Old July 13th 03, 11:41 PM
Scott H.

Default Grundig Yacht Boy 300PE

Hello,

I'm considering purchasing a Grundig Yacht Boy 300PE portable shortwave
radio. This would be my first shortwave radio. Does anyone have any
reviews or comments about the 300PE that would help me make a decision? I
looked at the Yacht Boy 400PE, and like that it has continuous shortwave
coverage, SSB reception, and a few other features the 300PE doesn't have,
but I don't think I can justify spending the extra money on the 400PE.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,
Scott H.

Old July 14th 03, 12:19 AM
AbbN

Hi,

I had one of these (until the 400PE went on sale a few weeks later - I
yielded to temptation g). It was better and more sensitive than I expected
it to be. I almost still wish I had it because it fit nicely into my shirt
pocket. If all you're going to listen to is general broadcast, it will do
the job. It sounds pretty good with a good set of headphones too.
--
Take Care
Abb N

. com...

Old July 18th 03, 04:31 AM
RHF

SH,

The Grundig Yacht Boy 400 PE is better radio that the Grundig Yacht
Boy 300 PE. The YB400 an can be found at a "Discount" for about the
full retail price of a YB300. For a 1st Shortwave Radio or a Travel
Shortwave Radio the YB-400 is the better radio of the two. It will
allow you to explore more of what Shortwave Listenning is all about
and the sound coming from the speaker is simply eaiser to listen to
and more enjoyable.

The ShortwaveStore.Com has 'Refurbished' YB-400-PEs for about $100
GoTo= http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3034669767

Check eBay for both New and Used Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios.
- - - Try an eBay Search-On 'grundig yacht boy' or 'grundig yb'

This eBay Seller "AZ Vaquero" usually has several New Grundig Radios
of all types 'For Auction' that are shipped directly from the
warehouse.
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...erid=azvaquero

~ RHF
..
-o/m- "Grundig Yacht Boy Radios" eGroup at YAHOO !
(Looking Forward to the Release of the Yacht Boy YB-550 PE in
June-2003.)
..
-o/m- "Grundig S350" eGroup at YAHOO !
* The Next Generation of SUPER RADIO for the New Millennium !
* Alas, Nothing more than 'reasonably size' Broad Cast Listener's
Radio.
..
-o/m- "Grundig Satellit 900" eGroup at YAHOO !
(In Development - Pending the Release of the GS900 in 4th QTR-2003.)
..
-o/m- "Kenwood R-5000" eGroup at YAHOO !
The Culmination of Kenwood's World Band Receivers a True "BenchMark".
..
..
= = = "Scott H."