Old January 9th 04, 06:32 PM
RHF

HF Guy,

"I bet you typed all those "Icom IC-R75" lines individually. :-)"

yes, Yes. YES ! - Using My "Dueling Two Finger Typing" Style ) - -

Butt Hay ! - I Own a Icom IC-R75 - Its "MY Radio !
{ aka: R-75 = The RAaa Dasha Seventee Fiva }

jftfoi ~ RHF
..
..
= = = HFguy
= = = wrote in message ...
RHF wrote:

N8KDV,

Your are Right )

It is the Icom IC-R75 [.]

So I Guess I Need to go to the Black Board and Write Icom IC-R75 x 100 [.]

Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75 Icom IC-R75

[...]

there, There. THERE! I Feel All Better Now )

A Proud Icom IC-R75 {R-75} Owner - The Icom IC-R75: Its "MY" Radio !
[ Honestly, Forget the Facts and Tecnical Data - Its How I FEEL ! ]

jftfoi ~ RHF

I bet you typed all those "Icom IC-R75" lines individually. :-)

Butt Hay ! - I Own a Icom IC-R75 - Its "MY Radio !
{ aka: R-75 = The RAaa Dasha Seventee Fiva }

Icom R-75 Icom R-75 Icom R-75 Icom R-75 Icom R-75 Icom R-75
[...]

sorry, Sorry. SORRY ! - I Just Had To Do It ! - "R-75" Forever !

.

.

..
Old January 10th 04, 05:40 AM
Pete KE9OA

Thanks Phil! The MCL rep stopped over today, and I got to demo the
engineering unit. He did like it.

pete

phil wrote in message
news
howdy Pete!

Hey Phil..............maybe we should really mod
up the R75 and call it an R76!

i'm more excited about your radio... very clean design!

regards,
phil

Old January 10th 04, 05:41 AM
Pete KE9OA

Thanks! it has been a learning experience!

Pete

starman wrote in message
Pete KE9OA wrote:

Those sync detectors have been the hardest part of this radio design!
Compared to my current iterations, the Icom R75 sync detector is a gem.

This
gives you an idea of just how bad my sync detectors are! I'll get them
running.........they are only a collection of parts!

You're learning why so few receivers have been made with a good sync'
detector.
Keep up the good work.

Old January 10th 04, 06:09 AM
Pete KE9OA

It would be cool to have RGB LEDs, with a way to change the color throughout
the spectrum.

Pete

phil wrote in message
news
howdy Linus:

I'm STILL looking for replacement surface mount LED's for that damned
display!

e-mail me, i'll pass along my idea and if it pans out we can share it with
the R75 Yahoo Group.

regards,
phil

Old January 11th 04, 01:26 AM
phil :)

hi Pete:

It would be cool to have RGB LEDs, with a way to
change the color throughout the spectrum.

that would be cool. like those modern Christmas trees.

regards,
phil

Old January 11th 04, 05:46 AM
phil :)

You. Are. An. Idiot.

You go play with your R-75, all features, no basic
performance play toy while the rest of us use real
radios.

you're pandering Eric. your R75 overloaded; however, you conveniently
forgot the details. you were LW DXing using a 1000' wire that was
"abandoned" because it was aimed at a 50kW MW blowtorch. you botched using
your spectrum analyzer, bought filters, then got an owner of the well
respected R8B to drive across the state; only it too overloaded by 40 dB.
instead of pondering you badmouthed the R75 and R8B, claiming that both
were not "real radios". only an experienced DXer, Steve, and others got you
to shut your pie hole. we told you the antenna was resonant on MW and to
use a LW loop, but why admit a mistake when you can blame an inanimate
object. denial is not just a river in Egypt. you call Ken an idiot but he
modded his radio and hand built a K9AY loop. about the only thing you've
proven to be an expert at is phoning your credit card number in to the
TenTec facility.

73s,
phil

Old January 11th 04, 08:44 AM
starman

Pete KE9OA wrote:

I haven't heard from you, so I will assume that you did receive the info.

Pete

I got them Pete. Thanks a lot. I haven't studied the schematic too much
but I was wondering what changes (if any) would be needed to use the
sync' detector with a 50-Khz I.F.?

