Old December 20th 03, 11:47 AM
Inter1097

Default 252 Dublin, Ireland

Hello, I was just thinking to myselff "Gee I havn't listend to Atlantic 252
in a long time"so, browsing around looking for a website and possibly a stream
of atlantic 252. But much to my suprise, the station doesnt exist anymore! In
fact, another station has come and gone on that frequency since called Teamtalk
252. what I would like to know is, what is broadcasting from 252 Dublin these
days?

I would also like to know if there are any audio files to be heard of the final
moments of Atlantic 252.

FYI: I used to listen to Atlantic 252 from here in the USA by tuning one of
the Swedish based radios at javaradio.com

Any help would be appriciated, thanks!

Tony
Old December 20th 03, 12:02 PM
N8KDV

http://www.rte.ie/radio/tuning.html

the Swedish based radios at javaradio.com

the Swedish based radios at javaradio.com

Any help would be appriciated, thanks!

Tony

Tony

RTE was start from 252 in 2004.

See this from the station:

On behalf of RTÉ can I acknowledge your contribution to our longwave 252
tests and apologise for the delay in reporting back to you. The tests have
concluded for the time being and our next objective is to bring the issue to
decision.

It has been fantastic to read your responses; from those with a professional
or collegiate interest; from those hearing echoes from home; from those with
an interest in Ireland and from those who simply liked the programmes.
Sincere thanks to you all!

Unfortunately, the volume of responses we have collated and mapped means
that we cannot respond individually. However, below are some short answers
to the most frequent questions you asked.

FAQs

Where is the transmitter?
Summerhill, Co. Meath, Ireland

What service is proposed?
Transmission of RTÉ Radio 1 - a talk and music channel from Ireland's public
service broadcaster that is the most popular in the country. The station is
particularly strong in spoken content and public interaction.

When will you make a decision/go on air?
We envisage presenting a proposal to our Authority (Governing Body) by the
year end and, if approved, starting the service in Spring 2004 (perhaps
there may be an appropriate date in the middle of March?!). I will mail you
when we have a decision.

How will you decide?
The basic factors a
* Desire to provide All Ireland service on one frequency - related to
Good
Friday agreement and exchange of cultures on our island.
* Concurrent benefit of transmission to UK - to serve the Irish
community
there and to bring our output to a new audience.
* Potential demand for the service. We know that RTÉ has a strong
audience
at home but the wider audience remains unknown. Your mails have been
extremely instructive and encouraging in this respect.
* Cost of service - the power bill alone for a LW service is
considerable.
* Mix of existing services. Overseas, RTÉ radio broadcasts its four
services
on Satellite to the UK and Ireland, Radio 1 is also available throughout
Europe on satellite and segments of R1 output are on Satellite throughout
the world. We have to be sure that our mix of services is as effective as
possible.

Thanks once again - hopefully you'll hear from us soon!

John Paul Coakley
Head of Operations
RTÉ Radio

For more on RTÉ Radio please see the link below

(http://www.rte.ie/radio/index.html)

Old December 21st 03, 04:31 PM
Simon Mason

"Inter1097" wrote in message

I would also like to know if there are any audio files to be heard of the

final
moments of Atlantic 252.

You can hear the final moments of TeamTalk 252 he
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page466.htm

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby