Old February 7th 04, 02:06 AM
Don Putnick

Default WSHB going QRT

I received a letter today from the Station Manager at WSHB. Here are a
couple excerpts:

"I am very sad to have to write to you today, to let you know that we will
cease our shortwave broadcasts on February 29, 2004"

"We are hoping that someone will come forward and purchase the station so
that we may continue our broadcasts, but so far we have not found anyone.
Should we be successful in finding a buyer, I will let you know as soon as I
can."

WSHB RIP

Old February 7th 04, 03:26 AM
tommyknocker

Don Putnick wrote:

I received a letter today from the Station Manager at WSHB. Here are a
couple excerpts:

"I am very sad to have to write to you today, to let you know that we will
cease our shortwave broadcasts on February 29, 2004"

"We are hoping that someone will come forward and purchase the station so
that we may continue our broadcasts, but so far we have not found anyone.
Should we be successful in finding a buyer, I will let you know as soon as I
can."

WSHB RIP

Isn't that "Harvest Broadcasting"? Just goes to show you how difficult
it is to run a SW station with paid programming, especially religious
and right wing. The broadcasters simply don't pay enough to keep the
juice on.

Now if only WWCR and WWRB would disappear...

Old February 7th 04, 03:45 AM
Frank Dresser

"tommyknocker" wrote in message

Isn't that "Harvest Broadcasting"? Just goes to show you how difficult
it is to run a SW station with paid programming, especially religious
and right wing. The broadcasters simply don't pay enough to keep the
juice on.

World Harvest Radio ended up with the old WCSN. They're now WHRA.

WCSN and WSHB were alot more interesting back when the Christian Science
Monitor had their Monitor Radio network going.

Now if only WWCR and WWRB would disappear...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Frank Dresser

Old February 7th 04, 05:51 AM
WShoots1

Frank D.: WCSN and WSHB were alot more interesting back when the Christian
Science Monitor had their Monitor Radio network going.

Ah yes. I'd forgotten all about Monitor Radio. That was a classy, informative
operation.

Bill, K5BY.
Old February 7th 04, 08:42 AM
Frank Dresser

"WShoots1" wrote in message

Ah yes. I'd forgotten all about Monitor Radio. That was a classy,

informative
operation.

Bill, K5BY.

Yes, it was. Unfortunately, it cost more than the Church wanted to
spend. As I understand, attempting to run a TV operation really drained
their funds quickly. They still have the Christian Science Monitor, but
I haven't seen one of those papers in years. It did have a reputation
for first rate journalism.

Frank Dresser

Old February 7th 04, 07:58 PM
Telamon

In article
,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"WShoots1" wrote in message

Ah yes. I'd forgotten all about Monitor Radio. That was a classy,

informative
operation.

Bill, K5BY.

Yes, it was. Unfortunately, it cost more than the Church wanted to
spend. As I understand, attempting to run a TV operation really drained
their funds quickly. They still have the Christian Science Monitor, but
I haven't seen one of those papers in years. It did have a reputation
for first rate journalism.

No need to miss it.
http://www.csmonitor.com/

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 8th 04, 12:15 AM
Frank Dresser

"Telamon" wrote in message

No need to miss it.
http://www.csmonitor.com/

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Thanks! Looks like the Christian Science Monitor is still doing a good
job. Too bad about Monitor Radio, though.

Frank Dresser

Old February 8th 04, 05:59 AM
WShoots1

Thanks, Frank. I was going to say they had a Web version.

Bill, K5BY
Old February 8th 04, 06:43 AM
Telamon

In article
,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

No need to miss it.
http://www.csmonitor.com/

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Thanks! Looks like the Christian Science Monitor is still doing a good
job. Too bad about Monitor Radio, though.

Frank Dresser

Yes I also miss Monitor radio.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 8th 04, 01:39 PM
DinDin

"Don Putnick" wrote in message
link.net...
I received a letter today from the Station Manager at WSHB. Here are a
couple excerpts:

"I am very sad to have to write to you today, to let you know that we

will
cease our shortwave broadcasts on February 29, 2004"

"We are hoping that someone will come forward and purchase the station so
that we may continue our broadcasts, but so far we have not found anyone.
Should we be successful in finding a buyer, I will let you know as soon

as I
can."

WSHB RIP

....another redundant religious broadcaster goes bye-bye on shortwave.
pity it couldn't have been Brother Stair!