Old February 13th 04, 12:33 PM
me

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:43:40 -0800, tommyknocker
wrote:

After a while you notice
that the preaching and conspiracy theorizing found on domestic SW has a
monotonal quality to it, like an interminable session with the worst
professor you had in college.

Yet we still get assholes in here having wet dreams about some of the
pastors. They hand on every word and come here repeating the religious
rants while pretending not to be in love with the pastor.

Old February 13th 04, 07:32 PM
CW

You do if you have a real radio.

"Altawaowr" wrote in message
Here on the west coast of the
US, you don't hear cool things like the Voice of Turkey or Radio Cairo

Old February 13th 04, 09:52 PM
CW

And another idiot hits the bottom of the can with that distinctive and
satisfying sound of PLONK.

"me" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:56:10 -0600, wrote:

No, actually it is pretty much crap. Mostly news and stupid culture
type programs. Very boring.

Old February 14th 04, 12:05 AM
RHF

CW,

"You do if you have a real radio."

Having a 'real' Shortwave Radio is Good - Buy Lets Not Forget...

"The Shortwave Antenna is 55.5% of the Radio/Receiver
and Antenna/Ground Reception Equation"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/288
A REAL Shortwave Antenna is "Equally" Important for Good Reception [.]

All are WELCOME at the "Antenna Ashram"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/502
Shortwave Listener (SWL) and AM & FM Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !

iane ~ RHF
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night...
You Can Hear Forever and beyond the Beyond !
..
..
= = = "CW"

Old February 14th 04, 01:55 AM
CW

A good radio is worthless without a good antenna but a crap radio attached
to a great antenna is still a crap radio. The antenna is likely to make it
worse as the radio will not have the dynamic range or rejection to avoid
overloading. Works great if you want to listen to all stations at the same
time. Don't even have to worry about the tuning knob.

m...

.

Old February 14th 04, 02:08 AM
CW

"tommyknocker" wrote in message
Frank Dresser wrote:

I know that I have to sit in front of my reciever to hear the news
clearly, and I've got a Yaesu.

Try headphones. you will be amazed how much more you understand.

. A couple are mildly interesting, such as Alex

Jones,

Jones is boring. Every show is so predictable. It all revolves around his
primary belief that no one in the government ever has or ever will do
anything that was not designed to screw the American people.

Old February 14th 04, 03:08 AM
tommyknocker

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article ,
(RHF) writes:

DiverD,

That's what I have Three (3) TV Antennas 'Stacked' on One Pole:
[ Over-the-Air FREE TV ]

# 1 = Bottom @ SF Sutro Tower (255*)
RadioShack VU-75 Antenna Mounted at 22 Feet
[ 18 Element Antenna - 50" Boom Length ]

# 2 = Middle @ San Jose (145*)
RadioShack VU-90 Antenna Mounted at 29 Feet
[ 32 Element Antenna - 80" Boom Length ]

# 3 = Top @ Sacramento (45* Plus 5* Tilt )
RadioShack VU-120 Antenna Mounted at 36 Feet
[ 37 Element Antenna - 120" Boom Length ]

CHANNELS - CALL SIGNS (NETWORK) Other Language:

2 - KTVU (FOX)
* 3 - KCRA (NBC)
4 - KRON (IND)
5 - KPIX (CBS)
* 6 - KVIE (PBS)
7 - KGO (ABC)
* 8 - KSWB (NBC)

Oops-that's "KSBW".

9 - KQED (PBS)
* 10 - KXTV (ABC)
11 - KNTV (NBC)
* 13 - KVOR (CBS)

Oops-that's "KOVR".

14 - KDTV (UniVision) Spanish
20 - KBWB (WB)
26 - KTSF (IND)
32 - KMPT (DW-TV) English & German
36 - KICU (IND)
38 - KCNS (SAH)
44 - KBHK (UPN)
48 - KSTS (Tela Mundo /NBC) Spanish
* 50 - KFTY (IND)
54 - KTEH (PBS / BBC-WS)
60 - KCSM-TV (PBS / BBC-WS /IHT-TV)
65 - KKPX (PAX)
66 - KSFS (UniVision) Spanish
68 - KTLN-TV (REL) Spanish

* NOTE: "Varies"
- Weak during the Day.
- Generally Good at Night.

iane ~ RHF
.
.

Way Cool !! ;-)

RHF is just lucky to live within the signal areas of THREE markets-San
Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, and
Salinas-Monterey. I live inland and am lucky to get channel 7 on a good
night. When I was a kid channel 36 used to be receivable inland but it's
not anymore. And every so often I could get KSBW on channel 8, but that
channel is occupied by a LPTV station in my area now (that plays yet
another home shopping channel).

New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM
Antenna cable loss query AES/newspost Shortwave 7 December 11th 03 10:55 PM
Shortwave signals on a simple $5.00 portable am-fm receiver? Drew Shortwave 8 November 5th 03 05:51 PM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM