Old December 15th 03, 11:30 PM
elfa

Default Superadio II/III FM question for the experts

I don't know why but when I tune in a station on my Superadio II, then tune in a
station that's 10.8 megacycles lower on a digital FM radio just 3 feet away, the
Superadio II looses the station it's tuned to. It's so sudden, that it's almost
like you've turned the Super II off. You can tune it to any other station and
get reception normally...just not a station that 10.8 megs above whatever the
digital radio is turned to.

Is it just my Super II or can someone else try it to see if it happens to them?

thanks

elfa

Old December 16th 03, 12:02 AM
Brenda Ann

"elfa" wrote in message
I don't know why but when I tune in a station on my Superadio II, then

tune in a
station that's 10.8 megacycles lower on a digital FM radio just 3 feet

away, the
Superadio II looses the station it's tuned to. It's so sudden, that it's

almost
like you've turned the Super II off. You can tune it to any other station

and
get reception normally...just not a station that 10.8 megs above whatever

the
digital radio is turned to.

Is it just my Super II or can someone else try it to see if it happens to

them?

The Super II is locking in on the local oscillator from your other radio
(which is actually 10.7 MHz above a given frequency, but the AFC on the SRII
will lock in on it anyway).

Old December 16th 03, 01:52 AM
elfa

In article , Brenda Ann says...

"elfa" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Brenda...I thought it had to be something of that nature.

elfa

question re GE Superadio III static ronaug Dx 2 December 10th 04 04:55 PM
question re GE Superadio III static ronaug Dx 0 December 9th 04 04:40 PM
Another Superadio II question elfa Shortwave 1 September 14th 03 03:16 PM
Superadio II question elfa Shortwave 14 September 13th 03 09:06 PM
WTB: Original box for Superadio II Frank Bals Shortwave 4 September 12th 03 02:14 PM