Old January 8th 04, 05:11 PM
N8KDV

Kenneth wrote:

Eric F. Richards wrote in message . ..
"phil " wrote:

Hello... phil?

.

I see Bob Sherwood relatively frequently at hamfests and keep bugging
him to put the R-75 specs into his high-end receiver comparison table.
Eventually... (he just laughed when I tried to sell him my R-75!)

Do you know that the Ten Tec RX340 and R-75 passport laboratory
measurements were conducted in your friend Bob Sherwood laboratory?
Here Bob RX-340 [$3,999]test findings:The sync selectable sideband
lose look relatively
easily,Passport recomend an external Sherwood SE-3 [500.00],poor
dynamic range,static crashes sound harsher than on analog
receivers.Spurious signal noted around 6MHZ segment,notch filter does
not work in AM,Sync selectable sideband or ISB modes,Noise blanker not
effective ect, ect, ect,
Maybe he recalled this RX-340 test when he laughed at you in
the hamfest.About his R-75 test:Oustanding rejection of spurious
signals,reception of faint signals alongside powerful competing ones ,
ultimate selectivity and good dynamic range.If you or anyone here keep
trying to put down the R-75 with subjetive statements I will react
with your own resources.

I've really got to tell you what blows my mind! It's the fact that you and many others who claim to 'own' an
R75 keep writing it up as a 'R-75'. Do you ever get to use the radio and look at the front panel?

It's an R75, at least it says so on the front. Or, is the problem that you've always got it apart trying to
fix its shortcomings that you never actually get to look at the front of the radio?

Wondering...

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

Old January 8th 04, 08:14 PM
Eric F. Richards

(Kenneth) wroted:

Do you know that the Ten Tec RX340 and R-75 passport laboratory
measurements were conducted in your friend Bob Sherwood laboratory?

Do you speak english? Are you dyslexic? What drugs are you ON?

Here Bob RX-340 [$3,999]test findings:

Wrong price.

The sync selectable sideband
lose look relatively
easily,

Early firmware fix.

Passport recomend an external Sherwood SE-3 [500.00],

For most radios, and for those they don't it's often because the
combined cost will put you into another radio's class.

poor
dynamic range,

The 81 dB is killing me. If I mod it I can get 100 dB at 5 kHz.

static crashes sound harsher than on analog
receivers.

They do. It's shortwave radio -- shut up and deal.

Spurious signal noted around 6MHZ segment,

A SINGLE, weak, spur. I've never found it, BTW.

notch filter does
not work in AM,Sync selectable sideband or ISB modes,Noise blanker not
effective ect, ect, ect,

Firmware fix, Kenneth. Maybe you should check what's going on before
you wroted anything down.

Maybe he recalled this RX-340 test when he laughed at you in
the hamfest.About his R-75 test:Oustanding rejection of spurious
signals,reception of faint signals alongside powerful competing ones ,
ultimate selectivity and good dynamic range.If you or anyone here keep
trying to put down the R-75 with subjetive statements I will react
with your own resources.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

You go play with your R-75, all features, no basic performance play
toy while the rest of us use real radios. I do believe that the front
panel of an RX-240 is too complex for you to use, though, so don't
bother trying to actually use the features.

--
Eric F. Richards,

"This book reads like a headache on paper."
http://www.cnn.com/2001/CAREER/readi...one/index.html
Old January 9th 04, 01:37 AM
RHF

N8KDV,

Your are Right )

It is the Icom IC-R75 [.]

So I Guess I Need to go to the Black Board and Write Icom IC-R75 x 100 [.]

Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75

[...]

there, There. THERE! I Feel All Better Now )

A Proud Icom IC-R75 {R-75} Owner - The Icom IC-R75: Its "MY" Radio !
[ Honestly, Forget the Facts and Tecnical Data - Its How I FEEL ! ]

jftfoi ~ RHF
..
..
= = = N8KDV
= = = wrote in message ...
Kenneth wrote:

Eric F. Richards wrote in message . ..
"phil " wrote:

Hello... phil?
.

Old January 9th 04, 05:13 AM
Telamon

In article ,
N8KDV wrote:

Kenneth wrote:

Eric F. Richards wrote in message
. ..
"phil " wrote:

Hello... phil?
.

[...]

