Old January 27th 04, 03:59 AM
Eddie Haskel

All the sales person cares about is his "Spiff". Radio shack pays minimum
wage plus a "Spiff" determined by how much you sell in a 8 hour period. It's
averaged, so if you sell a high ticket item in the morning and nothing the
rest of the day..you get minimum wage for the day. This is why they sell you
ANYTHING they can get away with..gotta keep that "Spiff" going.
And they say "WAL*MART" is bad....yeah right....Eddie

"-Rev Jones" wrote in message
When did Radio Shack decide to cater to criminals ?

Radio Shack on Union Tpke New Hyde park (Long Island)
Unattended cash register, line backed up, rap music blasting
1 employee arguing with a shady looking cell phone customer, 2 remaining
employees going over cell plans with gang banger trash .
Waited 10 minutes and had to walk out before my parking meter expired
I was willing to leave 2 dollars to walk with a set of .99 cent pack of

slug
tweakers (they can keep the change), they said no.
I said a couple choice words and walked out

-RP

Old January 27th 04, 04:21 AM
Chuck Reti

Not quite rifraff, but, a quite elderly, crotchety old guy was in a
local RS, trying to finish buying, yes, a CB RADIO.
He kept hollering to a confused teenaged salesgirl, "wurz the aar-ull?
Needs a aar-ull!" Just before I was going to have mercy and chime in,
another RS-er finally figured out he meant an Antenna (formerly known as
an aerial), found a magmount and sent him on his way.
-
Chuck Reti
WV8A
Detroit MI
Old January 27th 04, 05:09 AM
nowashers

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
newsCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02...
Interesting, it's the same here. Usually a couple of dead beats checking

out
the phones and they get the attention. They must be cheap or something? I
figure if you don't have a cell phone by now you don't need one?

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

Yes. I am one. Never owned a cellphone. Never will.

Any phone company that tells
me that I have to *pay* for calls that I receive
on a cell phone, besides charge for a dozen
other (things that you need a PhD to understand
the reasoning behind) can kiss my a-- on Saturday.

Here is a story. My cousin (who's name is Vinnie !)
signed up with Sprint 6 months ago. He's all
excited cause he got his LG or Samsung (forget
which) Camera phone for only $150.00 and can
even play games on it, besides taking and sending
pictures to his webpage.

His monthly phone bill now averages $145.00
My monthly (pots) bill rarely exceeds $19.00
per month.

The guy who sold him his Sprint contract said
his phone bill dollar amount would be like "paying a
traffic ticket each month". If that was me, I would
have told that salesman to go pay his own "traffic
ticket" and I'd had walked out of the store laughing.

Last week he asked me how I can swing less than
$20 per month for full telephone service. I just smiled
at him and said they can either call later, or leave a
message on the machine, or kiss my a--.

(on a related topic, I always make it a point to
have fun with people who use handheld cell phones
while driving. usually some bimbo in an SUV or
teenager in a late model VW or Honda. one fun
way is to slow down to the posted
speed limit. ****es em off every time and on two
occasions they've run a yellow light or a stop
sign after passing me - i do this when near
intersections- both times they were nabbed by
the PD who I know sit up ahead in a blind spot.
the looks on their faces were priceless)

Old January 27th 04, 05:18 AM
WShoots1

I'm an old guy on my last legs. I carry one -- turned off -- when I'm on the
road. Ham and CB for emergency use are worthless these days.

I only turn it on when I'm rendezvousing with one of my kids, or when I'm
online so they can catch me in an emergency. Else we call each other during one
of the four periods a day I keep my landline free.

Bill, K5BY

Old January 27th 04, 02:04 PM
Diverd4777

In article , "-Rev Jones"
writes:

Cell phones, like silicone are the work of Satan !!

- ROTF&LMAO ! !

Old January 27th 04, 02:04 PM
Diverd4777

In article pCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02, "Jim Douglas"
writes:

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

Yes. Me. No cell phone..

God Talks To Me Di Rect...!
Space Aliens too ..

- There were a few times I needed one; ( Freind drove off on a Bicycle,
drunk,
going the wrong way )
- But he had his cell phone turned off & such,
so it wouldn'tve worked anyway

'Nother time someone else went hiking up the wrong trail, but there were no
repeaters, so we couldn't get service, etc.

Nother time, I done followed the wrong car ; it turned off; we all tried
calling each other & all got voice mail..

Cell Phones Just Suck !

- Carry FSR's; & some quarters..those work all the time

Dan

Old January 27th 04, 03:43 PM
Beloved Leader

"Jackie" wrote in message news:O%iRb.123920$5V2.643646@attbi_s53...
"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
newsCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02...

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

I don't. I have never been in a situation where I've told myself, "god, I
wish I had a cellphone". The day I do, I may get one, but for now it is an
expense I don't need.

Jackie

I disagree. I have some twenty, possibly more, cellphones. I buy them
at yard sales or retrieve them from trash piles. The going rate, for
me, is twenty-five cents. If I'm in a good mood, I might go as high as
a dollar. The most I've ver paid is $2 but that phone came with lots
of accessories. By now I have achieved a critical mass of battery
packs, power adapters, and cigarette lighter adapters.

Although it is widely known to listers at
misc.consumers.frugal-living, most members of the general public are
not aware that calls made to 911 on a working cellphone, even if the
phone has not been activated, must go through. If you can hit an
antenna, even if you are not paying for service, any working cellphone
can be used to make an emergency call to 911. It's federal law.

You can test an inactivated phone by dialing - whoops, entering - a
long string of nonsense digits and hitting "send." If the phone can
send and receive but it inactivated, you will hear an error message to
the effect of "we are sorry, but we cannot place your call at this
time. Please call your service provider for assistance." Translation -
"pay up, deadbeat."

No bills to pay, no incoming calls, no chitchat: there's really no
reason not to have an inactivated cellphone for emergency use only.
Or, in my case, twenty of them.

Best wishes.
Old January 27th 04, 04:17 PM
CW

The majority of people that have them don't need them. It just gives them
something to do when standing in line at Wal-Mart.

Old January 27th 04, 04:19 PM
CW

Yes.