Old July 7th 03, 10:47 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

That's the way the solar flare works... sudden fadeout... you should know that
yourself.

RHC, or something a lot like it was still coming in OK on 6 MHz.
Pretty selective flare.

Some other lamer on the group reported a BBC Antigua drop-out
in 19 meters on Sunday, so I just figured
maybe the same thing happened. Thanks for setting me straight.

What a frickin dumbass you are... I didn't report a solar fadeout... I reported a
transmitter fault.... the only 'lamer' is you Larry...

There's a big damn difference between a transmitter fault and dropout and a solar
fadeout or blackout... get back to us Larry when you get a grip on the difference.

Old July 7th 03, 10:52 PM
Larry Ozarow

N8KDV wrote:

There's a big damn difference between a transmitter fault and dropout and a solar
fadeout or blackout... get back to us Larry when you get a grip on the difference.

I'll get a better grip when you explain how to tell the difference
when a signal suddenly disappears in the presence of other sigs
from the same general area 125 kHz away.
Old July 7th 03, 10:53 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Not necessarily selective... if you knew propagation, you might understand that the
flare might disrupt e-w paths and not necessarilr n-s paths. At the same time the
flare might disrupt short path signals, versus long path signals, and vice versa.

That would be a more convincing if Cuba and Antigua
were a little farther apart than they actually are relative
to New Jersey.

Ahhhhh... New Jersey... explains it all... :-)

Old July 7th 03, 10:55 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

There's a big damn difference between a transmitter fault and dropout and a solar
fadeout or blackout... get back to us Larry when you get a grip on the difference.

I'll get a better grip when you explain how to tell the difference
when a signal suddenly disappears in the presence of other sigs
from the same general area 125 kHz away.

You know as well as I that there are some propagational anomalies that cannot be
explained... stop playing dumb...

Old July 7th 03, 10:58 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

There's a big damn difference between a transmitter fault and dropout and a solar
fadeout or blackout... get back to us Larry when you get a grip on the difference.

I'll get a better grip when you explain how to tell the difference
when a signal suddenly disappears in the presence of other sigs
from the same general area 125 kHz away.

You still haven't explained your criticism of my report of some transmitter faults....
idiot... frickin retard... when you can report as well as I can... raise your hand...

Old July 7th 03, 11:02 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Guess you just don't get it Larry... I apologise...

No Steve, you don't get it. All I said in my first
post was that BBC on 5975 suddenly disappeared last
night some time after 0300. I didn't offer any theory
as to why, I just concurred with the OP that I observed
the same thing. YOU replied with a nasty post about
morons not knowing anything about solar flares.
Maybe it was a solar flare, maybe it was the perfidious
Frenchmen, the fact is the BBC signal on 5975 cut out
suddenly last night.

Perhaps, all I profered up was a criticism of the fact that propagation
should be checked, I think you took it to the other end of the
spectrum....

My take on it... others may disagree.

Old July 7th 03, 11:15 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Guess you just don't get it Larry... I apologise...

No Steve, you don't get it.

I've gotten most of it already... perhaps that's a bit of braggadocio on
my part (run for your dictionary!)

All I said in my first
post was that BBC on 5975 suddenly disappeared last
night some time after 0300. I didn't offer any theory
as to why,

I did offer a theory as to why. (You disagreed)

I just concurred with the OP that I observed
the same thing. YOU replied with a nasty post about
morons not knowing anything about solar flares.

Morons do indeed know nothing about solar flares, would you like to
argue that point?

Maybe it was a solar flare, maybe it was the perfidious
Frenchmen,

Obviously you do not like, or have a dislike of Frenchmen...

the fact is the BBC signal on 5975 cut out
suddenly last night.

Yes, it did, on that we can agree...

Old July 7th 03, 11:29 PM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

No Steve, you don't get it. All I said in my first
post was that BBC on 5975 suddenly disappeared last
night some time after 0300. I didn't offer any theory
as to why, I just concurred with the OP that I observed
the same thing. YOU replied with a nasty post about
morons not knowing anything about solar flares.
Maybe it was a solar flare, maybe it was the perfidious
Frenchmen, the fact is the BBC signal on 5975 cut out
suddenly last night.

Larry just does not understand that I've been DX'ing for a good number
of years.

I'd compare my credentials to his any day of the week.

As George Bush has said: Bring it on.

Old July 7th 03, 11:54 PM
Larry Ozarow

N8KDV wrote:

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Larry Ozarow wrote:

Larry just does not understand that I've been DX'ing for a good number
of years.

I'd compare my credentials to his any day of the week.

As George Bush has said: Bring it on.

Ok. I got my first SW radio 40 years ago this fall.

Let's get together and see how far each of us can still ****!

OK. Lets meet at the airport lounge in Antigua. I'll aim
at Michigan and you aim at New Jersey, and we'll check
the weather reports from each.
Old July 8th 03, 12:10 AM
N8KDV

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Larry Ozarow wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Larry Ozarow wrote:

Larry just does not understand that I've been DX'ing for a good number
of years.

I'd compare my credentials to his any day of the week.

As George Bush has said: Bring it on.

Ok. I got my first SW radio 40 years ago this fall.

Let's get together and see how far each of us can still ****!

OK. Lets meet at the airport lounge in Antigua. I'll aim
at Michigan and you aim at New Jersey, and we'll check
the weather reports from each.

Huh?

Army Radio Sales in UK, what has happened to this company? DEMOSTENES A. Goksøyr Boatanchors 0 May 17th 04 09:20 AM
What happened to EHam ?? HK Equipment 0 April 19th 04 02:58 AM
What Happened to Boatanchor Classifeds ?? Roy Boatanchors 5 December 1st 03 07:41 PM
What Ever Happened To Burr Scanner 0 July 12th 03 08:13 PM
What Happened To The Radio Shack Multiband Self-Powered Radio, Catalog Number 12-803 kronos Shortwave 1 July 7th 03 02:14 AM