Just another IC-R75 " HACK " I mean R-75 modification.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 9th 04, 05:42 AM
phil :)

hi HFguy:

i made a couple good friends from RRS and spent some of 2003 reading RF
electronics, doing experiments, and designing a MW receiver... it's been
fun.

regards,
phil

Old January 9th 04, 05:43 AM
phil :)

howdy Linus:

I'm STILL looking for replacement surface mount LED's for that damned
display!

e-mail me, i'll pass along my idea and if it pans out we can share it with
the R75 Yahoo Group.

regards,
phil
Old January 9th 04, 05:44 AM
phil :)

hi Telamon:

my purpose was not to belittle. you're correct, specs can be deceiving.
does someone sell a $600 K2 for a $3300 Orion if under their conditions it
yields only 0.2% more IDs? possibly. you would be successful with any
receiver because you understand RF environment, antennas, propagation
patterns, etc.

regards,
phil
Old January 9th 04, 07:11 AM
HFguy

RHF wrote:

[...]

I bet you typed all those "Icom IC-R75" lines individually. :-)

Old January 9th 04, 12:14 PM
Dakota

Icom has quality control problems. Thay work great, when thay work.

Bill, N5NOB

I own a second hand one, for over 14 months now.
It never let me down, i think it´s a fine reciever with great performance.
Of course it´s not comparable with some $4000 + professional receivers, but
for what i´ve spend on it i´ve got a lot of fun.
I´m not into electronics, and i can´t tell the difference between a
capacitor and a resistor but i´ve modded mine with the AGC/SAM mods just for
fun.
Before the mods it was a fine receiver, comparable with my Lowe HF-225, and
now it´s even better.

Bjern , SWL6001NL
Holland

Icom IC-R75
Icom IC-R70
Lowe HF-225
Sangean ATS909
Icom IC-R5
Aimor TR-105
UBC 780XLT

Old January 9th 04, 01:24 PM
Kenneth

Eric F. Richards wrote in message
Do you know that the Ten Tec RX340 and R-75 passport laboratory
measurements were conducted in your friend Bob Sherwood laboratory?

The sync selectable sideband
lose look relatively
easily,

Early firmware fix.

Passport in the evaluation of revised model page:A number of issues
persist:synchronous selectable sideband doesn't hold lock as well as
it should and various feature are limited by mode choice.In read in
the ten tec RX- 350 yahoo group that they are still waiting for some
of those "firmware fixings"
Passport recomend an external Sherwood SE-3 [500.00],

For most radios, and for those they don't it's often because the
combined cost will put you into another radio's class.

poor
dynamic range,

The 81 dB is killing me. If I mod it I can get 100 dB at 5 kHz.

Check the ten tec site page for the RX340 dynamic range and blocking
lab numbers
static crashes sound harsher than on analog
receivers.

They do. It's shortwave radio -- shut up and deal.

notch filter does
not work in AM,Sync selectable sideband or ISB modes,Noise blanker not
effective ect, ect, ect,

Firmware fix, Kenneth. Maybe you should check what's going on before
you wroted anything down.

Where I can read about this latest "firmware fixes" to the syn det?
Maybe he recalled this RX-340 test when he laughed at you in
the hamfest.About his R-75 test:Oustanding rejection of spurious
signals,reception of faint signals alongside powerful competing ones ,
ultimate selectivity and good dynamic range.If you or anyone here keep
trying to put down the R-75 with subjetive statements I will react
with your own resources.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

I don't did the test, you are insulting the wrong guy.
You go play with your R-75, all features, no basic performance play
toy while the rest of us use real radios. I do believe that the front
panel of an RX-240 is too complex for you to use, though, so don't
bother trying to actually use the features.

Yes for me any radio is a toy to play with it,a hobby,something to
have fun.Insulting [or trying to insult] people because they don't
like your expensive toy is a childish behavior.
Do you see what happens when you you try to "put
down" others receivers with sarcastic arguments and you have a glass
roof? .You get upset and start insulting everyone that don't like your
radio.You a suppposed respetable and honorable gentleman are only
projecting your repressed desires in your insults.One more point: To
insult people is the first sign of a poor argument. If you call
someone a loser, or an idiot it indicates that you don't have anything
intelligent to say and you are far less likely to attract support than
if you concentrate on the discussion topic.People who frequently base
their arguments around lines like "get a life" don't tend to be taken
too seriously.Relax we are talking only about a radio.
With best regards:
Ken