Old December 17th 14, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Solar Polarity Flipped

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:52:32 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:33:13 AM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:
On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 6:09:08 PM UTC-6, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:
According to my data (sourced from Mathematica) this peak was the third
weakest in terms of average sunspots since the Dalton Minimum, nearly
matching the weak peaks in 1883 and 1905. Yet I've had decent luck
with my HF activities even though my antenna situation is very shady
and I usually run QRP.

I guess this just proves that the only way to really know if the bands
are open is to spin that VFO knob.

Recently I've had the best reception in the very early mornings, before
sunrise. Lots of activity from Asia. I've also been lucky enough to
pick up some African broadcasts in the evening, when I am most likely
to have the radio on.

Contacted W1AW/7 last night, too, but I had to dial it up to 75w in
order for him to hear me (CW). Last time I managed to contact W1AW/7 I
only used 10w with RTTY.

That guy who lives in Africa, I forgot his name. He does DXing. Anybody heard from him lately?

Is it John Plimmer of S.Africa?

Yep, John Plimmer, South Africa. I Hope he is doing O K nowadays.

Antenna polarity? Gone Fishin' Equipment 3 January 28th 14 02:06 PM
receive polarity Art Unwin Antenna 0 February 24th 10 04:21 PM
SolderSmoke #30: Solar pwr, IRF 510 amp, QST 50, BITX20, rockbound rigs, solar min? [email protected] Boatanchors 0 August 22nd 06 07:16 AM
SolderSmoke #30: Solar pwr, IRF 510 amp, QST 50, BITX20, rockbound rigs, solar min? [email protected] Homebrew 0 August 22nd 06 07:16 AM
kc8ldo flipped,,,,7 days of posts, all about "Twistedhed" Twistedhed CB 4 April 7th 04 05:39 AM