Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29th 14, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) What's a DECENT fm (clock?) radio?

On 01/28/2014 07:46 PM, David Combs wrote:
I'm having a hard time finding a decent fm radio.

Ones I've bought at costco -- when a cab drives
by the house, you hear him transmitting on
his radio.

And LOUSY sensitivity!

(Where do they make these things, in China?)

I look in Amazon for table-top radios, and
not one gets consistently decent reviews.

And apparently all of them are slapped together
with ZERO effort at defect-free construction.

So, you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks!

David

Radio Shack sells Eton and Grundig radios, and they are superior to the
crap they sell at most department stores. Check for closeouts. I got a
Grundig G3 for $30. Best deal yet for synchronous detector. Terrible
chuffing.