD ain't never done you no harm ..

He doesn't possess the status to be able to harm me. Considering he
boasts of poisoning innocent animals, surely he'd appreciate knowing
that he isn't the only piece of human garbage in the world. Or would
he?

Death by poisoning is a long drawn out process of pain and suffering.
It is so inhumane and cruel it is unbelievable that any one would do
it and then brag about it on the internet. Jaw-dropping stupidity.
Old June 11th 12, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 9, 2:47*am, Hils wrote:

Since the Conservative-led coalition got into power here, there's been a
big rise in the numbers of buzzards found poisoned, probably by
landowners who raise captive pheasants for shooting. The landowners
think, rightly, that wildlife protection laws won't be enforced under
the Conservatives (who have also found £375,000 of taxpayers money to
spend on destroying buzzard nests to "protect" pheasants...).

Truly outrageous. Buzzards provide an invaluable service to the
ecosystem by keeping the earth clean. But we mustn't get in the way of
the gentry's pursuit of leisure must we.

How sad for all the wildlife of the world, they get it from the entire
spectrum of humanity - from inbred white trash (like the special ed
fellow from Mississippi) up to inbred blue bloods called "royalty" and
everything in between.

The political hacks in my neck of the woods have decided to reopen
hunting for wolves, whose population has just shown signs of
recovering after being endangered for decades, because ranchers are
whining about losing a few calves per year (which they are reimbursed
for anyway). The ranchers already given carte blanche to kill wolves
and mountain lions on their property without restrictions. One of the
more outrageous acts of cruelty reported was that of a rancher baiting
a snare with fresh deer meat which of course attracted a cougar. It
was then snared by its hind paw and then hung upside suspended in air
for 3 days until it died of exhaustion trying to free itself. Aren't
human beings wonderful.

Old June 12th 12, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Truth Teller wrote:

The political hacks in my neck of the woods have decided to reopen
hunting for wolves, whose population has just shown signs of
recovering after being endangered for decades, because ranchers
are whining about losing a few calves per year (which they are
reimbursed for anyway). The ranchers already given carte blanche to
kill wolves and mountain lions on their property without
restrictions. One of the more outrageous acts of cruelty reported
was that of a rancher baiting a snare with fresh deer meat which
of course attracted a cougar. It was then snared by its hind paw
and then hung upside suspended in air for 3 days until it died of
exhaustion trying to free itself. Aren't human beings wonderful.

There's a cretin in Holland, MI who thinks that the US Navy killing
of 2.8 MILLION dolphins and whales a year is a GOOD thing.

mike

Old June 12th 12, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 11, 10:39*pm, m II wrote:
There's a cretin in Holland, MI *who thinks that the US Navy killing
of 2.8 MILLION dolphins and whales a year is a GOOD thing.

mike

Not surprising considering he believes the killing of 500,000 Iraqi
children was a GOOD thing as well. Apparently it is his way of
ingratiating himself to the feds. Ever since he was placed under 48
hour surveillance prior to and during the President's visit to Holland
in April 2011 he has been attempting to sanitize his reputation.

I suspect someone informed him that were he to be convicted of a
felony he would lose his federal disability payments. The threat of
getting kicked off that gravy train obviously got his attention right
quick. Unfortunately, for him anyway, alas the "Wit and Wisdom of
Steve Lare" is forever in the files of the authorities. Gosh those
hard drives are a pesky nuisance aren't they!

By the by, isn't his annual sappy "I just can't take it anymore"
farewell to the newsgroup about due?
Old June 12th 12, 11:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

Truth Teller wrote:

The political hacks in my neck of the woods have decided to reopen
hunting for wolves, whose population has just shown signs of
recovering after being endangered for decades, because ranchers
are whining about losing a few calves per year (which they are
reimbursed for anyway). The ranchers already given carte blanche to
kill wolves and mountain lions on their property without
restrictions. One of the more outrageous acts of cruelty reported
was that of a rancher baiting a snare with fresh deer meat which
of course attracted a cougar. It was then snared by its hind paw
and then hung upside suspended in air for 3 days until it died of
exhaustion trying to free itself. Aren't human beings wonderful.

There's a cretin in Holland, MI who thinks that the US Navy killing
of 2.8 MILLION dolphins and whales a year is a GOOD thing.

There's a dumbass up in CanaDuh who just doesn't think at all!

Old June 12th 12, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:36:42 PM UTC-4, Truth Teller wrote:
On Jun 9, 2:47*am, Hils wrote:

[...]

How about all those innocent insects you squash everytime you walk outside or drive your car? Gee, maybe you should just lock yourself in a safe for the rest of your miserable gaia-worshipping life.
Old June 13th 12, 11:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6/12/2012 6:32 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:36:42 PM UTC-4, Truth Teller wrote:
[...] One of the more outrageous acts of cruelty reported was
that of a rancher baiting a snare with fresh deer meat which of
course attracted a cougar. It was then snared by its hind paw
and then hung upside suspended in air for 3 days until it died
of exhaustion trying to free itself. Aren't human beings
wonderful.

How about all those innocent insects you squash everytime you
walk outside or drive your car? Gee, maybe you should just lock
yourself in a safe for the rest of your miserable
gaia-worshipping life.

If upward evolution is toward higher consciousness and nobility,
then the cougar-hanger has just failed the evolutionary test. The
lowliest squirrel is a far more worthy consumer of oxygen than he.

All of us, even vegetarians like me who try to avoid causing the
death of any conscious being, inevitably evict creatures from their
homes -- and some probably die -- when we build our houses. And, as
Defcon points out, a few creatures may die the next time we walk
down the sidewalk or path, without us even being aware of it.

This should give the more evolved among us us pause to think about
what exactly we are doing with our lives on Earth, since other
creatures have suffered and died to make our lives possible. How
have I contributed to allay or minimize suffering? How have I
advanced knowledge and consciousness? What have I done to move
evolution forward and upward? What have I accomplished to help the
cause of that magical anti-entropy process called Life?

With all good wishes,

Kevin Alfred Strom.
--
http://nationalvanguard.org/
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old June 14th 12, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12-06-13 09:21 AM, dave wrote:

Carbon Credits were invented by right wingers you know...

Those 'credits' are one of the largest scams ever perpetrated.

Pollution continues to increase in direct proportion to the emptying
of taxpayer's pockets.

mike