Old September 5th 03, 02:51 AM
TailGator

Default Antenna Question

Thanks MM...R75 has direct longwire connect - I count 3- 45 degree turns
from feedpoint to long stretch in backyard...wondering if that will hapmer
reception...

"TailGator" wrote in message
Dipole or longwire?

Have the Grove Skywire, but had to shorten it to about 45 ft due to lack

of
space (end fed w/coax) and not happy with reception and noise. To put a
longwire directly to the back of radio, I would be making several turns

and
corners - will this hamper reception? What's the best antenna for a 40-45

ft
run? Running 2 radios thru a Grove TUN-4 - Icom R75 and Drake SW-8 -
looking for suggestions and ideas - thanks!

John

Question...mobile antenna "thinking out of the box"... M-Tech CB 19 August 19th 04 12:46 AM
Antenna Question Chris CB 0 August 5th 04 06:39 PM
glass mount antenna question Dan Scanner 3 November 1st 03 04:40 PM
Outdoor Antenna and lack of intermod Soliloquy Scanner 11 October 11th 03 01:36 AM