Old January 11th 04, 11:34 AM
c.foster

like eric and les said ITS JUST A RADIO i have 4 or 5 and none of then are
the "best" but each one is better at certain things than the others!!!!

just my 2 cents
chuck

p.s. why all the bashing and name calling??????
just turn on your radio and listen to it instead of fighting!!

Subject: Icom R-75 question
From: Eric F. Richards
Date: 1/11/2004 10:00 AM Central Standard Time
"phil " wrote:

You. Are. An. Idiot.

You go play with your R-75, all features, no basic
performance play toy while the rest of us use real
radios.

you're pandering Eric.

No I'm not. The quotes Kenneth wroted [sic] are taken way out of
context.

If you go by Passport criteria alone (which I don't, BTW, and you
remember that) the T-T was a "Passport's Choice" and the '75 was not.

your R75 overloaded; however, you conveniently
forgot the details.

I think my lack of forgetting is well documented. Do you want me to
quote them, again?

you were LW DXing using a 1000' wire that was
"abandoned" because it was aimed at a 50kW MW blowtorch.

No, it was "abandoned" because of a government project that ended.
Such things happen all the time in government facilities -- after a
project is done, the equipment is abandoned in place.

you botched using
your spectrum analyzer,

Judgement call. I didn't succeed in what I wanted to do, but that's a
long way from "botching" it.

bought filters, then got an owner of the well
respected R8B to drive across the state; only it too overloaded by 40

dB.

It did. But much more gracefully than the R75.

instead of pondering you badmouthed the R75 and R8B, claiming that both
were not "real radios".

I never made that claim. And I reported here EXACTLY the results I
got. I "badmouthed" the R75 because of my experience with it.

only an experienced DXer, Steve, and others got you
to shut your pie hole.

I've plonked Steve. I respect the R8B; I even respect the R75,
believe it or not. But I will not look at either radio as perfection,
sorry. For that matter, I don't look at my T-T as perfection, either.

we told you the antenna was resonant on MW and to
use a LW loop, but why admit a mistake when you can blame an inanimate
object.

That's an interesting judgement. Which frequency is that wire
resonant on? All of them?

denial is not just a river in Egypt. you call Ken an idiot but he
modded his radio and hand built a K9AY loop.

I call Ken an idiot because he can't spew out a coherent english
sentence, AND he's bashing a radio he never used. Got news for you,
doc, I've used the R75. I got a crack at the R8B. I've used the
FRG-100, and I've used the RX-340. Nothing beats actually USING the
radios.

Now, if Ken wants to put the two radios in perspective, then I might
respect what he has to say, but he doesn't.

about the only thing you've
proven to be an expert at is phoning your credit card number in to the
TenTec facility.

Actually I went down there and talked to the engineers about their
design. They were more than willing to go over it with me. Have you
spoken to any engineers at ICOM about the myriad mods you had to do to
get the radio up to spec?

73s,

Ha! "F*ck you, best regards." Nice try.

phil

Don't be such an asshole. Have you gotten your 6790? It might be an
educational experience.

Look. Try not to worship a radio. It's a RADIO, nothing more. I
have said before and I'll say again, that the R75 is a fine receiver,
within its limits. But ICOM spent too much time adding features and
not enough time with the basics. Drake spent much more time with the
basics, THEN added the features -- proof of that can be seen by the
evolution of the sync detector and the user interface.

I like my ICOM R8500, despite its hideous flaws, because it got the
basics right, and one of the basics it got right was that it has a
brick wall for a front end. It also has excellent audio, without
modding the hell out of it. I like my RX-340 despite its minor flaws,
because it does such a damned good job.

I have 5 radios in my shack now, and each has a purpose. Depending on
what I want to do, I choose a radio and use it. I *worship* none of
them.

Perspective. It's not just for breakfast any more.

--
Eric F. Richards,

"This book reads like a headache on paper."
http://www.cnn.com/2001/CAREER/readi...one/index.html

Excellent, very well said Eric!

I have anywhere from 5 to 9 receivers at any given time, I too believe

that
certain receivers work better than others in any given situation.

Maybe Phil will stay over in Yahoo with Kenneth (the spelling bee champ)

and
continue to modify the R75.

Les