Old December 1st 03, 10:08 PM
tommyknocker

Charles Hawtrey wrote:

"David Mills" staggered to the nearest
keyboard and wrote:

If ANYONE can find a way to filter out the right wing/religious zealots from
my radio(s) I would be most interested..would even pay good money!!!!!!

Just tune away from them. It's not like they can hijack your radio in
the same way that a virus can hijack your computer. Although I hardly
ever agree with anything they say, I would definitely be against any
attempt to censor them.

Free speech IS guaranteed in America. The point is not to protect the
majority view but to protect minority views, although some politicians
tend to forget that. Anyway, the zealots are easy to identify once
you've been twirling dials for a while.

If you really are willing to pay, maybe I can find a way to tune your
radio remotely. :-)

The CIA/Jews/reptilians already have that capability. That's why our
friend Artaud always finds himself listening to the BBC.

Old December 1st 03, 10:50 PM
Beloved Leader

"David Mills" wrote in message hlink.net..

I currently have a Realistic DX-360.

I live in the Northeast US and I am mostly interested in getting Radio
Canada, Radio Switzerland and Radio France International.

Radio Canada is no sweat. Radio Switzerland: too bad. Am I mistaken,
or does 9580 kHz have French language broadcasting when Radio
Australia is not using that frequency? Is that RFI?

RFI drive-by links:

http://www.rfi.fr/
or, in some other language:
http://www.rfi.fr/fichiers/Langues/rfi_anglais_main.asp

The second site has a schedule of English language broadcasts, mostly
to Africa.

http://www.rfi.fr/Fichiers/ecouter/frequences.asp
Note the red book on the right hand side of the page. It has schedules
and frequencies in .pdf format. Cliquez ici, si vous plait.
http://www.rfi.fr/Fichiers/ecouter/F...r2003_2004.pdf

Lastly..has anyone noticed the strong proliferation of evangelistic
religious type radio stations on short wave?

Gosh, no. When did that start, I wonder.

I went to a radio shack today ... the salesman knew nothing [about the Grundig]

Choc!
Old December 27th 03, 07:46 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article .net,
says...
Hi..

I have really enjoyed reading the feed back on my first post (need advice
for a short wave radio). Had no idea there was so much technical knowledge
involved!! You guys sure know your stuff.

I did not mention the model and make of my current radio. I currently have
a Realistic DX-360. It has analog tuning 6 separate short wave bands as
well as am and fm. There is a jack for dc current and an ear phone jack.
There is NO jack for an external antenna. A telescoping antenna comes out
to about 3 feet length or so.

I am not very happy with this radio due to lots of fading in and out and
only the strong stations come in at all.

I live in the Northeast US and I am mostly interested in getting Radio
Canada, Radio Switzerland and Radio France International. Anything else is
gravy!! I really want to keep price under a hundred.

Lastly..has anyone noticed the strong proliferation of evangelistic
religious type radio stations on short wave? does many folks really listen
to them? Wish I could filter them out but oh well!!

I went to a radio shack today and asked to see a Grundig Yacht boy 300. I
saw it. Trouble is..the salesman new nothing about the features. Hmmm..dont
like buying from a place with unknoledgable salesman!

If digital tuning and portability are not factors in your decision, you
can get a DX-160. It's not portable, but it supports an external
antenna and it works very nicely. Great sound, too.

If you need a digital portable, and you can stretch your budget some,
get the Yacht Boy 400.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:

Please visit the following sites:

American Shortwave Listening Club (ASWLC)

Southern California Area DXers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scads