Old February 19th 17, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WWV will be OFF the AIR .

Upgrading the electric and will be shut down on Feb. 21 and 22 . Up to 8 hours each day.
Old February 21st 17, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Upgrading the electric and will be shut down on Feb. 21 and 22 . Up to 8 hours each day.

from NIST.GOV:

NOTICE OF SCHEDULED BROADCAST OUTAGE:

Due to an electrical upgrade, Radio Station WWV will be off the air on
all frequencies on February 21 and 22, 2017. The outages will occur
between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM Mountain Standard Time, and will not exceed
8 hours duration each day.

I've got too much politics on the brain. I was SURE the notice said:

NOTICE OF SCHEDULED BROADCAST OUTRAGE

The guy who sits in the box telling the time 24hours a day, 7 days a week
for all these years is finally tired of it all. So they are really giving
him a two day vacation, the first since WWV moved to Colorado over fifty
years ago.

Michael

Slacker. He should be ashamed. The woman at WWVH does the time
announcements 24/7 AND finds time between the announcements to do phone
company announcements and she's also giving me directions on my GPS.

I wsa thinking after I posted that this is a good time to receive WWVH.

Though I remember, back when I spent more time listening to WWV, that WWVH
would come in fairly regularly. SInce the voice was female, and the voice
announcement was at a different time, you could hear it, and know it was
WWVH because it wsa a female announcer. The rest lined up really well, so
you didn't get a heterodyne, or double ticks.

For those who need their standard time fix tomorrow and Wednesday, CHU
keeps on ticking, though the odd frequencies made it less useful for
adjusting a crystal calibrator.

Michael

Old February 23rd 17, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael Black wrote: "
For those who need their standard time fix tomorrow and Wednesday, CHU
keeps on ticking, though the odd frequencies made it less useful for
adjusting a crystal calibrator.

Michael "

Ironic, ehh? That Canadian time station is so reliable,
yet the stations in the country WHERE THE ATOMIC
CLOCKS ARE ACTUALLY LOCATED have, over
the last 15 years, become hit or miss reception, here
on the east coast at least.

And can someone set me straight: From WHERE do
each of the following time stations transmit?...

WWV?

WWVB?

WWVH??
Old February 23rd 17, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You're a ****ing idiot.

have, over
the last 15 years, become hit or miss reception, here
on the east coast at least.

Especially when you don't even know what frequencies to tune in.
You've already explained that you don't understand the advanced math
required to tune a receiver to a station's frequency, because of your
shoe-sized IQ.

And can someone set me straight:

No, it's not possible. You're too ****ing stupid.

From WHERE do
each of the following time stations transmit?...

WWV?

WWVB?

WWVH??

WTF? WWYWSIEB? WAFA. FCKWAFA.