Old February 23rd 17, 03:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WWV will be OFF the AIR .

Analogdial wrote: "WHY do you want to know? There's a damn good reason the locationSNIP"

Because knowing the locations might be helpful
in knowing which ones are EASIER TO RECEIVE.

You one of those Bushies who thinks everyone's
a "turr'ist"??

THINK.
(it's something you are still free to do!)
Old February 24th 17, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 13:47:56 +0000, analogdial wrote:

I think you have excessive curiosity concerning America's Top Secret
ATOMIC TIME PROGRAM. If you're thinking that ATOMIC TIME TECHNOLOGY will
somehow aid you in building a TIME MACHINE, I should warn you that that
approach HARDLY EVER works.

Correct, it has only worked once. However, it hasn't happened yet.

Brooks
Old February 24th 17, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

analogdial wrote: "I think you have excessive curiosity concerning America's Top Secret
ATOMIC TIME PROGRAM. If you're thinking that ATOMIC TIME TECHNOLOGY
will somehow aid you in building a TIME MACHINE, I should warnFLLLLUSSSHHHHH!!

Wo-wo-WOOAAA! Chill!

You've gone off on a greater tangent
than Jimmy Blozet when his car threw
a wheel at Daytona.

All I want is to be able to tune in to 5, 10.
15, 20, or 25mHz once per month to
reset my windup and other dummy
clocks and watches! That's.

all!

Old February 25th 17, 10:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 04:38:30 -0000 (UTC), analogdial

analogdial wrote: "I think you have excessive curiosity concerning America's Top Secret
ATOMIC TIME PROGRAM. If you're thinking that ATOMIC TIME TECHNOLOGY
will somehow aid you in building a TIME MACHINE, I should warnFLLLLUSSSHHHHH!!

Wo-wo-WOOAAA! Chill!

You've gone off on a greater tangent
than Jimmy Blozet when his car threw
a wheel at Daytona.

All I want is to be able to tune in to 5, 10.
15, 20, or 25mHz once per month to
reset my windup and other dummy
clocks and watches! That's.

all!

Isn't it OBVIOUS? The FEDS are well aware of your UN-AMERICAN attempts
to obtain the ABOVE TOP SECRET details and locations of America's ATOMIC
TIME PROGRAM. You have GOOGLESOURCED the entire internet and, of
course, come up with ZILCH. Not even CNN or the NEW YORK TIMES would
dare divulge the SECURE location of America's ATOMIC TIME TRANSMITTERS.

By now, I'm sure you're aware that the US Government has SELECTIVELY
BLOCKED your reception of ATOM TIME. I urge you to turn yourself in to
the FEDERAL DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND ATOMIC TIME SECURITY immediately.
There is nowhere or nowhen to hide.

I can remember when someone could post a radio-related question here and receive
a useful answer in a reasonably short time from one or more of the many people
here who were actually knowledgeable about shortwave radio.

Now, sadlly, there is instead a bunch of nitwits who seem to think someone may
have somehow gotten hold of five cruise missiles and plans to launch one at each
antenna site for the five WWV transmitters (one for each frequency) using the
coordinates given in the newsgroup as targeting data. Pathetic!

WWV antenna coordinates (WGS84):

2.5 MHz - 40°40'55.0 N, 105°02'33.6 W
5 MHz - 40°40'41.9 N, 105°02'27.2 W
10 MHz - 40°40'47.7 N, 105°02'27.4 W
15 MHz - 40°40'44.8 N, 105°02'26.9 W
20 MHz - 40°40'52.8 N, 105°02'30.9 W

This information appears in NIST Special Publication 250-67, which was released
in 2005 and has complete info on WWV as well as on WWVH and WWVB - including
site maps and photographs. It can be freely downloaded in Portable Document
Format (PDF) from the following URL:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/general/pdf/1969.pdf

My apologies to the OP for not posting this sooner. I honestly thought somebody
else would have finally gotten around to doing so by now, but apparently there's
an unfortunate lack of well-versed real radio hobbyists around here these days.

John D. Kasupski, W2PIO
Niagara Falls, New York, USA
TS-450S/TS-50/DX-394/Wires

Old February 25th 17, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Kasupski wrote: "This information appears in NIST Special Publication
250-67, which was released in 2005 and has complete info on WWV as well
as on WWVH and WWVB - including site maps and photographs."

Thank you John. So based on those coordinates
they are all roughly on the same patch of land,
just at the opposite end of the country from me.
Odd, because I swore the 'B' in WWVB stood for
Boulder, and the H stood for Hawaii(or Honolulu).

Good news is, between their power-down and up,
and some electrical work I had done last Tuesday,
I now more consistently get in the signal at 5 and
10mHz. Seems the noise floor is a tad lower now
in my local area, enough for me to HEAR the
dang things! Now for the 40+yr old dining
room chandelier & dimmer knob, which induces
a loud BUZZZZ on my AM reception at a
particular point on said dimmer. LOL
Old February 25th 17, 11:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Kasupski wrote: "...but apparently there's an unfortunate lack of well-versed
real radio hobbyists around here these days. "

You can blame the INTERET for most of
that decline. A few bucks per month and
a few clicks and one can chat up a storm
about the Kardashians or what-not. lol!
No worries about caps, propogation,
or when the best TX/RX times are.

Say John, you seen that Quaid movie
'Frequency' yet? Would love your take on
the technical aspects of it, the ham and
all.