Old November 19th 13, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default USS Zumwalt

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:26:24 PM UTC-6, dave wrote:

Righties have abnormal brain physiology. Their "fear" lobes are

oversized. Fox "News" uses fear and emotion to focus like a laser beam

on these frightened hillbillies. Fun to watch but not good for the future.

Leftist Lies Destroyed as Scientists Discover the Gene Which Causes Brain Size and Intelligence. See:
http://newobserveronline.com/leftist...-intelligence/
Old November 19th 13, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 13-11-19 12:38 PM, dave wrote:

The only soldiers (etc.) I respect are dead.

I, and thousands of others, feel the same way. We pray for the day we
can respect dxAce. Sincerely.

mike

Old November 22nd 13, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/22/2013 08:15 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Given that two of these are mine, I wonder how many others have been
miscredited in your zeal to tickle dxAce.

You must be an MSNBC staffer.

I miss Roy Fisk.
Old November 22nd 13, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/22/2013 09:32 AM, dave wrote:
On 11/22/2013 08:15 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Given that two of these are mine, I wonder how many others have been
miscredited in your zeal to tickle dxAce.

You must be an MSNBC staffer.

I miss Roy Fisk.

And Telemon. (Thousand Oaks is Family Dad territory).
Old November 23rd 13, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/22/2013 11:15 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Given that two of these are mine, I wonder how many others have been
miscredited in your zeal to tickle dxAce.

So what's yer point? Two wrong (or a dozen) out of a few hundred ain't
too bad IMHO. Ignoring your two and possibly a few others, the great
preponderance of quotes (the other 99% that ARE correct) seems to paint
a pretty accurate picture of lare's "character".

You must be an MSNBC staffer.

And then YOU must be the founder and President for Life of the lare fan
club. :-D

Pick your friends wisely or you may end up being tarred with the same brush.

Old November 23rd 13, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/23/13 09:11 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 11/22/2013 11:15 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Given that two of these are mine, I wonder how many others have been
miscredited in your zeal to tickle dxAce.

So what's yer point? Two wrong (or a dozen) out of a few hundred ain't
too bad IMHO. Ignoring your two and possibly a few others, the great
preponderance of quotes (the other 99% that ARE correct) seems to paint
a pretty accurate picture of lare's "character".

Read carefully, I said that TWO are mine. How many others are there?
I certainly can't be the only one.

Which suggests that we're no longer discussing 99%.

Your opinion that a few, or a dozen, is yours to hold and cherish.
But if mII's accuracy is off by a few, or a dozen, then he's sloppy. And
his reportage is dismissable on its face. Because he doesn't care to
verify, verify, verify.

If one is going to quote someone, with the intent of smearing him,
one is obligated to tell the truth. Not just a percentage.

You must be an MSNBC staffer.,

And then YOU must be the founder and President for Life of the lare fan
club. :-D

Not at all. If you'd go back and inspect your history, you'd find
that there have been times he and I have gone at it, hammer and tongs.
He can be crude. He can be opinionated. So what? He's an American. It's
his birthright. He may say what he wishes. Don't like it? Refute it. Or
don't listen. YOUR birthright.

Pick your friends wisely or you may end up being tarred with the same
brush.

The 'isolate' portion of the Radical agenda, Joe? Voltaire would slap
your face. You're better than that.

newsgroup. And along the way, I've stood up for many, here, whose
politics I've disagreed with. And I've done it simply because they were
under assault by someone with faulty claims. One even went so far as to
print a post of mine in his local newspaper. And believe me, that gave
me some very real reasons for concern. I have a long standing client in
his hometown, and I didn't need to be tarred, as you put it, with the
brush of his politics. That could be costly. Nevertheless, the truth
about him had been unspoken amongst a very real and costly bed of
insinuations and lies. So, I spoke up, and when he asked for permission
to print it, I gave it to him. The truth to be spoken. No matter the cost.

I have done the same for Steve Lare.

I've done the same for others in this group and beyond.

I would do the same for you, given sufficient reason.

Just as there have been those who have stood up for me.

There are those here who think as little of me as you do of Steve. So
what? This is USENet. We're all Tom Selleck and Charles Manson. Usually
at the same time. Those of us who've had a little life under our belts
don't let threats of disapproval by someone unseen and unknown create
fear. We don't let strangers put horns on our heads, or pitchforks in
our hands just because someone doesn't like our demeanor. Or our
politics. Or our choice of media. We don't get our satisfaction, or our
self esteem, from external approval by strangers. Or by association with
one or another accepted recitudes of the day. We aren't manipulated by
others' thoughts, others' shining light of mass sanctimony.

Such is the nature of being Free.

You don't like us? You don't know what you're missing. We discuss
divergent politics. We share tech tips. We share extraordinary
experiences, and we enjoy the somewhat shaky but white hot spotlight
that another's perspective brings to our own thoughtfully and first hand
experience derived understandings of reality, and its handmaiden --
possibilities.

(Did you know Steve Lare wrote, and and had published, an article
about homebrew 9:1 antenna un-un that perform nearly to the same
standard as those manufactured? Kevin Strom has also written tech
articles to advance the hobby.)

We even listen to you.

Across the decades, I've been tarred with many brushes, Joe. It
washes off, after the temporary sting has passed. But, if it doesn't,
there's not much I can do about it. What someone thinks of me is none of
my business. And if it's none of my business, it can't be relevant to
the discussion.

Old November 23rd 13, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

[...]

Thanks, but the article was actually written by Alan Johnson, N4LUS and
appeared in the NASWA Journal, July 1992.

One can read it by going he http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/xfmr.htm