Old December 30th 03, 12:44 AM
Diverd4777

Bought an R-75, from Universal radio, had them install the DSP
never had a probelm with it.

Great radio..!

In article ,
(RHF) writes:

BH,

Never really heard that the Icon IC-R75
has had Quality Control Problems?

Amplify on what hese "QC" Prooblems Are - Please !

iwtk ~ RHF
.

Old December 30th 03, 02:41 AM
Tony Meloche

Diverd4777 wrote:

Bought an R-75, from Universal radio, had them install the DSP
never had a probelm with it.

Great radio..!

Mine works perfectly, and the tuner alignment is correct to within
2/100ths of a kilohertz. No complaints here.

Tony

Old December 30th 03, 08:01 AM
Pete KE9OA

I am glad that folks have given that mod a try. Not for the faint-hearted,
but it is worth it. If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to
e-mail me.

Pete

RHF wrote in message
om...
NB,

Check-Out the Icom IC-R75 eGroup on YAHOO !
Over 6300 Messages and almost 900 Members.

There is a whole series of Messages on
the AM/MW/BCB Attenuator Modifications.

ihtthbh ~ RHF
.
.
= = = Neil Bell
= = = wrote in message

. ..
I know this radio has a great reputation for SW reception,

My question is how does it do on BCB MW reception ? ?

Is an external speaker really needed?

Neil Bell

Neil Bell

For e-mail replies remove the "notreally."

.

Old December 30th 03, 08:45 AM
CW

Yes, you are.

"Kenneth" wrote in message
m...
Good joke,

Old December 30th 03, 10:46 AM
RHF

BH,

Hello, Can You Reply ?

Please Amplify on these "QC" Problems of the Icom IC-R75.

OBTW - BH, Do You Own an RL Drake R8 Receiver . . .

jftfoi ~ RHF
..
..
= = = (RHF)
= = = wrote in message . com...
BH,

Never really heard that the Icon IC-R75
has had Quality Control Problems?

Amplify on what hese "QC" Prooblems Are - Please !

iwtk ~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Bill Hennessy"
= = = wrote in message om...
Icom has quality control problems.
Thay work great, when thay work.

Bill, N5NOB

Old December 31st 03, 02:38 AM
GrtPmpkin32

The tiny speaker the R75 has can't sound very good. If you are going to
spend the money for those modifications then spend a little more and buy
an external speaker.

I'll agree with this point. I am a mostly-nighttime (bedroom) SWL and as such,
I use headphones exclusively, regardless of which radio(s) I'm playing with on
any given night. But, the few times I have used my R75 without phones, I
immediately set up external speakers with some EQ to get it to sound full
enough to seem 'real'... and this even after I had all modifications and
enhancements done (mostly by me, including installing Kiwa's synch upgrade,
which I simply bought from them and installed myself)... the R75's a fine radio
with phones, or with decent outboard speakers. But the tiny, front-firing stock
speaker isn't full enough to do the rest of the radio justice.
Linus
Old December 31st 03, 10:30 AM
RHF

TELAMON,

So had Icom come out with an R75A and R75B model like
the Drake R8A and R8B then it would be a good radio ?

IMHO: It's the R75's Mods that personalize the radio
and endears the R75 to it's owners.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = Telamon
= = = wrote in message ...
In article ,
(RHF) wrote:

BH,

Never really heard that the Icon IC-R75
has had Quality Control Problems?

Amplify on what these "QC" Problems Are - Please !

iwtk ~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Bill Hennessy"
= = = wrote in message
om...
Icom has quality control problems.
Thay work great, when thay work.

Bill, N5NOB

The Icom R75 does not have QC problems I'm aware of. It does have design
problems and is the reason people have the units modified.