Old May 6th 17, 08:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default My and DhiaDuet's Summer Vacation Itinerary

Many of you have inquired what are annual summer vacation plans are.

This years destination will be the Sunflower state Kansas.

Itinerary and sites etched in stone as of today:

Abilene, Kansas: Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Boyhood Home (very underrated President) https://www.eisenhower.archives.gov/about_us.html

Abilene, Kansas: The Crime Doctor and the Death Car (Bonnie & Clyde's death car"http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/56876

Mullinville, Kansas: Political Art of M.T. Liggett (a must see)http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11212

Wamego, Kansas: Oz Museum ("Toto we're not in Kansas anymore!")http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/15974

Dodge City, Kansas: Famous Gun Fighters Wax Museum http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/27662

Hutchinson, Kansas: Strataca: Underground Salt Museum (67 miles long and sealed inside a 400 ft. thick block of salt)http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/12232

Hutchinson, Kansas: Cosmosphere (largest collection of Russian space program and cosmonaut artifacts outside of Moscow, genuine Nazi VI and V2 rockets, replica Bell X-1 rocket plane, a "supersonic torture chair" Sonic Wind II rocket sled, and a Redstone missile atomic warhead) http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/15461

Concordia, Kansas: Boston Corbett (He Killed Lincoln's Killer, Then Lived In A Hole) Shot and killed John Wilkes Booth. Must visit and pay respects to anyone who castrated themselves with a pair of scissors! http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/16178

Lawrence, Kansas: Comanche, Little Bighorn Survivor (the only living thing the Calvary got back at the Battle of Little Big Horn) An equine Elvis revered in death as much as in life. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/3312

That will keep us busy for awhile but there will be additions.

Meanwhile DhiaDuet needs to compile a list of all restaurants that are being boycotted by the libtards because that is where we'll be eating our meals.. Also need a list of your liquor and beer requirements so I can pack the coolers.

Old May 7th 17, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 7:11:30 PM UTC-5, fred k. engels wrote:
Holcomb, Kansas

No thanks. Too cold and bloody there.

Truman Capote launches non-fiction novel genre.

Robert Blake launched to stardom. His role proved to be a dressed rehearsal to murder his wife in cold blood decades later.

Oh the irony.

R.I.P. Clutter family.
Old May 7th 17, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

M. T. Liggett movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbEXHvWCbLc

Bwahahahahahaha!!!
Old May 7th 17, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Adding:

Dodge City, Kansas: Boot Hill Museum: http://boothill.org/

Wichita, Kansas: Museum of World Treasures http://www.worldtreasures.org/index.php

Topeka, Kansas: Combat Air Museum http://www.combatairmuseum.org/

Hays, Kansas: Sternberg Museum of Natural History

Sedan, Kansas: Emmett Kelly Museum http://www.emmettkellymuseum.com/menu.html

Old May 7th 17, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 12:18:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Adding:

Dodge City, Kansas: Boot Hill Museum: http://boothill.org/

Wichita, Kansas: Museum of World Treasures http://www.worldtreasures.org/index.php

Topeka, Kansas: Combat Air Museum http://www.combatairmuseum.org/

Hays, Kansas: Sternberg Museum of Natural History

Sedan, Kansas: Emmett Kelly Museum http://www.emmettkellymuseum.com/menu.html

A few days ago I read somewhere on the Internet that the Kansas winter wheat crop is destroyed, because of bad weather. I lived in Salina, Kansas for about three months in the summer of 1957. In 1973 I bought a 1931 Ford Model A car from a guy in Sublette, Kansas. Watchin Hazel on TV. Hazel-Barbaras Uncle. imdb.com link to a poster said, Lord! Its A Mircale! Like A Fart in the Wind, Webpage Up And Gone!
Old May 7th 17, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

When you get to Lawrence, you might want to see how things have changed
at some of the sites Herk Harvey used in his movie "Carnival of Souls".

http://www.themoviedistrict.com/carnival-of-souls-1962/

I don't quite share the enthusisiam some film buffs have for Carnival,
but I can see how it influenced the work of George Romero and David
Lynch.
Old May 7th 17, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:58:57 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
When you get to Lawrence, you might want to see how things have changed
at some of the sites Herk Harvey used in his movie "Carnival of Souls".

http://www.themoviedistrict.com/carnival-of-souls-1962/

I don't quite share the enthusisiam some film buffs have for Carnival,
but I can see how it influenced the work of George Romero and David
Lynch.

truewestmagazine.com Were there any outlaws or cowboys who were disabled? ...Boots and shoes that don't fit right definetly will make a cripple out of you. I am goin back to the wagon folks, these boots are killin me! There were 'boot hills' everywhere, unless those people were buried bare footed. If some of those dead people were wearing nice looking boots/shoes, they probally got 'swapped out'
Old May 7th 17, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:37:18 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:58:57 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
When you get to Lawrence, you might want to see how things have changed
at some of the sites Herk Harvey used in his movie "Carnival of Souls".

http://www.themoviedistrict.com/carnival-of-souls-1962/

I don't quite share the enthusisiam some film buffs have for Carnival,
but I can see how it influenced the work of George Romero and David
Lynch.

truewestmagazine.com Were there any outlaws or cowboys who were disabled? ...Boots and shoes that don't fit right definetly will make a cripple out of you. I am goin back to the wagon folks, these boots are killin me! There were 'boot hills' everywhere, unless those people were buried bare footed. If some of those dead people were wearing nice looking boots/shoes, they probally got 'swapped out'

southernarizonaguide.com Is anyone really anyone buried in Boot Hill? ....Nobody in there now, wolves dug up and ate some of them. Boot Hill wasen't called Boot Hill untill the 1920s when the western movies made that name popular.
names and places Boot Hill ..there are at least 38 Boot Hills out there.
Old May 8th 17, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:58:57 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
When you get to Lawrence, you might want to see how things have changed
at some of the sites Herk Harvey used in his movie "Carnival of Souls".

http://www.themoviedistrict.com/carnival-of-souls-1962/

I don't quite share the enthusisiam some film buffs have for Carnival,
but I can see how it influenced the work of George Romero and David
Lynch.

Many years ago listening to Bo Gritiz on the shortwaves I recall him saying Lawrence (home of the Univ. of Kansas) has one of the largest gay populations in the nation.

The "Kansas Comet" AKA Gale Sayers ran 99 yds. for a touchdown against the Univ. of Nebraska Cornhuskers in Lincoln. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9omxdn9HAY

I know it's so because my parents were in the stands watching and told me all about when they got home.

Gale Sayers has been diagnosed with dementia. Very sad. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-with-dementia

Memo: DhiaDuet [email protected] Shortwave 21 February 7th 17 01:21 PM
Vacation Logs - 06/13/09 Mike[_2_] Shortwave 95 July 18th 09 07:46 AM
Bush Vacation I AmnotGeorgeBush CB 10 September 20th 05 01:53 AM
OT How I spent my summer vacation David Shortwave 38 September 13th 05 04:28 AM
AKC on vacation U Know Who CB 2 October 2nd 04 07:37 PM