Old July 7th 03, 04:50 AM
Burr

Default BBC on 5975. what happened?

What has happened to the BBC on 5975???

Burr

Old July 7th 03, 05:07 AM
Brian Denley

Nothing. It sounds great here in Boston. About 30-40 over S9.

--
Brian Denley

Old July 7th 03, 05:24 AM
Bill Beam

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:50:39 GMT, Burr wrote:

What has happened to the BBC on 5975???

Burr

Try the shortwave band - your AM radio won't work for that freq.

Old July 7th 03, 05:34 AM
Ray

It's doing fine. I'm listening it right now. They're talking about Liberian
President Charles Taylor and the offer by Nigeria to offer asylum.

I'm setting up my spam filters in anticipation of President Charles Taylor
trying to confidentially contact me to help him funnel 50 Million U.S.
dollars to a U.S. bank out of a Liberian bank.

Old July 7th 03, 06:18 AM
dxlover

Try the shortwave band - your AM radio won't work for that freq.

That was funny, but mean too. ;-)

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***

Old July 7th 03, 06:35 AM
Burr

I worked in Liberia for a few months a few years ago until the war
kicked up again. I know all those people and I'm wondering if I should
look into going back!

Had my YB400 with the wind-up antenna running out the window to a tree
and it worked great. The radio was one the few thing I had to enjoy
while I was there. I also had it in Egypt whit the antenna hanging out
the fifth floor window. Shortwave radio and I go way back to The Nam
where I got the news about America from "Radio Moscow" and the BBC.
Funny, I was in Greece a few months ago and I had the YB400 with the
antenna running out the balcony door to a nail in the wall and listened
to the BBC. Watched the "World Series on CNN and watched some dirty flicks.

A lot of my like is tied to my shortwave radio.

Burr
Grundig's Sat800&650,YB400&FR200
Drake SW8 Scanners BC 895&245XLT
Sangean DT110(for Ball Games)
Also Have a Clock Radio!!!
N35.3582
W117.4157
South Left Coast, U.S.A.

Old July 7th 03, 12:17 PM
Diverd4777

In article , Burr
writes:

I worked in Liberia for a few months a few years ago until the war
kicked up again. I know all those people and I'm wondering if I should
look into going back!

Sure, why not look into it !! Maybe things Will settle down in a few months..

Had my YB400 with the wind-up antenna running out the window to a tree

and it worked great. The radio was one the few thing I had to enjoy
while I was there. I also had it in Egypt whit the antenna hanging out
the fifth floor window. Shortwave radio and I go way back to The Nam
where I got the news about America from "Radio Moscow" and the BBC.
Funny, I was in Greece a few months ago and I had the YB400 with the
antenna running out the balcony door to a nail in the wall and listened
to the BBC.

A lot of my like is tied to my shortwave radio.

Burr, This is good to hear; I thought it was Just me !

Whenever I go ANYwhere I take my 606A along;
-Hiking in the woods & seeing what bounces down from the Ionosphere..

Sitting in a cheap motel after Diving in The Hamptons & Listening to WBCQ;

( Tasha , TimTron & A.W.W. are my favorites)

Even when I was Diving in the Carribbean, staying in a seedy motel,
( My Favorite !!) I drag my 606A & the AN-LP1 Along..

Haven't had the chance to work overseas, but if I did, I'd take
it all along..

Burr
Grundig's Sat800&650,YB400&FR200
Drake SW8 Scanners BC 895&245XLT
Sangean DT110(for Ball Games)
Also Have a Clock Radio!!!
N35.3582
W117.4157
South Left Coast, U.S.A.

Aint nothing like Shortwave...

Dan
( Icom R-75,
Sangean 606A,
DT110 & a Car Radio)
Lost In America...
Old July 7th 03, 09:50 PM
N8KDV

Some of you folk here are so frickin lame that you can't even understand
that there was a solar flare that wiped things out around that time.

The absolute lameness of many of you here just totally amazes me...

The number of posts here that have pointed out to anyone concerned of
the propagation alerts that are available... it just blows my mind...

Sunny beaches... if ya don't know what the hell is going on, then at
least do a bit of study....

"Burr" wrote in message
What has happened to the BBC on 5975???

Burr

I lost 5975 abruptly here in North Jersey some time
around 0300 last night as well.

Old July 7th 03, 10:15 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Some of you folk here are so frickin lame that you can't even understand
that there was a solar flare that wiped things out around that time.

The absolute lameness of many of you here just totally amazes me...

The number of posts here that have pointed out to anyone concerned of
the propagation alerts that are available... it just blows my mind...

Sunny beaches... if ya don't know what the hell is going on, then at
least do a bit of study....

Calm down Steve. This was sudden, like the station
going off the air. Coming in good - then nothing.
The rest of the band was noisy but still working.

That's the way the solar flare works... sudden fadeout... you should know that
yourself.

Old July 7th 03, 10:41 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

That's the way the solar flare works... sudden fadeout... you should know that
yourself.

RHC, or something a lot like it was still coming in OK on 6 MHz.
Pretty selective flare.

Not necessarily selective... if you knew propagation, you might understand that the
flare might disrupt e-w paths and not necessarilr n-s paths. At the same time the
flare might disrupt short path signals, versus long path signals, and vice versa.

Some other lamer on the group reported a BBC Antigua drop-out
in 19 meters on Sunday, so I just figured
maybe the same thing happened. Thanks for setting me straight.

Army Radio Sales in UK, what has happened to this company? DEMOSTENES A. Goksøyr Boatanchors 0 May 17th 04 09:20 AM
What happened to EHam ?? HK Equipment 0 April 19th 04 02:58 AM
What Happened to Boatanchor Classifeds ?? Roy Boatanchors 5 December 1st 03 07:41 PM
What Ever Happened To Burr Scanner 0 July 12th 03 08:13 PM
What Happened To The Radio Shack Multiband Self-Powered Radio, Catalog Number 12-803 kronos Shortwave 1 July 7th 03 02:14 AM