Old September 7th 14, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SONY ICF-2110, ICF-SW77

On Tuesday, May 23, 1995 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jean Francois wrote:
Hi All,
I'd like to get into shortwave listening; and the receiver that I'm
looking at is the Sony ICF-2110 or the SW77. Does anyone know anything
about any of those two? Also, are there much music on shortwave; or is it
all news? Is there a FAQ out there? What is AIR-BAND and SSB? Please
e-mail answer.

Thank You,
JB..

---------------------------------
- Time heals; then it kills. -
---------------------------------

Hello, I purchased this radio today (Sony ICF SW77), installed batteries and nothing comes on. Is there something I am doing wrong? I don't have a power supply. I can go to radio shack and purchase one if I need to. Thanks
Old September 7th 14, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Years ago I read Good things about Sony 2010 Radios. Roger Fredinburg once said on his radio talk show he owns one, he said he likes it too. www.regularguy.com
Old September 8th 14, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 7 Sep 2014, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 23, 1995 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jean Francois wrote:
Hi All,
I'd like to get into shortwave listening; and the receiver that I'm
looking at is the Sony ICF-2110 or the SW77. Does anyone know anything
about any of those two? Also, are there much music on shortwave; or is it
all news? Is there a FAQ out there? What is AIR-BAND and SSB? Please
e-mail answer.

Thank You,
JB..

---------------------------------
- Time heals; then it kills. -
---------------------------------

Hello, I purchased this radio today (Sony ICF SW77), installed batteries
and nothing comes on. Is there something I am doing wrong? I don't have
a power supply. I can go to radio shack and purchase one if I need to.
Thanks

You just bought a "new" radio, yet you can't afford to start a new
thread?

Jean isn't likely here naymore, virtually nobody from 1995 is. And over
the decades, most posters were only drive by posters anyway, they'd post
one question, and then be gone, sometimes never even posting a response to
the responses to their question. SO there is absolutely no sense in
replying to an almost 20 year old post, especially when it has nothing to
do with that old post.

On the other hand, you really havent' told us anything except what type of
radio it is. You haven't said if you bought it new, or what, or what
"doesnt' work.

Michael

Old September 12th 14, 10:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Tuesday, May 23, 1995 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jean Francois wrote:
Hi All,
I'd like to get into shortwave listening; and the receiver that I'm
looking at is the Sony ICF-2110 or the SW77. Does anyone know anything
about any of those two? Also, are there much music on shortwave; or is it
all news? Is there a FAQ out there? What is AIR-BAND and SSB? Please
e-mail answer.

Thank You,
JB..

---------------------------------
- Time heals; then it kills. -
---------------------------------

Hello, I purchased this radio today (Sony ICF SW77), installed batteries
and nothing comes on. Is there something I am doing wrong? I don't have a
power supply. I can go to radio shack and purchase one if I need to. Thanks

I always wrap my batteries up in tinfoil before I put them in an electronic
device, especially something that has radio capability.

FS: Sony ICF-SW77, Sony ICF-SW55, and Icom FRG-100 w/manuals anddocs $750 LukeP Swap 0 July 16th 09 06:16 AM
FS Sony ICF-SW77 Like New Wilton Swap 0 April 16th 07 12:26 AM
Sony ICF-SW77 - value? (UK) Cap'n Shortwave 1 March 14th 05 12:37 AM
Sony ICF-SW77 help John & Karen Blevins Equipment 0 July 4th 03 02:42 PM
Sony ICF-SW77 help John & Karen Blevins Equipment 0 July 4th 03 02:42 PM