Old March 18th 17, 04:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
tom tom is offline

Default American Stations

Anyone listen to WWCR, WTWW or WBCQ?
i listen quite often and find they are doing great into Florida
Old March 18th 17, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

tom wrote:

Anyone listen to WWCR, WTWW or WBCQ?
i listen quite often and find they are doing great into Florida

Sure, I check in with Brother Stair from time to time but he's just not
as interesting as he used to be. I have to wonder how the SW
broadcasters will manage once the Prophet stops buying airtime. Given
that Brother Stair's fundraising is so closely coupled with false
predictions, I can't imagine he will continue on as a zombie broadcaster
like Pete Peters or Doc Scott.

Sadly, the real standouts of American K00k radio are gone. Even Alex
Jones, for all his bitching and fury, sounds like he'd like another trip
to Bohemian Grove, this time by invitation.

Wolverine Radio came in loud and clear last weekend.

Old March 18th 17, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

tom wrote:

Anyone listen to WWCR, WTWW or WBCQ?
i listen quite often and find they are doing great into Florida

Not exactly on your topic but "doing great" brought back a memory from
the early 80s when WRNO was broadcasting "internationally" on a
frequency in the 40 meter ham band. I take it that my area was on the
back lobe of their rhombic aimed at Central America and the Gulf. The
hams were complaining loudly about that thing. Not loudly enough to
overcome 100 kW AM music, though. I have a strong suspicion that they
"forgot" to terminate the rhombic. In the evening, that thing gave eye
tube deflections on the same order as the local 50 kW blowtorches.

The FCC soon moved them up, just above the 40 meter ham band.